Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 Kawasaki ZX-14: First Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6784-2008-kawasaki-zx-14-first-ride.html)

Administrator 11-21-2007 12:29 PM

2008 Kawasaki ZX-14: First Ride

Original Article:
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14: First Ride

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Kawasaki ZX-14: First Ride in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

SRMark 11-21-2007 12:31 PM

In the spirit of Christmas they give us the silver-balls version.

longride 11-21-2007 12:45 PM

I have been checking these things out and my drivers license is starting to quiver at the thought. It barely survived the Busa experience. If I was in the market for another bike (I am), I would seriously consider this one (I will). After seeing the review, it's going to take all the willpower I have not to go buy one. I got the junkie shakes just watching Duke run those 9's!! Do I really need one of these guys??

pushrod 11-21-2007 01:04 PM

Ooooooo!

"Atomic Silver!"

WOW! I didn't know you could fog a LCD screen!

BrowningBAR 11-21-2007 01:14 PM

Yes you do. Buy one immediately.

The_AirHawk 11-21-2007 01:37 PM

Nice job, Kevin an' Crew - the added vids are an unexpected bonus.

You guys must be workin' yer fingers off..........

ccmun 11-21-2007 01:56 PM

Nice write up Kevin!! What an exciting time to be in the market for a new scoot. I am in the market for a big comfy/sporty ride and really like this thing. This bike called me down to the local Kawi Dealer and I was really impressed with the Midnight Blue version...Its awesome in person...Now if only I can get wifey to understand why my 600 should be relegated to track day sorties....

sachiwilson 11-21-2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 173779)
Do I really need one of these guys??

No. You don't. You should be looking at, say, a 250 Rebel, or perhaps an older CB 350 if you need the power.

(BBar, quit enabling the poor guy.)

sfcdjevans 11-21-2007 03:51 PM

Make it Green, I'll buy the hard bags.

seruzawa 11-21-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 173779)
I have been checking these things out and my drivers license is starting to quiver at the thought. It barely survived the Busa experience. If I was in the market for another bike (I am), I would seriously consider this one (I will). After seeing the review, it's going to take all the willpower I have not to go buy one. I got the junkie shakes just watching Duke run those 9's!! Do I really need one of these guys??

More power to ya. My license barely survives owning Bandits and Zrexs. I know I'd be spendin' a vacation at public expense if I bought one of those ZX14 gems. Awesome ride. I haven't the self-discipline to own one.