Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   32nd Annual El Camino Bike Show (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6867-32nd-annual-el-camino-bike-show.html)

Administrator 12-10-2007 07:07 PM

32nd Annual El Camino Bike Show

Original Article:
32nd Annual El Camino Bike Show

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 32nd Annual El Camino Bike Show in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 12-11-2007 05:08 AM

Ah yes. El Camino college. Many's the time I walked out of class, limping from a serious bike crash and said to myself, "Now where the #@%&* did I park my $#%$ing car?" This was followed by the Neverending Quest for the Hidden Datsun 510.

BrowningBAR 12-11-2007 06:19 AM

Growing up my parents had two Datsuns. One was a sh!tty flat orange and the other was plain white. Both, I think, were the Datsun 200sx. They looked like hell and were a piece of crap from what I remember. I was between the age of 5 to 10, so I wasn't exactly in the loop on the car problems. I just remember them being ugly sunsab!tches.

seruzawa 12-11-2007 06:32 AM

The 510s were...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 174885)
Growing up my parents had two Datsuns. One was a sh!tty flat orange and the other was plain white. Both, I think, were the Datsun 200sx. They looked like hell and were a piece of crap from what I remember. I was between the age of 5 to 10, so I wasn't exactly in the loop on the car problems. I just remember them being ugly sunsab!tches.

... pretty good cars. They still race those old 510s today. I used to easily out accelerate MGBs and such. Of course this was 1972. I bought it because a relative had one, had owned it for over a year and it had never had to be repaired. Unheard of in 1972.

Datsun also used to own the small truck market. Back then Toyotas weren't so good. Funny how things change. Nissan let their product line go downhill while Toyota sought reliability. We can see who won. Too bad the American auto industry can't figure it out. Everybody in the world seems to get it except Detroit and BMW.

sarnali2 12-11-2007 11:28 AM

I had a 510 for awhile, I also had a '69 Toyota Corona with a three-on-the-tree. That was a runnin' mu-fu. I had studded snow tires on the back because I needed tires and they were the cheapest. One year it snowed alot we went hill climbing all over the place in it. it was like a little tank, you could go almost anywhere with it. We'd drive around the barricades and just floor it, it'd just claw its way up past everything..Great car!

Kenneth_Moore 12-11-2007 12:27 PM

1970 (I think) Datsun 1200 sedan and 1972 240Z. If it weren't for the damn rust, they'd probably still be running around today. Those were great cars.

mscuddy 12-11-2007 04:09 PM

I took my smog certification class at El Camino, great auto shop. Use to park my XS1100 in the shop, never had any parking problems. One time I did have to park my goat in the parking structure though, that was a walk...

bowtydaddy 12-13-2007 07:13 AM

OK, is it Earle Cane or Kane and how do I contact him? Thanks

anrajala 12-14-2007 01:25 AM

>Everybody in the world seems to get it except Detroit and BMW.

BMW? They seem to get it. How about their M5, saloon for comfortable everyday transportation with a F1 derived 500 hp V10 (4.4s 0-60). Also them guys bought Rolls Royce and also produce the best hot hatch available, Mini.

- cruiz-euro

seruzawa 12-14-2007 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anrajala (Post 175397)
>Everybody in the world seems to get it except Detroit and BMW.

BMW? They seem to get it. How about their M5, saloon for comfortable everyday transportation with a F1 derived 500 hp V10 (4.4s 0-60). Also them guys bought Rolls Royce and also produce the best hot hatch available, Mini.

- cruiz-euro

No experience with that. However I've had several experiences with other BMW cars and I am not impressed with their reliability.