Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-04-2007, 05:02 AM   #111
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

" longride has a picture of a Knuck, but told me on the Raider thread he rode a Shovel and just liked the Knuck pic. Today he says he rides a Knuck. "

Maybe you can't remember your own lies, but I NEVER told you I didn't own a Knuck. I own a Shovel too. Since Buzglyd was just at my house not too long ago and took a ride on the Knuck, why don't you ask him if I really have one? I think your brain is fried from sniffing too much exhaust in the garage or something.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2007, 05:04 AM   #112
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Is this all you have left? Boo Hoo, and Ha Ha, and You Suck? Man you are starting to sound like a 5th grader. I think you need to get a grip.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:06 AM   #113
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Yeah, HD could put a nice paint job and some chrome covers on a turd and the sheeple would line up to over-pay for it.
And The Japs would copy that turd and idiots like you would still buy it.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:16 AM   #114
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
As I said, if you think the Yamastar or whatever other bike is the best value for the money, by all means buy one. Constantly bashing Harleys in this article proves what exactly? no one said HD were the better bike, from the criteria presented in this article the Star-maha is. Well that's grand isn't it? you should go buy one and ride the wheels off it..

As far as what I ride, well I've mentioned a Dyna a few hundred times on here and I have a picture of one from a snow ride a few years ago.....do you need any more clues? I also have a 1200S Bandit, I have owned around 25 bikes in nearly 40 years and over a million miles riding and yes the internet is all talk and if you don't believe me, well that's up to you.

I can't help thinking you just want to start sh*t on here with your comments, probably what you should do is buy a shiney new Star Motorcycle and learn how to ride it, then go put some miles on before you come back with your opinions..that or sit there and continue trying to look like you know what you're talking about, fine with me either way.

Can I cut in here?? Ha Ha, Boo Hoo, and You Suck. How's that Wally? Am I getting the hang of it yet?
Old 12-04-2007, 05:21 AM   #115
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Every time I see "Kawasaki Mean Streak" I can't help but think to myself: "Y'know, if they'd just marinate that thing overnight before grilling, it wouldn't be nearly as tough.........."
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:25 AM   #116
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

70? When I only weighed 125lbs, the best I could wring out of mine was like 58! (and then it was stolen)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:38 AM   #117
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
If I had a dog that looked like him, I'd shave its ass and make it walk backwards.
Oh man, the classics are still the best. I'm dyin ova hea!
Old 12-04-2007, 05:45 AM   #118
seruzawa
The Toad

Default No...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluge View Post
I think your sort of contradicting yourself here several times.

You argue cruiser guys pretend to be outlaws and sportbikers pretend to be racers and you point out they're not racing, well cruiser people aren't being outlaws either.

I hope you don't expect to see sportbikers actualy racing on the streets anyway, I'm glad you don't. As far as posing as real racers, I assume you mean wearing rossi helmets etc. Would you say wearing NFL shirts would be posing as the athlete? I doubt many will actually think they saw Rossi.

Ironicly my Max Biaggi Aprilia RS250 actually says "RS250 Replica" on it. I guess according to your definition I am double posing because I commute every day on the bike, I've never taken it to the track, never intend to, nor do I ever intend to race it. I only ride at 70% on canyon rides so there is a bit of unused tire. I call it riding with a safe margin on a fun little bike... you call it posing? Please explain.
... it's really simple:

Cruiser guys: posing as outlaws but using their bikes as cruisers = posers x 1.

sportbike guys: posing as racers and using their bikes as cruisers as well = posers x 2. There are plenty of bikes where I live in the summer and most sportbikes are being used as cruisers. T-shirts and flip flops on State Street. Some are hanging out at a certain gas station downtown and doing short runs up and down the canyon. Pretty pathetic. That's why so many of the bikes have only 10K on them after 5 or 6 years.

Those "poser" insults travel both ways. I find the mantra of "poser" being thrown out by a group that is for the most part made up of dilettante riders a pretty funny thing. Add the fact that their stunting is triggering a spate of current anti-bike legislation across the world and you have a pretty good argument that the sportbikers are a dangerous scourge who threaten the very existence of the sport.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:08 AM   #119
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default HD vs. Japan - Briefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluge View Post
Aren't all modern motorcycles imitations of inferior older motorcycles? Isn't that called advancing?

Gluge, sit down. The Japanese are copying Harley Davidson. Perhaps you haven't been around as long as I have, if not, good for you. However, age does have the advantage of experience, so allow me to enlighten you.

In the 70's, HD was selling pretty much the same bikes they'd been building for decades. Large displacement, pushrod V-Twins. European bikes, especially British, were selling, but the numbers were comparatively small. The Japanese opened the market and began selling more modern, higher performance bikes. They were VERY different from HDs. The Honda CB750 is considered by many to the be the bike that really began to take customers away from HD, and created new ones. The import market continued to grow, and eventually put HD into dire straits, selling bikes that IN NO WAY looked, ran, sounded, or handled like HDs. It's interesting to note that HD made no effort to copy the bikes that were "eating their lunch." They just kept building big V-Twins. They did make an effort to enter the small displacement market with Aermacchi...sort of a "sideline" for the dealers.

In 1990, HD was taken over by and LBO group that included Willie G. Davidson. They asked for and got tarriff protection from Congress for large displacement import bikes. HD introduced the Evo motor, and for reasons that could fill a book, suddenly, the market for their product exploded. Sales went through the roof, people waited months or even years to get a new HD, HDs sold for well over MSRP, etc. HD went to Congress and had them remove the import tarrif several years early.

When the Japanese manufacturers saw Harley's huge sales gains, they deliberately set out to cash in on the market. They began to produce air-cooled, single pin, pushrod V-Twins. They never had before. They egineered, styled, chromed, and marketed the bikes to look, sound, and feel like HDs. And, recently, they've even gone to the extreme of creating new "Companies" to differentiate their HD look alikes from the rest of their products.

Yes, any technology is a process of evolution. The "breakthrough" technologies are few and far between. The basic automobile and and motorcycle designs and technologies haven't changed much at all since their inception over a century ago. But to say that the Japanese don't imitate Harley Davidson says to me you weren't around to see what happened over the last twenty years or so.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:15 AM   #120
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I disagree. "

Well, you can disagree all you want, but you'd be wrong every day and twice on Sunday. ANY standard or sportbike will eat your cruiser for lunch on any road you want to name with equal rider skill.