Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
More power to ya. My license barely survives owning Bandits and Zrexs. I know I'd be spendin' a vacation at public expense if I bought one of those ZX14 gems. Awesome ride. I haven't the self-discipline to own one.
There is a really sweet Bandit on Ebay I was thinking of picking up. It would probably be the safe choice, but that 14 is eating my brain away!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #12
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
There is a really sweet Bandit on Ebay I was thinking of picking up. It would probably be the safe choice, but that 14 is eating my brain away!

Well, my totally biased advice would be to buy the Bandit, I'll even sell you mine! The ZX definately looks like fun. Me and a few buds will be riding out to the IMS in Seattle next weekend and the Connie 14 is one of the bikes I'll be drooling over. Reading the latest MCN though it did pretty poorly against the FJR and ST1300 of all things...

Not that I GAF what they think.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:53 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Always remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmun View Post
Nice write up Kevin!! What an exciting time to be in the market for a new scoot. I am in the market for a big comfy/sporty ride and really like this thing. This bike called me down to the local Kawi Dealer and I was really impressed with the Midnight Blue version...Its awesome in person...Now if only I can get wifey to understand why my 600 should be relegated to track day sorties....
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

It's weird because the Connie won the Motorcyclist test and didn't do so well in other shootouts. It all depends on what criteria you use to judge em I guess. I think that new Connie would be a sweet ride, and I am seriously considering the 14. I'm going to make a go for the Bandit, because it's the smart move. If that falls through, I'm getting a black 14. It's in the cards.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Leave the Connie14...

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
It's weird because the Connie won the Motorcyclist test and didn't do so well in other shootouts. It all depends on what criteria you use to judge em I guess. I think that new Connie would be a sweet ride, and I am seriously considering the 14. I'm going to make a go for the Bandit, because it's the smart move. If that falls through, I'm getting a black 14. It's in the cards.
... to me in your will. It's what a bud would do.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:37 PM   #16
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Ignore all the bastards, they know nothing! Buy the bike.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:56 AM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'll leave you the ZX-14, if I get it. I have a feeling if you collect it, you will have to take it home in boxes, cause that's how I'll be riding it.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:46 AM   #18
FalcoSC
Founding Member

Good writeup. I've had an 06 ZX14 for a year now and 12.6k miles. I love that bike. It's a lot of fun in the twisties in the mountains and you never need to be bored. I know it's a drag racer and I don't care about that. It's great as a sportbike and can be used for touring if you don't mind the slightly agressive ergos.

I've also had a C14 for a couple of months now and love it as well (6.5k miles). It's a great and comfortable tourer and also fun in the twisties.

I'm hoping for a comparison by MO soon on the C14 vs. FJR, ST, and a comparo of ZX14 and Busa.

I've bought several bikes based on reviews and comparisons by MO in the past. MO has always been objective (as can be reasonably expected) and accurate.
FalcoSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:13 AM   #19
anrajala
Founding Member

>I'm hoping for a comparison by MO soon on the C14 vs. FJR, ST,
>and a comparo of ZX14 and Busa.

I second that. FJR has had a big impact in Europe. In Finland it was best selling bike for two years running, of all models and sizes. Group of people from my club ride to across the continent to Estoril Portugal every year, two thirds of them ride FJRs and pretty much the rest are planning to buy it.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:31 AM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The older I get the more Luddite my outlook becomes. god knows what I'll be like when I get as old as Dr. Seruzwa....

I look at bikes like the Connie, ZX14 and FJR, then I look at the average bike mechanic in Japanese dealerships and I just cringe. If I can't work on it, and I have a hard time trusting them to work on it, I guess we just better hope they're reliable.

At least most BMW mechanics are extensivly trained and you can usually find at least one good indy Harley shop in town for anything I can't handle. A blind man with a rock and a cresent wrench can work on 1 st. and 2nd gen. Bandits so I'm good there.....

At least the new ones are cool to look at...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote