Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Mainstream Choppers Shootout (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6803-mainstream-choppers-shootout.html)

saddlebag 12-06-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 174624)
Hatefull and predjudicial manner? man you threw that one in from left field... As it happens I've owned more Japanese bikes than anything else and own a Suzuki as we speak and enjoy riding the wheels off it, I've got nothing against Asians or Asian bikes. I do find their copying of Harley rather distasteful only because they're trying to emulate a heritage they don't have. IMO they have their own history, why not build a replica Z1

Because that is a copy of a CB750 as are all inlines. By your logic shouldn't we find anyone building an inline 4 distasteful?

But then I can't be too found of my previous Hondas either, my CX500 was a copy of a Moto Guzzi and my Gold Wing a copy of a Porsche. Not sure who made the first single, but my XL350 would have surely been a distasteful clone of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 174624)
However I don't go out of my way to denigrate them as Jap-crap or Rice Rockets or question why anyone would possibly want one like you seem to enjoy doing with Harley, though didn't you claim to have ridden them for 27 years?, I know from my own experiance the Japanese build some excellent products, as do the germans and the Brits, even the Spaniards.. I've never owned an Italian bike so I can't speak from experiance

I've owned two Ducatis and they were my favorites ever. With inflation becoming so ridiculous (real inflation, not BS gubament numbers) I can't bring myself to overpay for service any longer. Especially when that little Warrior requires little more than oil, gas, and tires.

anrajala 12-07-2007 04:29 AM

I have never heard cruiser guy saying “Guys guys what do you think you are doing? You don’t need more power or torque”.

I don’t get this Hayabusa comparison you are going on about either. I am a cruiser guy and talking about Hayabusa is like talking about astrology. Like as relevant. But then, put that engine on a cruiser and we’ll be talking.

- cruiz-euro

longride 12-07-2007 05:59 AM

There are no 'cruiser guys' It's all in your mind.

anrajala 12-08-2007 02:05 PM

I am a cruiser guy

- cruiz-euro

anrajala 12-08-2007 03:10 PM

>Tell me, is this your turf, do you own the place??

Take it easy Wallace. Longride is "super moderator" which means he is like a Wall-Mart greeter. Trying to make customers feel comfortable. OK so he sucks at it appallingly, but hey the man is trying his best.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala 12-08-2007 03:16 PM

>racist and derogatory rhetoric like "Jap bike"

Is "jap" racist and derogatory? I thought "yellow **** troatcutting scumbags **** motherfuggers *****s" would be racist and derogatory. Did I mention ass-bandits?

- cruiz-euro

longride 12-08-2007 03:52 PM

I'm not here to make you happy. That was your momma's job. Sometimes in life you don't get what you want, you get what you deserve.

silentgrayfellow 12-08-2007 10:29 PM

lol, these threads are much more entertaining when the haterade is flowin'

longride 12-09-2007 05:21 AM

What is so astonishing, is that these guys act so suprised when the crap they sling hits em right back in the face. Then they cry about how they are so mistreated by the mean old moderators here. If it goes around it usually comes around.

seruzawa 12-09-2007 07:16 AM

C'mon dude.

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 174804)
What is so astonishing, is that these guys act so suprised when the crap they sling hits em right back in the face. Then they cry about how they are so mistreated by the mean old moderators here. If it goes around it usually comes around.

You should know by now that certain things are self-evident divine truths: Cruiser riders are posers, everyone should ride race replicas and if they can't it's because they aren't physically fit, everyone only cares about having more power, it's impossible to have fun with less than 100hp, when HD or Buell issue a recall it's because the bikes are crap, when the Japanese or Germans issue a recall it's because they care about the customers, serious issues on Japanese or German bikes don't even have to be acknowledged and anyone who points them out is a hater, HD is the only evil greedy bike corporation in history.

The real funny thing is that after all these years people show up and reveal the same-o same-o as if it's a recent revelation and they just thought of it.

But still, they are all entitled to their opinions and you just pick on them because you are a meanie. You need a dose of fairy dust so you can have a perpetual smile.