Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

When I worked at HD, they sold Big Dog, Ironhorse, and Thunder Mountain choppers. Big Dog and Ironhorse were atrocious to ride. They couldn't corner without sliding as those fata$s tires came up on edge, they barely had brakes, and the hardtails were all over the road. The Thunder Mountains were rideable, but that was because they were basically a heavily customized HD Softail. My guess would be the average time of ownership of those POS machines was less than a year, 1/3 to 1/2 of which was spent with the bike in the shop. The only good thing I'd say about them is you could make some serious change selling them...the commission could be as much as 10X what you'd make selling a standard HD.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2007, 10:16 AM   #12
Auphliam
Founding Member

Like someone already eluded to, this sounds alot like whistling through the graveyard. Ultra Cycles is closing (auction to be held this weekend). The ads around western PA are full of these "choppers". You can almost read the seller's mind when you read the ads

"What? I paid $35K for this thing and it don't even have shock absorbers?"