Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Mainstream Choppers Shootout (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6803-mainstream-choppers-shootout.html)

Buzglyd 12-05-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saddlebag (Post 174570)
Or maybe you need to get off the Harley's and try a modern Jap cruiser.

UnCut Video - Now Playing "carvin"

90% of that video was of you going straight. It's easy to set up a big bike for one, 90 degree corner.

Constant curves on a mountain road is a whole different story.

Gluge 12-05-2007 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anrajala (Post 174569)
Interesting thing is that not one so far, not even the most pathetic corporate lackey on the thread, has suggested to pay 20k for the Rocker. I think, to wrap up this sorry saga, we need to get the hands up.
¨
So who would put 20k of their own money for this 61 rwhp test loser without feeling they’ve been reamed up the buttonhole like t-o-t-a-l-l-y?

- cruiz-euro

I can't imagine myself ever buying any of these bikes.

however somewhat related - I did spend $5400 recently on a 1997 sport bike that only makes 60 rwhpr... sounds like I got ripped off but I like to think of it as a deal :)

The_AirHawk 12-05-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anrajala (Post 174569)
Interesting thing is that not one so far, not even the most pathetic corporate lackey on the thread, has suggested to pay 20k for the Rocker. I think, to wrap up this sorry saga, we need to get the hands up.
¨
So who would put 20k of their own money for this 61 rwhp test loser without feeling they’ve been reamed up the buttonhole like t-o-t-a-l-l-y?

- cruiz-euro

Sorry, wouldn't buy any of the three. If you gave me one, I'd probably sell it and buy myself a Motorcycle.

longride 12-05-2007 04:56 PM

Yeah, buy that 20G Harley and you THINK you just got reamed in the butt. When you go try to sell your Yamastar, you KNOW you just got reamed, BUTT GOOD.

wallace666 12-05-2007 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 174577)
Yeah, buy that 20G Harley and you THINK you just got reamed in the butt. When you go try to sell your Yamastar, you KNOW you just got reamed, BUTT GOOD.

Yea, so let's buy a gutless bike with ****ty brakes because the resale is higher?? Uh, yea, that's why I buy a bike!! Hahaha! But those $20k bikes sell for $13k a few years later, that's a $7k loss, plus all the extras bolted on. Or buy a $14k Star, it sells for a few years later for $8k+. There's a $6k loss. Either way your gonna lose a lot of value. Any new bike purchase is a loser unless you keep it for a decade, then the Harley should come out ahead. Mid range old HD's now can be had for $5000-$7000 out here. Seems like there's no advantage or disadvantage overall anymore. Pick the better bike, or the bike that makes your boat float. But don't buy any bike because of resale value, unless your a resaler.

sarnali2 12-05-2007 09:18 PM

Now you're talking out both sides of your mouth "pick the better bike or the bike that makes your boat float"..suppose that happens to be the Harley? can I still pick that one or can I only pick what you and your inexperianced pal have decided are best?

To be honest I don't really care for any of these bikes but suppose I did? suppose the HD was the one that floated my boat and I felt $20k was cheap for such a cool bike, can I still chose it or does my choice have to be one you Harley Haters approve of.

saddlebag 12-06-2007 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 174571)
90% of that video was of you going straight.

Yeah, I had intended to get quite a bit more footage, but the tank bag I had the camera in obstructed my view of the speedo and more importantly the fuel idiot light. Consequently, shortly after the filming ended I required a tow back into town. God bless AMA Mowtow.

I hope the Raider got a fuel gage. I noticed it did get a hydraulic clutch. I hate the cable actuated crap. Already had one pop with only 3k miles on the Warrior out in the middle of nowhere. Have I asked God to bless AMA Mowtow yet?

Quote:

It's easy to set up a big bike for one, 90 degree corner.

Actually, I haven't touched the suspension yet. Not even sure if it has suspension adjustments now that you mention it.

Quote:

Constant curves on a mountain road is a whole different story.

Like any heavy bike, it's more tiring to make it change directions frequently, but if you've got the stamina it's got the ability. It does lack somewhat in lean angle and I have broken the back seat latch shifting my ass around on it like a sportbike, but there is no question that it can be ridden far harder than most riders would ever push it.*

*Based on decades of observing thousands of motorcyclists.

saddlebag 12-06-2007 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallace666 (Post 174580)
Yea, so let's buy a gutless bike with ****ty brakes because the resale is higher??

And if E-bay is any indication, those owners may be stuck with their machines too. Anytime I've done a "completed listings" check on Harleys, I'd say about 98% of them go unsold. Usually, an 883 going for $5k finds a winning bidder though.

saddlebag 12-06-2007 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 174581)
Now you're talking out both sides of your mouth "pick the better bike or the bike that makes your boat float"..suppose that happens to be the Harley? can I still pick that one or can I only pick what you and your inexperianced pal have decided are best?

To be honest I don't really care for any of these bikes but suppose I did? suppose the HD was the one that floated my boat and I felt $20k was cheap for such a cool bike, can I still chose it or does my choice have to be one you Harley Haters approve of.

Seems like you want to make it a good vs evil issue. Why must one "hate" Harleys simply because they find another brand a better value for their dollar?

pplassm 12-06-2007 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saddlebag (Post 174583)
And if E-bay is any indication, those owners may be stuck with their machines too. Anytime I've done a "completed listings" check on Harleys, I'd say about 98% of them go unsold. Usually, an 883 going for $5k finds a winning bidder though.

$5k? I see them for a lot lower than that.