Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-04-2007, 11:37 AM   #11
Gluge
Registered Member

You guys all whine way too much. To everyone who complains about not being on a sportbike. Get the F*** off the couch and exercises some! build up some flexibility! Get rid of that gut!

My father is over 70, probably a bit under 200 lbs and races and tours on a RS250.

I do admit though I will never need that much power on the street.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #12
Gluge
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I still don't see how adding what amounts to a safety system makes you more liable than not.
That's the whole point of adding it and not calling it TC. Adding safety systems won't make you more liable. Telling riders it will control their rear wheel traction and prevent the rear from sliding - That is what can make you more liable.

Hence them adding it and then not calling it TC. While they probably could be safe calling it TC then explaining to everyone how it won't always safe a crash, it's probably easier just not to call it TC.
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Old 12-04-2007, 11:51 AM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluge View Post
That's the whole point of adding it and not calling it TC. Adding safety systems won't make you more liable. Telling riders it will control their rear wheel traction and prevent the rear from sliding - That is what can make you more liable.
Ohhh...ok. Now I get it. See, even I can grasp complex concepts with a little help.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #14
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Alright, Kgluge, calm down

No matter how much someone works out, they still may not fit comfortably in a sportbike.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #15
Gluge
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Alright, Kgluge, calm down

No matter how much someone works out, they still may not fit comfortably in a sportbike.
Oh yea I forgot to mention you can get bar risers and other such things. Not sure if you can get adjustable pegs that adjust lower (silly rear sets usually only let you got higher I believe)

My point was wear there's the will you should be able to find a way
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Old 12-04-2007, 01:23 PM   #16
Gluge
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Edit by admin - calm down folks.
Wait so your whole insult is that I'm young and skinny?

Are you really so bitter about being old you go around insulting people for being young? How very Adult of you.
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Last edited by administrator : 12-04-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:02 PM   #17
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Wait, you just realized sarnali is an old, bitter SOB?!
Old 12-04-2007, 02:05 PM   #18
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

What's the link to Blur Studios for? Are you in the 3D animation field? Vid games or just animation?
Old 12-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #19
acecycleins
Founding Member

If the system is designed to detect "wheel spin" and it does not include application of a breaking system it IS NOT by definition: Traction Control. Look at every modern car (track or not) and it uses braking force to bring the car back into line. When you "retard" ignition you are simply cutting power. SO- TC is not on this bike (or any other for that matter). Suzuki's system uses a similar concept as Kawi.
As for the compactness of current sportbikes: Today's bikes are far smaller than their ancestors. A 1995 CBR600F bike was 405 dry but the dimensions of the bike were about the same as a 2004 or so CBR1000rr.
In short- they make them for jockeys. As long as you're between 145-175 you're in the house, but bust the 195 mark and things get tight (not in a good way).
Old 12-04-2007, 02:17 PM   #20
Gluge
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
What's the link to Blur Studios for? Are you in the 3D animation field? Vid games or just animation?
Studio I work at. We oscar nominated shorts, game cinematics, commercials (did a cool rebook one) Ride films, we did the simpsons movie trailer, a bit of the beowolf trailer, we did all the NFL graphics for fox (robot stuff etc.) Did 40 mins of animation with Mickey, etc. for disney. We did stuff for the last rocky movie and pre-vis for fincher's Zodiac movie.

We do a lot of game cinematics (currently working on 20 mins worth for one high profile game) But we rarely do anything for the actual game graphics a few times game companies have had us make really high detail game characters then they've used them to generate their lower poly ones, but usually it's seperate.

It's a fun place we get a lot of those hollywood people coming in. I'm still hoping to meet eastwood and Riddley Scott though.
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio