Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Motorcycle Storage Warehouse

I need help. I read an article about 5 yrs ago or so about a guy in New York City- I don't know what part- that had a motorcycle storage facility. It was so successful that he actually had a 5-7yr waiting list to get in. He ran the thing as if it were a motorcycle club. Membership dues, access to a clubhouse style relaxation area, stuff like that. Do you guys know of anything similar? It has to be an enclosed structure like self storage. It, also, has to be able to hold more than 200 bikes. Give me the name and location of anything that sounds remotely clost to this- please. Thanks guys- Kirk

Last edited by acecycleins : 11-08-2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: cause
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
pushrod
Founding Member

Kirk,

You're looking for this in NYC?

I recall seeing the outfit you're talking about but I think it was on Tuesday Night (not necessarily TWT) on Speed. Some guy had converted a basement.

A quick bit of googlage turned up this: New York Motorcycle Parking
but it isn't necessarily the same business.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:37 AM   #3
chrismiles65
Registered Member

Jupiter’s Motorcycles offers storage for your motorcycles throughout the year.

To help you protect your motorcycle, Jupiter’s is offering monthly, bi-annual and annual rates ($99, $499 and $899 respectively.)

During the winter from Mid-November thru Mid-March Jupiter’s will provide you with a temperature controlled environment for your bike as well as hook your battery to a trickle charger to protect it during the cold ($400 for the season.)

For more information please go to Jupitersnyc.com or contact us at 718-788-2585
chrismiles65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:59 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Wow! 900 bucks a year.

Hey! I got some room in my shed in back!
Old 10-09-2009, 08:03 AM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Yeah, my garage is available. It's climate controlled by God (or Obama, same difference).

I'll even hook up my battery tender.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

That seems higher than what I was thinking for storage. My fee was closer to $500 and change. Individual stalls and all.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Kirk, glad to hear you're still kicking this idea around. We should talk about it offline sometime . I know there's a demand for this in S FL if the dozens of bikes I see in Pubic Snorage are any indication.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #8
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Kirk, glad to hear you're still kicking this idea around. We should talk about it offline sometime . I know there's a demand for this in S FL if the dozens of bikes I see in Pubic Snorage are any indication.
If I could get the marketing straight and get you and my daughter's step father involved (he lives in Port St Lucie) maybe we can something done. I trust you two guys enough to work the idea remotely. It will give me something to do during the fall. Start sending me links to warehouse space you think might work. I'll get Terry to do the same.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #9
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Start sending me links to warehouse space you think might work.

I was thinking an abandoned parking garage would be a nice setup; you could partition off areas for bikes with chain link. Might be warm in the summer, but you'd be able to run your bike without suffocating yourself.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #10
acecycleins
Founding Member

OK Ken,

I need you to call my cell. If you don't have it call Kim and she'll get it for you. I am on this Warehouse kick again. Here's the question to you and anyone else that uses public storage facilities in urban areas: How many bikes do you see on location?

Best I can figure I would have to store 200 plus bikes at a time to make any money. I was actually thinking of setting up the interior of the warehouse much like a horse barn. Wood stalls with iron bars and big sliding doors. You'd be able to lock them individually, but see into them. Iron horse thing I guess. Each would have a battery tender. Each would be large enough for a bike lift is the customer wanted. Each would have air access for pneumatic tools and a powerstrip. I was thinking that my "powersports consignment shop" idea may work hand in hand with this. I can broker bikes, pwc, atvs, accessories and gear for a small 10% fee.
Come on guys- give me feedback. How many bikes do you notice at your local storage place? I believe that you must set this up in cities that have at least 1/2 million plus residents. Places that are loaded with highrises and apartment complexes that have less than secure parking.