Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Mainstream Choppers Shootout (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6803-mainstream-choppers-shootout.html)

longride 12-06-2007 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallace666 (Post 174618)
Harley Haters??? Wow, that sounds very familiar! So if were not with you were against you?? That's a desperation statement used by a certain type of people nowadays, someone in their last throws, a dead ender of sorts. HEHEH!

Alls I served back to you, and got the desired results, was exactly what you've put out in reference to Asian bikes. Now you cry foul and insinuate hate. Nothing could be farther from the truth in reference to me, I like all bikes, and have damn near owned all bikes. Still have a few to go though. :) If you don't like taking sh*t, don't serve it up yourself in a "hateful", prejudicial and racist manner. Hahaha!! How you like that, see it can be spun to the 10's, now I'm accusing you of prejudice and racism............Amusing.

Next you'll tell that Harleys do have the horsepower, your looking for it, you've been told by a reliable source that it has it, you just can't find it yet. Maybe somebody moved it to another bike, maybe the evil Stars have it. In this case you'd be right! :)

Actually, the one that started to sling shyt, and continues to do so, is you. I also stated that NONE of these bikes appeal to me, and that even includes the Harley. Suddenly you came on the scene with all your insults. Nobody disagreed with your assessment that Harley has less power and is priced higher, in fact I told you that had ALWAYS BEEN THE CASE, even 27 years ago when you supposedly started riding them. I'm getting the distinct impression that you never rode anything, or you are very insecure about yourself to keep slinging shyt over and over. Nobody is even arguing with you, yet you seem to want to argue anyway. Nobody cares what you buy, or what you think. I certainly don't. I respect plenty of people's opinions here that are proven riders and intellegent people, but you aren't one of them. I've even ridden with some of the guys here and know them personally. If you really did ride Harleys all this time and act like you do now, you are the prototypical Harley a$$hole that everyone likes to paint everyone that rides one. Maybe its all just a put-on, but your "I hate Harleys and everyone that rides or buys them is an idiot" theme is getting really old. I get it. I ride a Harley. I'm an idiot. I don't care. How about bumping the jukebox and coming up with a different tune?

seruzawa 12-06-2007 09:02 AM

Dang.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 174627)
Actually, the one that started to sling shyt, and continues to do so, is you. I also stated that NONE of these bikes appeal to me, and that even includes the Harley. Suddenly you came on the scene with all your insults. Nobody disagreed with your assessment that Harley has less power and is priced higher, in fact I told you that had ALWAYS BEEN THE CASE, even 27 years ago when you supposedly started riding them. I'm getting the distinct impression that you never rode anything, or you are very insecure about yourself to keep slinging shyt over and over. Nobody is even arguing with you, yet you seem to want to argue anyway. Nobody cares what you buy, or what you think. I certainly don't. I respect plenty of people's opinions here that are proven riders and intellegent people, but you aren't one of them. I've even ridden with some of the guys here and know them personally. If you really did ride Harleys all this time and act like you do now, you are the prototypical Harley a$$hole that everyone likes to paint everyone that rides one. Maybe its all just a put-on, but your "I hate Harleys and everyone that rides or buys them is an idiot" theme is getting really old. I get it. I ride a Harley. I'm an idiot. I don't care. How about bumping the jukebox and coming up with a different tune?

And Sister Sachi thinks I'M bad. How do you get away with it?

wallace666 12-06-2007 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 174621)
Me too! No shyt!

Wow, you guys want your ol' bro and pal Wallace to score you some bro deals, eh?? Even though I'm a lier, a Harley Hater, a Jap Crap Lover and sooo much more!! Couple of damn prostitutes you are. heheh In the $5 grand range you get Shovels. In the $6500 to $8k you get Dynas. Strangely enough, the popular Fat Boys can be found in the $7 to $7,500 range. Wide Glide Softails, of course depending on year are in the $6500 to $7500 range. In between those are the dreamer sellers, selling stock units, with chrome accessory catalog bolted on making the bike a "one of a kind HD" for 2 to three time the above prices. Basically all that means is the guy owes a ton for pay off on the loan. These are also usually the guys that have put 3000 miles on a bike in 5 years.

