Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-12-2007, 02:40 PM   #281
wallace666
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Actually no, I haven't ridden either bikes because I don't care for them, neither did I claim they were substandard in anyway as you claim the Harley is. My comments are based on personal preference only and experiance gained from over 40 years of street and dirt riding and owning over 2 dozen motorcycles.

To me "metric" cruisers are imitation, I would rather have the real thing. Simple as that, that goes for Mayonaise, eggs, bacon, pop, whatever you wish to name. Purchases are based on personal desire and I personally don't desire to be riding whats obviously an imitation. Since you seem to have nothing better to do with your time than attempt to create friction between yourself and total strangers on the internet I'll leave you to it. However I suggest you buy and learn to ride one of these Yammi's as soon as possible, peel the decals and badges off and put a really loud pipe on it, it fits you, really.

I've already ridden the Yamahas, Raider and Roadliner, excellent machines. They are new standard for all cruisers.

So as we are all talking hp, brakes, performance and all that, you nay say with no actual experience on the machines we are talking about. Glad to see you admit it. We're talking facts, your talking non-factual opinion.

You can say whatever you want, I'm trying to talk bikes in a factual manner. In this thread and the Raider thread the same old guys started the phony wannabe shyt, not me. I do however respond to it. And as usual, you try to brand me a trouble maker and blah blah blah. You get what you give anywhere in life, even on the internet amongst strangers. A couple of you are real crybabies when others don't lie down and listen to the drivel. But then again, that's what forums are for, interaction between strangers and differing opinions. Maybe you click guys oughta start your own yahoo group, the six or so of you can sit around and tell each other how great/smart you are and how wonderful 61hp is..............la tee da
wallace666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2007, 02:41 PM   #282
saddlebag
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace666 View Post
If you think skidding is stopping a bike properly oh well...
Prezactly!
saddlebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #283
Fenton
Founding Member

Quote:
I've already ridden the Yamahas, Raider and Roadliner, excellent machines. They are new standard for all cruisers.

We're talking facts,
Since "we're talking facts" the "new standard for all cruisers" will be the one that sell 300,000+ per year. That is THE fact. And before you assume anything, I don't own a harley. I am also the first to laugh at anybody with a leather vest and a bluetooth.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #284
wallace666
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
Since "we're talking facts" the "new standard for all cruisers" will be the one that sell 300,000+ per year. That is THE fact. And before you assume anything, I don't own a harley. I am also the first to laugh at anybody with a leather vest and a bluetooth.
WTF, I didn't stutter or speak in code!! In the hp, brakes and handling game, on technical prowess, the Star brand is the new standard. Ride one, I'd bet you'll agree. They have the latest and greatest tech and riding experience(you know, actually riding a bike, not posing). Looks and style are subjective, a matter of opinion. Sales? Can't fault you there, but sales don't make a bike any better to ride or any more competent mechanically. Sales are not what I'm talking about.

All's I see here is blind resistance. I think some may be scared to ride one and actually find out that these bikes are truly excellent machines. To some they even look good.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #285
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

I think the riding experience is subjective too. I don't like the feel of cruisers (any of 'em) so I don't ride them. I don't like the feel of bikes with fairings so I don't ride them. My feelings are, most assuredly, subjective. It would be the same with people's sense of how a Yamaha cruiser rides, or a Kawasaki cruiser rides, or a Harley, or whatever else. All subjective. It makes perfect sense to me that a bike might have objective numbers that are better than other bikes, but is less enjoyable to ride, so much so that people don't buy it.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #286
Fenton
Founding Member

Quote:
WTF, I didn't stutter or speak in code!!

Neither did I. Hp, handling, braking...etc won't make one bit of difference. HD does cruisers better than any one. It is going to stay that way too.

There is also nothing "blind" about my opinion. I think the roadliner is a superior package. Unless that's what you meant by "blind."
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #287
wallace666
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
There are no decals or badges. That's how proud of it they are. You forgot to tell him to get one of those Star vests and act like a tough guy too!
Yea imagine that, clean styling without needing to have every inch of the machine covered in the brand name, not to mention every inch of the rider, his ol lady, his children, his truck, car, house and workplace plastered with a motorcycle logo. Just a bike clean and simple, what was Yami thinking!!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #288
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluge View Post
You guys are ridiculous. You realize Harley didn't invent the air cooled V-twin motorcycle right? so really they're imitating someone else too. You also realize everyone imitates everyone in all markets. Do you try and buy a TV from the company that invented it? do you try and buy a telephone from the first company to make those? If your buying an SUV do you buy from the company that invented SUV's ?

No of course not, you try and buy the best one for the money. That's how TV's get better, how competition drives products to improve and drives prices down. That's what this yamaha does. If both these bikes were made by harley and looked the same no one would buy the $20k one.

So basically you guys all buy it for the name right? excuse me here... but that just seems a bit retarded to me.
Show me the bike that Harley is imitating. Show me just one. Any one. Please save the 'Harley didn't invent the V-Twin' bullshyt. Anyone with two eyes and half a brain can see what the 'Star' motorcycle company represents. I buy an original because it's the real thing, just like my Gibson SG and my Fender Strat. Neither company invented the guitar, but there are about 10 companies that copy everything they do. The Yamaha is an impersonation of the original, just like going to a concert that covers Led Zepplin. They, like Harley did it first, and no matter what someone wants to 'improve' the original can't be beat. What seems retarded is the guy that supposedly hates people that dress up like bad asses and then buys a bike that pretends to be a Harley. Same thing. Oh, and the SUV and TV thing? I leave that for dorks like you to argue over. Again, post a picture of the bike that Harley is imitating.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #289
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Yea imagine that, clean styling without needing to have every inch of the machine covered in the brand name, not to mention every inch of the rider, his ol lady, his children, his truck, car, house and workplace plastered with a motorcycle logo. Just a bike clean and simple, what was Yami thinking!!
They were thinking you would hope your friends thought is was a Harley!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:54 PM   #290
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Here's what speaks volumes to me. I own 3 Harleys, and you own zero YamaStars! Or is it Starmahas? I can never get that straight!