Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-13-2007, 07:56 AM   #341
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I bet they paid serious cash for that study too!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2007, 08:00 AM   #342
vermicious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Why can we stop all this bruhaha and focus on the truly important issues of our time?

Study discovers why pregnant women do not tip over -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
It's the counter weights that migrate to the buttocks.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:15 AM   #343
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

That's MO - it attracts (and retains!) only the Best and Brightest..............

Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:19 AM   #344
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Weebles wobble..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:20 AM   #345
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Stupid studies, doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I bet they paid serious cash for that study too!
My favorite study was the one that found out that men are different than women.

Other Genius Study Runner Ups:

-Tricycles are unstable.
-Cats are different than dogs.
-Shooting cats in the head will kill them.
-People are happier when they are prosperous than when they are poor and hungry.

And the piece de resistance: sexually abusing children doesn't adversely affect them.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:20 AM   #346
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Get with the program guys....

Lets review, Harleys are overpriced underperforming piles of dung, only a fool or a fat lazy guy that don't go to the gym would want one.

YamaStarMaha's are the ne` plus ultra (that's like French dude) of motorcycles everybody wants one so they can be billy bad ass's and quit shaving everyday

EX500's are excellent bikes ,,,,,,well, I'll grant you that one...

250 Aprillias are based on shootout result, the best bike on Oiyth and cool kids ride them.

Kenneth is proud of his computor geek status, Vstrom pocket protector and totally cool new DL

Longride and I, dispite or years of experiance don't know sh*t from Shinola, need to quit hating Japanese bikes and embrace the new paradigm shift of test results being the last word in motorcycle purchase's irregardless of personal preferences in which we are also wrong.....

I think that covers it, Oh yeah..

Harley's Best F*ck The Rest, the only reason they make metric cruisers is to keep dish*ts off Harleys....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #347
wallace666
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world. I found out the EX500 and Aprilia RS250 are the greatest bikes ever made. I found out Harleys are not only slow and overpriced, but they depreciate faster than anything too. I know that I need to go to the gym to somehow fit on ever shrinking liter bikes. You are correct on all points. After 40 years of riding, owning, rebuilding, buying and selling just about size, type, and make of bikes, I am lost in your wisdom. You certainly have all the answers, and I have none. Any reasons I would own or ride a bike are certainly silly and worthless, while yours are rock solid and unarguable. What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest.
Oh shyt, we went to far!! Longride has turned into an agreeable "yes man" zombie. Well, there goes the forum.............Who gonna call me wally wiener, dumb arse and all the other names and insults I've learned to love. I guess I should have fessed up in the beginning and told him I have a springer pan out in the garage I'm building.
wallace666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:12 AM   #348
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Get with the program guys....

Lets review, Harleys are overpriced underperforming piles of dung, only a fool or a fat lazy guy that don't go to the gym would want one.

YamaStarMaha's are the ne` plus ultra (that's like French dude) of motorcycles everybody wants one so they can be billy bad ass's and quit shaving everyday

EX500's are excellent bikes ,,,,,,well, I'll grant you that one...

250 Aprillias are based on shootout result, the best bike on Oiyth and cool kids ride them.

Kenneth is proud of his computor geek status, Vstrom pocket protector and totally cool new DL

Longride and I, dispite or years of experiance don't know sh*t from Shinola, need to quit hating Japanese bikes and embrace the new paradigm shift of test results being the last word in motorcycle purchase's irregardless of personal preferences in which we are also wrong.....

I think that covers it, Oh yeah..

Harley's Best F*ck The Rest, the only reason they make metric cruisers is to keep dish*ts off Harleys....
Me and you against the world Bro..........as it should be!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:12 AM   #349
vermicious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
That's not needlessly incendiary or anything.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:16 AM   #350
wallace666
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Would you PLEASE explain to me why you think a wildly successful company like Harley should go out and change what has been working so well for them because of some damn test?
Harley is changing! They went to a non-HD motor on the Buell to compete, they built the VRod to compete and draw the younger crowd, which didn't really work because of pricing. VRod is more popular in Europe than America. I was looking at the HD website last night. First off, damn they are building some good looking bikes. I grew up on HD's, they'll always be in my blood. If you look at the new bikes, the bigger 96 and 107 cu. in. engines, 6 speed trannies and brembo brakes, also abs. They are changing to keep up with the other brand offerings. And you know what, I damn glad to see it!! Hopefully they'll do some type of air oil cooled set up like Victory does so they can keep the old style engines and not have to go water cooled. HD is smart, they'll figure it out. They have had some sales decline recently, and a manufacturing shut down. The indicators are there that they need to evolve with the market. That's just business. They do remember what happened years ago when they almost folded up, it can happen.

But the fact is that they are responding(changing)to retain market share and draw in new buyers.
wallace666 is offline   Reply With Quote