Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-01-2007, 08:49 AM   #31
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
Since the Raider has a 5 speed tranny and the others a 6, I was expecting you to tell us RPM at highway cruising speeds. Did I just miss it? Or does anyone know? Thanks.
You're assuming Pete or Duke ever ride anything at 65 mph.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2007, 09:36 AM   #32
Pete_Brissette
My member is not Junior!

Default 65

Old 12-01-2007, 11:54 AM   #33
OhioSteve
Founding Member

Yamaha deserves praise for including fantastic brakes on this bike. It shows that they really care about repeat business However, I think that Yamaha is somewhat inferior to HD in terms of fit & finish. The detail work on Harleys is wonderful.
OhioSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #34
OhioSteve
Founding Member

61 hp should be adequate. I don't see that as a big negative.
OhioSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:59 AM   #35
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
The kind of MBA's who are making killer profits. That's what businesses are for. They sell to their particular public.

What's this constant whining about HP? Not everybody cares that much. Different people have different needs and desires. It's called a difference of opinion. Neither one is right, just different.

Chill.

That's right, I honestly don't get all this Harley's are slow crap either. My '05 carburated 5 speed Dyna will scoot right up to a hundred without much trouble and cruise all day along at 90+.....where are you riding that that is not fast enough?

No it won't outrun a 160+ mph Sportbike or even my Bandit for that matter, If you're riding that fast on the street please see our buddy acecyclein's about naming me as beneficiary on a fat policy. I don't really care if a Star-maha is faster or torquier, I want to a Harley not a cruiser or some Factory chopper. If I wish to customize my Harley there's a phonebook full of parts to choose from and a shop on every corner to perform any work I can't.

If you want a Yama-star or whatever else go buy one, I'm happy for you that you found what you wanted but really, what's your point in constantly bagging on Harleys? If you don't like them don't buy one, it's as simple as that.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 12-01-2007 at 12:03 PM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #36
anrajala
Founding Member

>people who are considering a $20,000 Harley are not going to even consider buying
>the Raider... I don't think performance is the motivating factor in this purchasing decision

I totally agree. If you blow a lot of money on a bike you don’t want a strong engine. The Harley guys were on the ball and blew the massive R&D budget (must run up to several thousands of dollars judging by the output) on something that really matters i.e. swiveling rear fender. Rather than, say, to hike the output from 61 rwhp to 63. After all, as the corporation guy pointed out, the regular fender brackets face 200g acceleration. This is a shocking figure and it was about the time something was done about it.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #37
anrajala
Founding Member

The point is that the Motor Corporation has to move their big white backside and do something. Even the skinny pansy limeys with horrible teeth and girlfriends with unshaven legs and bad breath (at least they are generous if you know what I mean) are building more substantial cruisers these days. There’s that old rule of thumb that when the brits start to beat you in engineering you should get back to the drawing board.

I see a great brand going down the tube with a half arsed effort. Seven years ago 61 rwhp on a big cruiser was acceptable, if not great, but here’s news for you: it’s not any more. Goal posts have moved. I just read a local mag doing a comparo on 5 big cruisers, do I need to tell you which was the loser? (Rocket won)

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:06 PM   #38
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
The point is that the Motor Corporation has to move their big white backside and do something. Even the skinny pansy limeys with horrible teeth and girlfriends with unshaven legs and bad breath (at least they are generous if you know what I mean) are building more substantial cruisers these days. There’s that old rule of thumb that when the brits start to beat you in engineering you should get back to the drawing board.

I see a great brand going down the tube with a half arsed effort. Seven years ago 61 rwhp on a big cruiser was acceptable, if not great, but here’s news for you: it’s not any more. Goal posts have moved. I just read a local mag doing a comparo on 5 big cruisers, do I need to tell you which was the loser? (Rocket won)

- cruiz-euro
Dude, I've ridden all the current gigantor cruisers. If you can't keep your Fatboy upright, you'd be tipping over at every intersection on one of these.

H-D's current business model is to sell you the extra cubes. Can't blame 'em for wanting to make a profit.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:54 PM   #39
bowtydaddy
Registered Member

Everytime a new model comes out, I'm usually left wondering why some of the styling decisions were made. I'm sure they are trying to appeal to the broadest market possible which is surely the case in the cruiser market. The Yammie has the most BFTB but the styling just plain sucks. They need to slip that mill into the Warrior. It's due for an upgrade.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #40
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Dude, I've ridden all the current gigantor cruisers. If you can't keep your Fatboy upright, you'd be tipping over at every intersection on one of these.

H-D's current business model is to sell you the extra cubes. Can't blame 'em for wanting to make a profit.
Ever notice it's the guys that don't own a motorcycle that are always the ones that cry about horsepower? Maybe if they actually rode, they would find out that it really isn't all that important in the real world of 55mph speed limits and $2500 reckless driving tickets. When the average guy that actually RIDES is looking at a cruiser, I bet horsepower ranks right up in importance with the color of the hair of the salesman.