Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-07-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
V2Rider
Premium Member

Default More great press.

The Wild Ones are on the loose again.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...storyid=133467
V2Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Let me be the first to call BS. 50 motorcyclists" is probably more like 5 and he likely tried to murder one with his SUV while yakking on the cell phone and adjusting the DVD display. Of course he's going to claim to be completely innocent. They all do. The prisons of our country are entirely full innocent people. Just ask one.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

+1 If you're first then I get to be second.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #4
vermicious
Registered Member

Hahaha Holy effin' fish story Batman! Honest, officer there were like... like forty... NO... FIFTY of 'em! I fought the first 20 off with my bare hands. Then I had to start beating them back by swinging my daughter like a club!
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Hell, Sounds Like............

.........your typical Hawk Rally - once we get good'n likker'd-up. I wonder why I wasn't invited to this one? Usually, I have the honor of throwin' out the First Drunk. Unless that happens to be ME. Either way.........

The Honda HawkGT - Striking FEHR into the Hearts of Innocent Civilians since 1988.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 11-07-2007 at 06:37 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:59 PM   #6
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I think the article left out the part where the driver threatens the motorcyclists with a broom...I mean...shotgun.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
I think the article left out the part where the driver threatens the motorcyclists with a broom...I mean...shotgun.
I was waitin' for it.

Here's your reward:

LiveLeak.com - Airbag for the motorcyclist .

It's no WoongJin LooLoo Bao-1, but it'll do.......
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:48 AM   #8
fumanchu
Founding Member

Default boils my bottom

"There have been two recent attacks in the St. Louis area involving drivers who were outnumbered by motorcycle riders."

this sort of hearsay-paraded-as-fact-journalism really gets under my skin. instead of attempting to recreate the situation in question, the news channel here has sided with sensationalism.

unfortunately, a) news stations are not there to provide us with correct information - they are businesses that have to sell advertising minutes to turn a profit, b) researching the entire story costs money/time, and c) often an explanation of the real/complete story would be less sensational (read: lucrative) than simply letting the audience entertain the thought of a bloodthirsty gang of 200 motorcyclists, hellbent on naked destruction, cruising down the highway.

fact is not always stranger than fiction.

...but i suppose, "as i was yelling at my daughter in the passenger seat, i drifted into the left lane and almost ran over one of them; they all then proceeded to flip me off as they rode by" wouldn't sell very much ad time, either.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:28 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Well then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu View Post
"There have been two recent attacks in the St. Louis area involving drivers who were outnumbered by motorcycle riders."

this sort of hearsay-paraded-as-fact-journalism really gets under my skin. instead of attempting to recreate the situation in question, the news channel here has sided with sensationalism.

unfortunately, a) news stations are not there to provide us with correct information - they are businesses that have to sell advertising minutes to turn a profit, b) researching the entire story costs money/time, and c) often an explanation of the real/complete story would be less sensational (read: lucrative) than simply letting the audience entertain the thought of a bloodthirsty gang of 200 motorcyclists, hellbent on naked destruction, cruising down the highway.

fact is not always stranger than fiction.

...but i suppose, "as i was yelling at my daughter in the passenger seat, i drifted into the left lane and almost ran over one of them; they all then proceeded to flip me off as they rode by" wouldn't sell very much ad time, either.
.... prepare to be boiled constantly. The media, expecially broadcast media, do this on every story. I could tell you a half dozen instances where a situation I knew about first hand was reported on and each was exaggerated beyond belief and several were simply lied about. This is why I quit watching the news over a decade ago. Watching it is a total waste of time. You learn nothing of value. I laugh when people say, "You've got to watch it to stay informed." Yeah right. Informed by lies and distortion. Manipulated by propaganda is more like it.

Expect more and more of these lies with demands that the govt "do something". The press is the govt's running dog.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:16 AM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
.... prepare to be boiled constantly. The media, expecially broadcast media, do this on every story. I could tell you a half dozen instances where a situation I knew about first hand was reported on and each was exaggerated beyond belief and several were simply lied about. This is why I quit watching the news over a decade ago. Watching it is a total waste of time. You learn nothing of value. I laugh when people say, "You've got to watch it to stay informed." Yeah right. Informed by lies and distortion. Manipulated by propaganda is more like it.

Expect more and more of these lies with demands that the govt "do something". The press is the govt's running dog.
I'm in the land of "do something" right now. I'll run on up to Capitol Hill and bring this up. Maybe I'll bring a crying girl along for added effect.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote