Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-24-2007, 12:53 PM   #1
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Awwww.

A Xmas Story

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2007, 02:11 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Actually, how many of us could afford a motorcycle on what this woman earns a year? I use mine for daily transportation to save money on fuel, and as a "bonus" - consume less energy resources. But what percentage on this BB do the same? Not that I'm knockin' you if you don't - but the majority of the U.S. sees motos as "toys".

We should be lauded by the Eco-Nazis as fellow Planet-Savers, but they detest us worse than they do the SUV-drivers (which is only natural - as the worst of these hypocrites are "Jet Setting" from one SUV to another, then to their 6900 sq.ft. home that costs a Mint to keep temp-controlled year 'round).

This woman views a motorcycle as a tool and labour-saving device. Imagine the benefit she would reap from something as small as a CL100 or even a Honda Cub? But then, she would probably be Murdered for it, like her Husband.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Actually, how many of us could afford a motorcycle on what this woman earns a year? I use mine for daily transportation to save money on fuel, and as a "bonus" - consume less energy resources. But what percentage on this BB do the same? Not that I'm knockin' you if you don't - but the majority of the U.S. sees motos as "toys".

We should be lauded by the Eco-Nazis as fellow Planet-Savers, but they detest us worse than they do the SUV-drivers (which is only natural - as the worst of these hypocrites are "Jet Setting" from one SUV to another, then to their 6900 sq.ft. home that costs a Mint to keep temp-controlled year 'round).

This woman views a motorcycle as a tool and labour-saving device. Imagine the benefit she would reap from something as small as a CL100 or even a Honda Cub? But then, she would probably be Murdered for it, like her Husband.
I had to laugh and laugh the last time we went down to Moab. They have guest registers at the National Parks and these registers are full of wacky commentary from easterners (especially from Florida)... "ban motorcycles and ATVs", etc. etc. We see large numbers of these people in their gas guzzling V6 Monteros and 4Runners with their bicycles on top heading into the Slick Rock. Moab has become such a popular destination for the granola crowd that you'd think you were in San Fransisco. They even have head shops.

BTW, the bicycles have to be severely restricted because they do vast damage to the sandstone rock because they drag their rear wheels down the steep surfaces. When motorcycles and ATVs were allowed on the rock years ago they did little damage because with REAL suspensions they didn't have to skid down the rock. Eco-Morons think they are enviro-friendly on those mountain bikes. WRONG!

Many of them learn also that "slick rock" refers to the horses' steel hooves. The rock is actually like sandpaper as bicyclists learn to their sorrow when they dump. Don't wear shorts. Come in the spring or fall when it isn't 110+ degrees.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

What's wrong with head shops? Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope!

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
What's wrong with head shops? Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope!
Thank you, Freewheelin' Frank.

I have the complete collection, BTW.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:02 AM   #6
pplassm
Founding Member

These guys specialize in providing motorcycles to Africans:

Home

Randy Mamola and other racers are big supporters.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:55 AM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

""ban motorcycles and ATVs", etc. etc. We see large numbers of these people in their gas guzzling V6 Monteros and 4Runners with their bicycles on top heading into the Slick Rock. Moab..."

Do they have that 'No War for Oil' bumper sticker like Sarnali has on his???
Old 12-25-2007, 06:57 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
""ban motorcycles and ATVs", etc. etc. We see large numbers of these people in their gas guzzling V6 Monteros and 4Runners with their bicycles on top heading into the Slick Rock. Moab..."

They don't seem to see the irony in driving around in V6 SUVs with anti oil company signs on their cars.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:33 AM   #9
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post

**** off, that's only on the Range Rover...I have a "Four More Wars" sticker on the Explorer....

The funniest one I saw was a letter to the Tacoma News Tribune the other day about plug in electric vehicles and how this ginch wanted the city to convert to all rechargable electric cars, trucks and buses. These are the same idjits that want to tear down hydro-electric dams on the Columbia and ban coal burning generating plants, of course Nuclear Generating plants are out of the question.....

I guess we'll just stick solar panels on the roof eh?...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sachiwilson : 12-25-2007 at 08:08 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 07:48 AM   #10
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

So this guy is in your house and he says "hey, I think I smell smoke. It's pretty strong!" And you say: "There you go AGAIN. Always talking about that stupid smoke. You damn liberals...we're just going to ignore you and stay right here on the couch watching teevee. Nothing to see here, just move along, everything is fine, go away, you're blocking the teevee."