Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Around The Lake (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6808-around-lake.html)

Administrator 11-30-2007 03:22 PM

Around The Lake

Original Article:
Around The Lake

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Around The Lake in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 11-30-2007 04:25 PM

Hory Clap!

WTF hit him, the Orange Blossom Special?

So far as the SS Badger goes - you sure you're not a member of the Go9?

When running 'round a really large body of water - stopping for a swim or snorkel (sometimes skinny-dipping) is such a satisfying surprise (especially to the solitary single-guy), that you should sing songs to some diety while you dry your dermis.........

Enjoyed it, thanks for the Writeup!

mscuddy 12-01-2007 08:32 AM

"I can’t think of any more appropriate way to thumb your nose at death than to celebrate life on a motorcycle, can you?"

That's what I use to think too, and now I'm thumbing my nose at death from a wheelchair. Nice story. Dig your Uncle's 305 Honda (although it's not a 1969, more like a '63).

Ride each day like it's your last, 'cause it just might be.

hondabill 12-02-2007 04:28 PM

Great story.

I did a similar trip with my brother in law back in July of 2004. We rode to Muskegon and took the Lake Express to Milwaukee. We did this to avoid Chicago. We then rode north then east around Lake Michigan. 4 days on the road 1200 miles and never saw rain either.

longride 12-02-2007 04:54 PM

Just do the circle tour route and you get to see more. Forget the boats. Leave those for Navy guys like Cuddy.

hutch312 12-03-2007 05:57 PM

Nice story! I did the Lake Michigan Circle tour last July all by land and I have to say it was one of the most boring rides of my life! The mistake I made was being on a sport bike rather than a decked out 600 pounder beemer or goldwing, that is the way to roll, but I need to be about 30 years older before I can get my self on one of those.

cherrypicker 12-06-2007 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hutch312 (Post 174310)
I need to be about 30 years older before I can get my self on one of those.

I used to think the same thing unitl about 6 months ago. I got married, and bought a R1200RT. It's less of a compromise from a sportbike than you might think, and handles much better 2-up than hte ZX9R I had.

Great article! The wife and I did a circle tour of Wisconsin through Green bay and up to Rt 2 then back down the West side. I might have to convince the wife to do a 5 or 6 day circle tour of the lake for our 1 long riding trip next year.

hondabill 12-07-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 174219)
Just do the circle tour route and you get to see more. Forget the boats. Leave those for Navy guys like Cuddy.

I just preferred to ride on my bike and not sit in stop and go construction traffic in 90F temperatures.

longride 12-07-2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondabill (Post 174751)
I just preferred to ride on my bike and not sit in stop and go construction traffic in 90F temperatures.

All you needed to do was get plan to get through those any of those areas early morning, late evening, or any weekend. Easy.

pushrod 12-07-2007 12:28 PM

Great story, and a good read!

Thanks!