Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-23-2007, 06:55 AM   #51
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
>What exactly is a 'cruiser guy' anyway?
>Never could figure that one out.

I'm glad you finally asked longride. I will help you out on this difficult question (very common question with beginners so don't feel foolish unnecessarily).

Well, "Cruiser guy" is a guy who rides cruisers when possible. He does not ride Hayabusas, or even Road Kings. He certainly does not humiliate himself in public claiming V-Max is a cruiser. Most importantly, he does not try to emasculate the whole cruiser community by claiming power is not an issue for them.

- cruiz-euro
I guess the humiliation comes in for you when 'Cruiser' magazine tested a V-Max. So your lookin pretty stupid at this point eh?

Yamaha V-Max Motorcycle - Review & Road Test - Motorcycle Cruiser

If it isn't a cruiser, then define a cruiser for me. I'd love to hear your definition so you can make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have. Go ahead. Teach me something. Define a cruiser so I can laugh real loud. Too easy. You are way too easy.

Last edited by longride : 12-23-2007 at 06:59 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2007, 08:20 AM   #52
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I guess the humiliation comes in for you when 'Cruiser' magazine tested a V-Max. So your lookin pretty stupid at this point eh?

Yamaha V-Max Motorcycle - Review & Road Test - Motorcycle Cruiser

If it isn't a cruiser, then define a cruiser for me. I'd love to hear your definition so you can make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have. Go ahead. Teach me something. Define a cruiser so I can laugh real loud. Too easy. You are way too easy.
Cycle World, Cycle and Motorcyclist all called V-Maxes, V65 Magnas, Eliminators, etc power cruisers. Now we have self-appointed cultural police hanging around who claim those bikes weren't thought of as cruisers. Oh sorry but they most definitely were designed as cruisers and were extensions of the old "custom" models that took the US by storm in the 70s. The bikes were marketed as bikes you would use to troll slowly up and down the boulevard looking for V-twin cruisers to humiliate. They were cruisers all along and attempts to rewrite history are pathetic.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:19 AM   #53
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
> Enough more power and I can do rolling burnouts with my Fat Boy without pre-arranging a quart of oil on the tarmac. Hallelujah.

- cruiz-euro
I'm pleased to see you've modified your bike to the point where you don't have to create oil slicks and cause related environmental damage any more. However, you may want to think about finding those areas where you did dump quarts of oil on the road so you could do burnouts, and seeing if you can't do some sort of clean up effort. Maybe put in some native plants, pick up litter, etc. We all make mistakes, it's what we do after we make a mistake that really counts.

So, how'd you do it anyway? Did you have a pal waiting behind a car in the parking lot with a quart of "burnout oil," or did you ride ahead and dump your oil from a secret underseat dipenser like James Bond's DB-5 had?
Old 12-28-2007, 04:33 AM   #54
anrajala
Founding Member

Yep. As soon as somebody innovates a new class “Power Cruiser” some people start believing V-Max is a cruiser. Usually the same oafs believe Sport Utility Vechicles must be both sporty and utilitarian. Because they are, by definition, aren't they?

But hey, why don’t you ride a V-Max to some group of real cruiser guys and say "Look guys I also have a cruiser". If they start making snipe comments about your brains, which could happen, for some strange reason, pull out your .44 Magnum and hey, you’ll have an instant agreement. V-Max is indeed a cruiser. Make sure your dental insurance is valid.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:56 AM   #55
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Cycle World, Cycle and Motorcyclist all called V-Maxes, V65 Magnas, Eliminators, etc power cruisers. Now we have self-appointed cultural police hanging around who claim those bikes weren't thought of as cruisers. Oh sorry but they most definitely were designed as cruisers and were extensions of the old "custom" models that took the US by storm in the 70s. The bikes were marketed as bikes you would use to troll slowly up and down the boulevard looking for V-twin cruisers to humiliate. They were cruisers all along and attempts to rewrite history are pathetic.
What happened here is a classic example of a guy that can't admit he's wrong. No amount of proof will alter the fact that he is stuck in some alternate universe that we can't fathom. The idiot in question is arguing with me over a V-Max, which is a bike that I owned and rode for 2 years, and he hasn't even ridden one around the block, yet he knows exactly what it is. Even proof that every magazine out there calls the V-Max a cruiser doesn't change the mind of a mental midget. Notice that he has still not given anyone his explicit definition of a cruiser. Because any attempt to do so will make him look like more of an idiot than he already is. Funny that the bikes that the V-Max is always matched up against in reviews are the V-Rod and the Rocket 3. I guess those aren't cruisers either. I guess the guys over at Cruiser Magazine need their dental insurance updated.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:33 AM   #56
anrajala
Founding Member

I can actually picture you riding happily around on your V-Max telling people how you like your cruiser. Everybody must have thought who the hell is that baboon. You never noticed how they were rolling their eyes and removing wax out of the ear while talking to you?

I have nothing against V-Max. Quite the contrary, it still, after all these years has more power, torq and is lighter than V-Rod. Which, amusingly, was once touted as Man-Rod. V-Max can be classified as losely defined Power Cruiser what not. But no sirree, its not a cruiser. Even your wife knows it isn't.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:43 PM   #57
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
What happened here is a classic example of a guy that can't admit he's wrong. No amount of proof will alter the fact that he is stuck in some alternate universe that we can't fathom. :
Actually it's sort of nice to have another KAVENGERSQUIDPAULCOOK around. You can forget just how completely irrational people can be if you don't get a taste of this sort of thing from time to time.... Besides, the setups for the jokes are unbeatable.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:03 AM   #58
vermicious
Registered Member

Yeah, but we could just as easily replace them all with a couple of bots. We could give each one a separate irrational fixation.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote