Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   ’08 Kawasaki ZX-10R Preview (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6831-08-kawasaki-zx-10r-preview.html)

Administrator 12-03-2007 06:03 PM

’08 Kawasaki ZX-10R Preview
 

Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//manufacturer/kawasaki/08-kawasaki-zx10r-preview-70237.html">’08 Kawasaki ZX-10R Preview</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article ’08 Kawasaki ZX-10R Preview in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

sfcdjevans 12-03-2007 06:26 PM

Will wonders never cease... Nice write up, techy without being too techy.

longride 12-04-2007 05:20 AM

Good article. I really used to like the litre bikes because they were a bit bigger than the 600's, but now they are all the same size bike with a different motor. Too damned small!

The_AirHawk 12-04-2007 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 174345)
Good article. I really used to like the litre bikes because they were a bit bigger than the 600's, but now they are all the same size bike with a different motor. Too damned small!

Ironically, I myself have always wondered exactly WHY the liter's were so much larger than the 600's - after all, the cylinders aren't THAT much bigger!

Now it seems, the Japanese have finally caught-up to my way of thinking when I was but a teenager. Where will they be in another 25 years or so................? :cool:

seruzawa 12-04-2007 05:50 AM

Ha!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 174348)
Where will they be in another 25 years or so................? :cool:

Probably they'll be dealing with horsepower limits and speed governors. You are seeing the trend now in the naked standards like the Bandit and the GSX1400. Bigger engines tuned for torque because the gubmint sez you can only have 90hp. Then 85... then 80... and so on and so on.

It might save a life, after all.

Kenneth_Moore 12-04-2007 06:29 AM

Can somebody explain to the retarded guy in Florida why there is a liability issue with traction control? Or, how is it that adding a system that assists a rider with controling the bike creates liability? It's like saying we can't call this new thing ABS, it's a "tire tread wear management system to keep you from flat-spotting your tires during rapid deceleration." Huh? Cars have traction control, they call it that, and I don't think they had any liability concerns.

Also, any attorney worth his comission is going to cut right through any marketing/naming/labeling crap anyway. If there is a genuine liability issue with putting traction control on a bike, Kawi will get whacked for it in spite of any legal two-steps they may try.

The_AirHawk 12-04-2007 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 174355)
Can somebody explain to the retarded guy in Florida why there is a liability issue with traction control? Or, how is it that adding a system that assists a rider with controling the bike creates liability? It's like saying we can't call this new thing ABS, it's a "tire tread wear management system to keep you from flat-spotting your tires during rapid deceleration." Huh? Cars have traction control, they call it that, and I don't think they had any liability concerns.

Also, any attorney worth his comission is going to cut right through any marketing/naming/labeling crap anyway. If there is a genuine liability issue with putting traction control on a bike, Kawi will get whacked for it in spite of any legal two-steps they may try.

Because the first time some mook hamfists the throttle and dumps the clutch (like I did this morning after I avoided some little Ol' Lady that pulled-out in front of me) and spins the back tire whilst wheelie'n (like I did this morning while.... you get the picture) then dumps it on top of him (UNLIKE I did this morning when.... ), the first thing his Lawyer will say to the Judge is: "You Honor, my client wouldn't be a stupid retard today, if the faulty TRACTION CONTROL and ANTILOCK BRAKES on his CBRGSXRZX-19 hadn't failed to save him from himself."

And the Judge will prolly agree, 'cuz he's a Democrat......... (ZZZZzzzzt! - Ploink! - Trolltrolltrolltrolltroll.........)

(yeah, I lit the fuse - what of it?)

vermicious 12-04-2007 07:39 AM

It's an attractive update inside and out but I'll reserve judgement until I see the dyno numbers.

sarnali2 12-04-2007 07:47 AM

(eyeing glittering spoon in the water...)

Maybe if Jeb Bush didn't step in and steal the election for his brother after his constituants proved themselves too stupid to punch a hole in the appropriate place on a ballot we wouldn't be worried about such things as ABS and Traction Control.....with the flat straight roads in Fla. who needs them anyway...

About the ZX10, an incredibly fast, good handling screamer that I couldn't shoehorn myself onto in the admitidly remote chance that I could find a need to ride a race bike on the street in the first place....excellent job!

Kenneth_Moore 12-04-2007 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 174369)

And the Judge will prolly agree, 'cuz he's a Democrat......... (ZZZZzzzzt! - Ploink! - Trolltrolltrolltrolltroll.........)

Not in this neck o' the woods.

So, by that reasoning, anybody who buys an all wheel drive Subaru that loses control on an icy road can sue the living tacos out of Suby because the system didn't keep them from killing themselves? Look, I understand the "litigation nation" thing, but even in that light, I still don't see how adding what amounts to a safety system makes you more liable than not.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:38 AM.