Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   My 2008 zx14 Special Edition (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6870-my-2008-zx14-special-edition.html)

Gluge 12-11-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 174915)
What's even more amazing is that you have a garage you can actually park vehicles in. Wow, unheard of 'round these parts...

What 'round these parts refers to where?

You gotta get a garage... ahh I just finished epoxying the floor of my new 2-car garage :)
though it's just barely a 2-car :(

sarnali2 12-11-2007 11:57 AM

Cool bike, what color are you going to paint the primered parts?

jes' kiddin' that does look cool

v3n0m 12-11-2007 12:10 PM

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to park it in this forum for a while since the R6 forum has discarded me. lol j/k. You guys have a great sense of humor and your right I live in the Orlando area. It has 60 miles now and I try to keep it at speed limit. I'm not thinking of changing the color. The flat black was very appealing to me and was one of the reasons I got the special edition. I will be doing some upgrades to her but not until she is well broken in. Thanks for the warm welcome and Happy Holidays to all.

seruzawa 12-11-2007 12:15 PM

I could see having a ZX14 in west Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Nevada, etc. But Florida? How do you get out of first gear?

pushrod 12-11-2007 12:23 PM

Seru, you've apparently never been on the "Florida Turnpike."

It's right behind I-95 as one of the quicker sections of pavement.

I-4 on the other hand is walking speed, if you're on it outside of rush hours-and-hours.

BrowningBAR 12-11-2007 12:26 PM

Alligator Alley.

sarnali2 12-11-2007 12:33 PM

What about that bridge on True Lies, you could wail across that on a ZX14.........

Kenneth_Moore 12-11-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v3n0m (Post 174935)
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to park it in this forum for a while since the R6 forum has discarded me. lol j/k. You guys have a great sense of humor and your right I live in the Orlando area. It has 60 miles now and I try to keep it at speed limit. I'm not thinking of changing the color. The flat black was very appealing to me and was one of the reasons I got the special edition. I will be doing some upgrades to her but not until she is well broken in. Thanks for the warm welcome and Happy Holidays to all.

I'll be up in Cocoa Beach the week of the 24th through the 31st. Drop me a PM if you want to whip that bike over to the beach and hook up for a ride. I'm sure the DL1K can at least keep you in sight....or not... :D

seruzawa 12-11-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 174938)
Seru, you've apparently never been on the "Florida Turnpike."

It's right behind I-95 as one of the quicker sections of pavement.

I-4 on the other hand is walking speed, if you're on it outside of rush hours-and-hours.

I was just looking at the maps of the US and I figured that a ZX14 would be halfway across Florida by the time it pegged it in top gear.

Maybe if an anti-bluehair cowcatcher were installed....

v3n0m 12-28-2007 04:55 PM

We have lots of back roads you can let her open up for a little but I'm looking to take her to the track once she's broken in.