The prices for you guys though wouldn't come out that well, if I remember correctly your on the opposite coast? With my $1000 portion added, then the $250 to take it to the shipper and to prep the bike, then the $500 for you to ship it, the deal doesn't look as good as it used to. And I do have to charge the thou, cause your such good bros. :)

seruzawa 12-06-2007 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallace666 (Post 174629)
Wow, you guys want your ol' bro and pal Wallace to score you some bro deals, eh?? Even though I'm a lier, a Harley Hater, a Jap Crap Lover and sooo much more!! Couple of damn prostitutes you are. heheh In the $5 grand range you get Shovels. In the $6500 to $8k you get Dynas. Strangely enough, the popular Fat Boys can be found in the $7 to $7,500 range. Wide Glide Softails, of course depending on year are in the $6500 to $7500 range. In between those are the dreamer sellers, selling stock units, with chrome accessory catalog bolted on making the bike a "one of a kind HD" for 2 to three time the above prices. Basically all that means is the guy owes a ton for pay off on the loan. These are also usually the guys that have put 3000 miles on a bike in 5 years.

The prices for you guys though wouldn't come out that well, if I remember correctly your on the opposite coast? With my $1000 portion added, then the $250 to take it to the shipper and to prep the bike, then the $500 for you to ship it, the deal doesn't look as good as it used to. And I do have to charge the thou, cause your such good bros. :)

Never called you any names dude. Got a link to the local classifieds?

longride 12-06-2007 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 174628)
And Sister Sachi thinks I'M bad. How do you get away with it?

It's cause she digs me man! :-D

anrajala 12-06-2007 09:29 AM

>some of the poster in this thread have gone out of their way to put HD down

I am not trying to put Harley down. I understand that for some people the brand is everything, substance is nothing. For this kind of a person I recommend a Rocker if he is comfortable with the inconvenient truth.

Its appalling value. It offers 42-42 proposition i.e. its 42% more exepensive compared to the competitor, which in turn has 42% more torq (at 500 rpm lower revs). Its got much worse engine, tranny, handling and brakes. Its got 61 rwhp. Its a comparo loser. These are not opinions, these are facts. If you still want it, get it.

And quite opposite of putting Harley down, I am putting Harley up. I am slagging it for not having enough grunt until it gets some. Or do you think no-one at the Coroporation is following what is said about their products? They do. And they report back that the swiveling mud guard didn’t do the trick, the smarter ones are slowly starting to notice the dyno chart is a joke.

- cruiz-euro

Gluge 12-06-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 174624)
I do find their copying of Harley rather distasteful only because they're trying to emulate a heritage they don't have. IMO they have their own history, why not build a replica Z1 or CBX? a GS1150ES or an XS650? How about modern version of an SL350? they'd sell like hotcakes and be an honest homage` to their own history instead of trying to spin off a certain era in American history. The whole notion of metric cruisers is ridicules to me.

Everyone copies everyone... Once upon a time when harley was trying to keep up with the bike advances in the 50-60s they were copying some too. Sure harley pretty much invented the retro / vintage cruiser look by holding on to their styling long enough and marketing it just right such that it's now a whole segment of bike types. But just because they were the first to convince people this was cool and a type of bike worth getting it seems unfair not to let other manufactures try and meet the demand as well. To disregard them as mere copies simply because they're newer to this bike segment does seem prejudicial. Especially when the newer to the scene 'copies' are better and cheaper, according to the review, obviously not counting looks which are mostly preference.

