Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #71
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Even a long time HD loyalist like me has thrown in the towel, there's just better bikes out there in that class, with the added benefit of cost savings."

Dude, like I said, that was more true 27 years ago than it is today. I really don't know why you need to preach so much to go buy a bike. Harleys were always slow and expensive. Why do you feel the need to keep repeating it? It's like you need to justify it to yourself. I already know what I like, and the Raider or any other copycat bike ain't it. You aren't going to tell me much I don't already know. Elvis is cool, and impersonators aren't. It doesn't matter if they look better, sing better, or dance better, there isn't a replacement for an original. Harley is cool and a fake Star isn't Get over it already. Go buy the Yamaha (cough Star) will ya?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2007, 10:26 AM   #72
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
>so I know a little bit about brakes, handling, and power

That must be a knucklehead right there on that picture then

- cruiz-euro
No, it's actually in the picture of your Fatboy. Oh, that's right, you never posted it. Never got around to posting the French V-Twin that Harley copied either. Maybe when you actually buy a motorcycle, then post it up, until then, just keep saying nothing as always.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #73
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
... personal dilemma about looks vs performance by not bothering with cruisers at all. Nothing bores me more than riding slowly with about 200 other people who can't get around a turn without scraping their floorboards and weaving all over the road. 700+ pounds of wallowing excess. All patriots with drag pipes, unscuffed leathers and no DD214s either. No thanks. I've already spent enough of my life piloting gunboats.

Well maybe "Survivor" bores me more but it's close.

To me the arguments about cruiser performance are about as entertaining as arguments about whether Civics are faster than Sentras. All are hopeless slugs. Who cares which is the least slow? Not me.

Hey, but whatever turns ya on. Go for it. I like a nice relaxing putt too from time to time. Not enough to waste even the relatively "cheap" $13K on a chrome barge. I used to "get it". I guess I lost it. (pun intended)
Bravo, Seruzawa. I had a some cruisers in the past. Yeah, they were even H-Ds. I was a HOG member, went to rallies, and met some people.

It took me far too long to realize that the cruiser concept of motorcycling doesn't fit me.

Nothing against those that it does.

H-D, sell the XR1200 over here and we'll talk.

FWIW, I don't like the way any of the three bikes in this article look. And isn't looks the whole point of these things?
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:31 AM   #74
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Hmmmm... We are not talking about some cruiser slightly bettering HD in the grunt department, like it was only few years ago. We are talking about every respectable cruiser manufacturer througly waxing the butt of Harley. 43% more torque equals to total annihilation. Absolute humiliation. It never was this bad.

If HD wants to keep the lustre on the badge (which, ominiously, started to peel off in this comparo) it has to start doing some engineering. It loses all the comparos so bad that a Harley rider starts to look a bit of a clown.

- cruiz-euro
I'm so glad we're having this little talk. You've been internalizing everything far too long.

Every respectable cruiser manufacturer is building a clone of what? That's right, a clone of a Harley Davidson.

"43%" amounts to total annihilation. Except that by definition, the cruiser market and user needs aren't focused on performance. The guys who are focused on performance go buy sportbikes. Cruiser/chopper riders are about image, style, lifestyle, socializing, etc. Ok, for the .001% of the cruiser riders who care if the other guy's 0-60 time is a few seconds faster than theirs, then maybe it's important. The other 99.999% are more concerned about what their handlebars look like.

You're right. Many Harley riders look like clowns these days. Yesterday I saw a pack of "badass dudes" with leather wrist bands, bandannas, braided underam hair, etc. pulling out of Broken Sound. The minimum hose price in that neighborhood is around $3M, and these guys were trying to imitate a bunch of criminals...what a joke. However, the competitive cruiser/chopper guys are trying to imitate the imitators...who at least RIDE the real thing, even if they aren't the real thing.

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 12-03-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #75
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Can we just start a "Get Anarajala a new motorcycle because he keeps b!tching about his Fatboy" collection? Apart from a Fugly Rune, what bike will the collection go towards?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:47 AM   #76
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Actually midget Elvis impersonators are cool in a David Lynch sort of way...
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:50 AM   #77
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Dude, the only fatboy he has is his boyfriend. Obviously he's another internet turd that landed in our punchbowl. Nothice that his traits are surprisingly similar to the last turd we flushed out of here. NO mention of riding or motorcycles in any real sense. Just lots of the same old BS and nonsense that makes these guys real internet heros....... at least in their minds.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #78
anrajala
Founding Member

Ah Longride, I thought putting up my photo would satisfy your slightly perv fetish with photos, at least for a while. But no.

Anyways I was just wondering why intelligent person like yourself, who publicly claims to know about brakes, handling and power is sporting a picture of knucklehead.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #79
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

If that is you in the photo, you look just like I thought you would: a Pillsbury Doughboy dressed like an idiot. Nice pink shirt by the way. It almost hides your fat gut. I always wonder why an idiot like yourself supposedly has a Harley that he hates. We all know you really don't own a bike, just like your mentor didn't. I didn't know wanting to see a picture of your bike was suddenly a 'perv fetish'. What kind of fetish would that be? Proving you to be a liar and fake fetish, is that it? What is more perverted, someone that doesn't own a bike and talks about it alot like you, or someone that owns 4 that talks about them alot, and actually has a picture of one of them, like me. I love my Knuck. It's the coolest ride around, and more fun to ride than most bikes. I bet you couldn't even get it started, much less ride it. I just got an 01 Bandit yesterday too. It's got 120 hp and 81 ft lbs of torque. Should I post up the dyno charts? Do you think that it has good brakes, handling and power?
Old 12-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #80
seruzawa
The Toad

Default You rang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Actually midget Elvis impersonators are cool in a David Lynch sort of way...
Meet me by the stables at 8PM. Don't forget to bring Laura Herring with you.