Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2007 EICMA Show (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6722-2007-eicma-show.html)

Administrator 11-06-2007 09:15 PM

2007 EICMA Show

Original Article:
2007 EICMA Show

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2007 EICMA Show in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

X1rider 11-07-2007 03:10 AM

I would like to see larger pictures of the bikes that are posted here. Why not a feature that will allow the picture to be hot with the click of a mouse?

acecycleins 11-07-2007 05:00 AM

Yossef,
Once again, you deliver. Wish the Morinis would come here to mix it up a bit, sorry it's not. I was hoping to get a glimpse of the MV 675 triple. Triumph was a let down. I thought they'd have the 1500 twin ready by know. Also, the Rocket Tourer looks like a Road King standard. It's, maybe, too simple. Otherwise, it was nice to see some new Euro toys come to market.

BrowningBAR 11-07-2007 05:31 AM

I think the Rocket tourer is an improvement over the standard rocket. I'm not a big fan of the looks of the standard rocket, but the tourer is at least cleaner looking.

seruzawa 11-07-2007 05:49 AM

What's with Beemer and it's bizarro fairing on the F800? It looks like something out of Beetlegeuse. How fugly. The Germans really need to hire some Italians to help their styling... I guess you can call it styling. WWII German VW staff cars are their current inspiration. If you can call it that. Or maybe they are copying 1956 Frigidairs.

Funny, with all the over-the-top origami that the Japanese are tending towards, the what normally would be considered radical styling of the Aprilia hypermotard looks asolutely restrained. No one can style non-cruiser bikes better than the Italians. The Brits have been hitting some home runs too lately. Except for the ludicrous Rocket.

acecycleins 11-07-2007 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 173028)
I think the Rocket tourer is an improvement over the standard rocket. I'm not a big fan of the looks of the standard rocket, but the tourer is at least cleaner looking.

If you've ever been on Raptors and Rockets, an artist named Luc1 did a sketch of a "dresser" style Rocket. Clean, swooping, yet sculpted lines that had a great flow to them front to back. That was nice. This was just plain. Not bad. Just plain. For some reason I was expecting more.

BrowningBAR 11-07-2007 06:37 AM

Do you have the link? I went to the site but it's always hard to find stuff on that damn site.

longride 11-07-2007 06:53 AM

Was the point of the show to see who can display the goofiest looking motorcycle? If it was, it was a great success!

pplassm 11-07-2007 07:06 AM

Big KTM dual-sport looks neato.

Kenneth_Moore 11-07-2007 07:28 AM

Leakproof Wings

1 Attachment(s)
This is the first time I've seen a "wing" on a street bike. (Look closely at where a forward foot control set might be)

Wonder if it's going to be the "next big thing?" in the styling departments?