In the sportbike realm a better cheaper 'copy' that just came along out of the blue would be gobbled up and they wouldn't call it a copy they'd call it progress :)

I know they're different world though... the cruiser world just seems a bit silly to me, metric or harley. (I do like the retro look though and tried out a few of those retro ducati 1000's)

Gluge 12-06-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anrajala (Post 174625)
$500 Yamie? Big deal I've seen 100 EUR Rebel. High end Harleys: Kelly's blue book trade-in value for my 2002 Fat boy is $9810 so the drop is some $7000 - 8000 (depending on what kind of deal you had). So, in percentage terms the Japanese drop more, but then you end up losing the same dough with a Harley.

In fact, the cheaper you get the less you lose. If you bought a new Rebel and years later swopped it for a good bonk in a Baltic sea cruise toilet, it would have dropped in value much less than a Fat Boy.

- cruiz-euro

There are some Japanese sport bikes that don't drop much either, EX500's and Ninja 250's They drop quite a bit % wise but only $3k or so over 10 years dollar wise, probably because they never really change them and they're so cheap anyway. (Just helping your cheaper bike losses less money thing)

longride 12-06-2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anrajala (Post 174625)
$500 Yamie? Big deal I've seen 100 EUR Rebel. High end Harleys: Kelly's blue book trade-in value for my 2002 Fat boy is $9810 so the drop is some $7000 - 8000 (depending on what kind of deal you had). So, in percentage terms the Japanese drop more, but then you end up losing the same dough with a Harley.

In fact, the cheaper you get the less you lose. If you bought a new Rebel and years later swopped it for a good bonk in a Baltic sea cruise toilet, it would have dropped in value much less than a Fat Boy.

- cruiz-euro

So I guess from what you just said above is that you are an idiot for buying a FatBoy. Certainly, if you were ever stupid enough to trade it in, it would confirm that observation 100% Forget all that. You really don't own a FatBoy anyway right? Don't give up. Maybe you can afford one one day and then post up some ride stories or modifications you did to it, or post up a picture of you standing next to it on a mountain road. Until then, I guess you can just envy the guys that actually ride one.

wallace666 12-06-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 174627)
Actually, the one that started to sling shyt, and continues to do so, is you. I also stated that NONE of these bikes appeal to me, and that even includes the Harley. Suddenly you came on the scene with all your insults. Nobody disagreed with your assessment that Harley has less power and is priced higher, in fact I told you that had ALWAYS BEEN THE CASE, even 27 years ago when you supposedly started riding them. I'm getting the distinct impression that you never rode anything, or you are very insecure about yourself to keep slinging shyt over and over. Nobody is even arguing with you, yet you seem to want to argue anyway. Nobody cares what you buy, or what you think. I certainly don't. I respect plenty of people's opinions here that are proven riders and intellegent people, but you aren't one of them. I've even ridden with some of the guys here and know them personally. If you really did ride Harleys all this time and act like you do now, you are the prototypical Harley a$$hole that everyone likes to paint everyone that rides one. Maybe its all just a put-on, but your "I hate Harleys and everyone that rides or buys them is an idiot" theme is getting really old. I get it. I ride a Harley. I'm an idiot. I don't care. How about bumping the jukebox and coming up with a different tune?

Go back and look at where I came into this thread. I posted an actual ride report, seat time on both the Raider and Roadliner. Honestly posted the good, and what I felt was bad about the Raider and it's fat tire handling. You, as usual posted a smart a** reply, then it began.

Well geez, I really hate to be a ****, but a couple of you bring that out in me with your constant bashing of bikes you haven't ridden. For some reason, if I bash your favorites, it's all of a sudden a crime. That's some two way ethics and standards fellas, it's funny to watch you guys cry about it though.

Basically I posted ride reports, so far no one asked me any question, technical based or any other about any actual bike. Pretty shallow list dominated by a few shallow people. Still fun though, nice for a visit once in awhile.

I'll say it again, I like all bikes, I just played the devil's advocate to offset the anti-Jap bike rhetoric.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:18 AM.