Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-03-2007, 05:30 PM   #91
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Very clever there Wally, and quite true..I don't like the YamaStar and I have no intention of buying one. The difference is I haven't spent the last few hours posting about how sloppy they are like you seem to be doing about HD. If you want to waste your money on a cookie cutter imitation of an inferior bike then have at it, tell your friends to buy one too. The more of them they sell means the less dipsh*ts on Harleys...

A win-win situation eh?

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #92
wallace666
Registered Member

Come on now, you can't leave it hanging like that, what do you ride Heir Rugged?? After all, this is the internet, you can lie like most of the guys here. **** man, longride has a picture of a Knuck, but told me on the Raider thread he rode a Shovel and just liked the Knuck pic. Today he says he rides a Knuck. So I guess, to be truthful, I'll admit I corresponding to ya'll from my mega-yacht anchored off Aruba. Yea yea, that's it, I'm off Aruba in my mega-yacht. And down in the hold I have a vast motorcycle inventory that I pick from, hoist them on deck, motor launch them to exotic shores and ride with the natives.

Whew, there's a load, anyway, what do you ride??

g
wallace666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:36 PM   #93
wallace666
Registered Member

It ain't so much a Harley sucks thread as it is a "Sh*t Talking Harley Toads" sucks thread.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:50 PM   #94
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace666 View Post
It ain't so much a Harley sucks thread as it is a "Sh*t Talking Harley Toads" sucks thread.
Yes, and you were an innocent bystander in all of this?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #95
wallace666
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Yes, and you were an innocent bystander in all of this?
Why yes, I'm pure and innocent. I just came by the site to read the shoot out article, then I wanted to post about riding the Yamahas, then gee whiz, all these bad ass Harley guys dog piled on me. It was turrible I tell ya, like totally scary dude!!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #96
Gluge
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
You know the one thought that keeps going through my mind as I wade through this drivel is, if you don't want a Harley, don't buy one...I was at the IMS in Seattle yesterday and took a look at the Yamaha out of morbid curiosity. Personaly I though it looked .........I can't think of a word...."incomplete" maybe...

However if that floats your boat then buy two in case one wears out, sh*t I don't care. Whats the point of moaning and groaning about a bike you have no intention of buying, if my Dyna got stolen tonight, I'd be looking at another one tomorrow. I don't give a tinkers dam* if the YamaStar is "better" to me it looks like the dogs breakfast and I wouldn't own one, if you don't like Harleys don't buy one. How hard is that?
Hey Sarnali... guess what this is a review! the whole point of it is to compare bikes to help people decide what they want to buy. It's obviously not intended for people who are going to buy a HD no mater what.

Everyone can look at the bikes and come to their own decision on how much they like them based on looks. The review is to tell you how the bikes compare in ways you can see easily for yourself.

I'm sure a large number of people will buy this type of bike purely on looks (I guess your one of them?) Reviews like this obviously aren't for people who will buy purely on looks.

Personally I find there's more enjoyment to be had riding a bike than looking at it and since I intend to do more riding than looking the riding bits are what interest me.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:18 PM   #97
Gluge
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Very clever there Wally, and quite true..I don't like the YamaStar and I have no intention of buying one. The difference is I haven't spent the last few hours posting about how sloppy they are like you seem to be doing about HD. If you want to waste your money on a cookie cutter imitation of an inferior bike then have at it, tell your friends to buy one too. The more of them they sell means the less dipsh*ts on Harleys...

A win-win situation eh?

Aren't all modern motorcycles imitations of inferior older motorcycles? Isn't that called advancing?

Aren't all mass produced motorcycles cookie cutter? Since HD's sell more than stars couldn't you say HD's fit into the cookie cutter category even better?

At the end of the day some people will buy a bike because of it's name and how it looks, reviews aren't for those people. Other people will buy a bike because of how it rides. Why? because some people just want to look at their bike and some just want to ride it.

Maybe once you ride your bike more than you look at it priorities will change.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:23 PM   #98
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Makes me wonder how those Vincent Black Shadow (one of my dream bikes) owners went anywhere! Or the old Triumphs... Hm, i wonder how anyone got anywhere before 100hp?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:02 PM   #99
wallace666
Registered Member

Hey Bud, they got around by bouncing down the road feeling every pebble in there spine, they left a trail of oil, and if the bike had any miles on it they were lucky to make it all in one go. I've got a 1957 Jeep FC150 truck with a F134 engine(70hp), 7 to 1 compression and 5.34 gears. Do I want to take that on a 500-1000 mile trip or take the leathered out 1 year old SUV out front? Yea, I'll get there in the Jeep but it ain't gonna be fun. If you think more horsepower and torque is not a good thing, what ever you ride, pull one plug wire off and go ride for a couple hours. You'll get a clue.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #100
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Well sheesh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace666 View Post
Hey Bud, they got around by bouncing down the road feeling every pebble in there spine, they left a trail of oil, and if the bike had any miles on it they were lucky to make it all in one go. I've got a 1957 Jeep FC150 truck with a F134 engine(70hp), 7 to 1 compression and 5.34 gears. Do I want to take that on a 500-1000 mile trip or take the leathered out 1 year old SUV out front? Yea, I'll get there in the Jeep but it ain't gonna be fun. If you think more horsepower and torque is not a good thing, what ever you ride, pull one plug wire off and go ride for a couple hours. You'll get a clue.
... I guess that since I've been riding for 43 years on everything from a hardtail 1951 BSA500 single to a KawaskiZRX it ain't enough. I guess I gotta ride another 43 years before I get a clue about cruisers and stuff.

Just call me the book biker.