Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-13-2007, 05:06 AM   #321
Gluge
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
The reason you hear people compare that stuff all the time, is just like you and Wally, they need to justify their purchase by putting someone, or something else down. You both have done it repeatedly with just about every post you make. Can't ride a sportbike? Quit whining and go to the gym stupid! You like Harleys? Well, you are an idiot, they suck! See how that works? Small minds work the same way in ever form of every subject.
I will admit to telling people to quit whinnying and go the the gym with regards to riding the ZX-10 in another thread. I never called them stupid though or said harleys suck. I did say this yamaha was a better bike compared to this harley but I was only basing that on the review.

Quote:
You seem to have every answer for every question for everyone. I wonder how you know so much in such a short period of time? Must be because you are so much smarter than the rest of us.
Yes it is. Someone who sticks to the subject at hand, answers questions posed and raises new ones usually tends to be smarter than those who resort to personal attacks and avoid debating the actual points.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2007, 05:12 AM   #322
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Yeah, after telling someone they should quit whining and get their fat lazy ass in shape, I can see that you are a real stickler at sticking to the questions and never resort to personal attacks.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:13 AM   #323
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Wow your dense if you think a busa is automatically better than an EX500."

I see you are 'sticking to the facts' and 'avoiding personal attacks' again! Great stuff here!
Old 12-13-2007, 05:13 AM   #324
Gluge
Registered Member

Quote:
Easily the most hilarious and one-sided 'comparison' I ever saw! How long did you look before you could 'randomly' find one comparison that would 'prove' your point? It would be funny if it wasn't pathetic! I guess all that money I made over the years selling Harleys for a profit doesn't count! I guess KBB is the REAL authority! LOL Dude, you could keep quoting KBB until you are blue in the face. You can keep saying Harleys suck, You can keep showing me numbers, but at the end of the day, I'll still be riding my Harleys along with the 300,000 other people that will be buying one this year. And when I sell the ones I have, I will bet you that I will make a profit at the end of the day. That is the real world At the price I got my Knuck, I could turn it over right now for at least 7 grand more than I paid for it. Go look up what a 47 Knucklehead is worth in KBB. Maybe you can get together with the 2 other guys that tour on Aprilia 250's and tell yourselves how smart you are.
Thank you for all that insight. If you can suggest a better place to get average selling prices please do so. I realize KBB isn't always right but I don't know where to get other average selling prices.

While all your experiences selling them for a profit are lovely anecdotes as we all know a few anecdotes do not speak to trends.
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Old 12-13-2007, 05:16 AM   #325
Gluge
Registered Member

Quote:
"Wow your dense if you think a busa is automatically better than an EX500."

I see you are 'sticking to the facts' and 'avoiding personal attacks' again! Great stuff here!
Eh, true Though it is a valid point and I gave you an out

At least I responded to the topic with unarguable points apparently.
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Old 12-13-2007, 05:21 AM   #326
Gluge
Registered Member

Quote:
Yeah, after telling someone they should quit whining and get their fat lazy ass in shape, I can see that you are a real stickler at sticking to the questions and never resort to personal attacks.
Awww are you giving up the actual topic now? Can I say I'm sorry and see if you can come up with a response to the actual points in my posts?

OK I'm sorry I made the comment about working on so you can get on a sport bike, I did say it part in jest though. But I do now realize that like someone said in that post that no amount of working out will enable some people to ride the ZX-10.

Now pretty please can you try to counter point my actual points? I really am interested in debating them.
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Old 12-13-2007, 05:30 AM   #327
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluge View Post
Thank you for these reasons and for actualy adding something to the discussion

However this chopper shootout reviewed the steering of all three of these bikes and the star had the best. They also reviewed the build quality and materials as well as they could and it sounds like the star is right up there.
Thank you for thanking me. I'm thankful.

It was a looooong time ago in Post World time, but if you look back on my comment about the Star, it was NOT on it's quality, performance, engineering, etc. I said I thought it LOOKS atrocious, like Yamaha had a whiteboard session where they listed every possible chopper styling cliche, and then broke into individual groups to come up with their part. Which were then mashed together into a mess on wheels. I'm sure all those amalgamated styling cues are going to appeal to someone...just not me.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:30 AM   #328
Gluge
Registered Member

Quote:
1st - That was a post on another thread that your bringing up here... that's not sticking to the questions either and going pretty far out of the way to dig up stuff. When I said that there were no real questions or topics I was replying to hence I was not resorting to anything it was my first post in that thread.

2nd - What I said was not a personal attack if you noticed it was not directed at any one person.
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Old 12-13-2007, 05:33 AM   #329
Gluge
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Thank you for thanking me. I'm thankful.

It was a looooong time ago in Post World time, but if you look back on my comment about the Star, it was NOT on it's quality, performance, engineering, etc. I said I thought it LOOKS atrocious, like Yamaha had a whiteboard session where they listed every possible chopper styling cliche, and then broke into individual groups to come up with their part. Which were then mashed together into a mess on wheels. I'm sure all those amalgamated styling cues are going to appeal to someone...just not me.
Makes sense. I know people buy on looks and the general opinion seems to be harleys usually have the looks going for them over the other bikes. I just wonder though for $8k more? Seems like a lot of extra money just to pay for better looks. Maybe.

Out of curiosity if you can imagine your in the market for one of these two bikes.. would you pay the extra $8k because of the looks?

I promise I won't give you a hard time either way, just curious
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Old 12-13-2007, 05:36 AM   #330
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
The point I am making is that Harley-the-whipping-boy has to start doing some engineering. Losing every test (at ever increasing gap) to the competition
- cruiz-euro

Would you PLEASE explain to me why you think a wildly successful company like Harley should go out and change what has been working so well for them because of some damn test?