Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-30-2007, 06:49 AM   #21
giganto
Registered Member

Default harley looks best tho...

Happy that Yammy Co makes that motor and wins the grunt contest easily...wish to hell they would do the same in the Silly Open Class Sportbike Needless Oodles of Power Realm, pant, drool, wheez, pant.
Nice article, read it all, even watched some video to figure out what in the hallowed heck the Raider looks like, since ad photos make it look awful.
giganto is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2007, 08:56 AM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

They are all nice enough bikes if you are into cruisers. The HD and Yamaha are actually better buys than the Victory if you buy new. This is because the Yamaha is much cheaper. The HD is expensive as usual, but when you factor in the resale values the HD won't depreciate as ruinously as the Yamaha or the Victory. This makes the Victory the worst of both worlds... high cost & ruinous depreciation.

That's too bad because I like the Victories a lot and they are on the top of the list of motorcycles I will likely never buy. Their quality is much better than HDs IMHO. Too bad they don't hold value.

So, if I finally give in to my wife's preferences and go for a big twin it'll likely be a used Victory. You can get 'em cheap with low miles and they aren't Japanese... critical for owning a REAL cruiser.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:27 AM   #23
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Aren't you the one the beats the drum of "you don't buy a bike for an investment"? Which means you shouldn't worry about resale when buying a bike. Or you just buy used and not worry about that and buy the bike and half the price.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:44 AM   #24
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Wow, the multi-media content for this article is outstanding! Fonzie, very nice job with the photos, video, etc. It really adds a lot to the story!
Old 11-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #25
pplassm
Founding Member

HOLY COW! A CR500 chopper! Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomk2 View Post
I went to this a couple weekends ago... real choppers, not bland mass produced ****

Dirtbag Challenge
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:37 PM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Sorry, dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Aren't you the one the beats the drum of "you don't buy a bike for an investment"? Which means you shouldn't worry about resale when buying a bike. Or you just buy used and not worry about that and buy the bike and half the price.
...doesn't follow. Just because a vehicle isn't an investment doesn't mean you shouldn't use careful spending habits. I buy bikes because I love them. I try to consider future value because I want to have enough $ to buy more... and more... speaking of which I only have 5 now. Now that my daughter's gradyated I'll probably be looking for an addition around January when the prices are rock bottom. It'd be nice to have a new scoot for our tour to Valley of the Gods this spring.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #27
giganto
Registered Member

Default scores of bikes..

..all i need is 7 motos.
All i want is twelve.
I would love to buy a used V, but as u stated, resale to continue This Habit plays a part.
Until i win El Gordo.
Or dancing with the Star(s).
giganto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:13 AM   #28
anrajala
Founding Member

Default This is what I have been boring everybody silly about

All these years I have been complaining about the lame-azz power of the HD. Everybody is like what gibberish is that idiot talking about again. Now its right there, first page: the dyno chart. Raider has 42% more torq. More torq at the idle than HD at any revs. Craploads more. End of story. Read no more.

Why it is that HD ignores the substance? What kind of MBA’s are running the company for chrissakes. Sure there are lots of brand-revering idiots out there who wouldn’t recognize a dyno chart even if it bit their leg - but still. 61 RWHP?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:43 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
All these years I have been complaining about the lame-azz power of the HD. Everybody is like what gibberish is that idiot talking about again. Now its right there, first page: the dyno chart. Raider has 42% more torq. More torq at the idle than HD at any revs. Craploads more. End of story. Read no more.

Why it is that HD ignores the substance? What kind of MBA’s are running the company for chrissakes. Sure there are lots of brand-revering idiots out there who wouldn’t recognize a dyno chart even if it bit their leg - but still. 61 RWHP?

- cruiz-euro
The kind of MBA's who are making killer profits. That's what businesses are for. They sell to their particular public.

What's this constant whining about HP? Not everybody cares that much. Different people have different needs and desires. It's called a difference of opinion. Neither one is right, just different.

Chill.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:16 AM   #30
opie
Founding Member

Default What was the RPM at 65 mph figure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//shoot-outs/mainstream-chopper-shootout-69801.html">Mainstream Choppers Shootout</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Mainstream Choppers Shootout in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Since the Raider has a 5 speed tranny and the others a 6, I was expecting you to tell us RPM at highway cruising speeds. Did I just miss it? Or does anyone know? Thanks.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote