Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 AM   #41
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Well, she may be a pooch but she's the best bet of the current line-up.
Please tell me that you are kidding! Did you get your "No War for OIL" bumper sticker for your SUV yet?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2007, 09:27 AM   #42
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Please tell me that you are kidding! Did you get your "No War for OIL" bumper sticker for your SUV yet?
His bumper sticker says No War for Steam!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:27 AM   #43
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
That or Faux News.......
KPaul! You're back!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:48 AM   #44
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
KPaul! You're back!
The acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree, does it??
Old 11-13-2007, 10:00 AM   #45
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post

No, they were all out of them at Pinko Lefty Commie Fag Junky Hippy Peace Queer Political HQ,

I'll swing by this afternoon and see if Micheal Moore dropped anymore off.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
Old 11-15-2007, 01:39 AM   #46
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Not fault of Victory V-Rodham

Correct me if I’m wrong but it was the other family who took half of the riding gear & made you to make monthly payments for the next 50 years

- cruiz-euro
Old 11-15-2007, 03:43 AM   #47
fumanchu
Founding Member

why take 50 years? if g-dubbya would just hit up every family in america* for $20,900, we could get this pesky $1.6 trillion-dollar** war debt 'thang' taken care of in one fell swoop.

*illegal immigrants exempted
**according to the Congressional Joint Economic Committee Report

Last edited by fumanchu : 11-15-2007 at 04:37 AM. Reason: me spell wrong
Old 11-15-2007, 05:53 AM   #48
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong but it was the other family who took half of the riding gear & made you to make monthly payments for the next 50 years

- cruiz-euro

Well, since you wanted to be corrected, you are wrong. You see Victory V-Rodham voted for the war too, which would make it just as much her war as anyone elses. Of course, she is against it NOW, but continues to vote to fund it, which means she is part and parcel of the war debt. Amazing that you could be wrong every time, but not that amazing really.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:05 AM   #49
fumanchu
Founding Member

with respect to all sides (i'm unaffiliated despite the avatar), it's not as simple as who voted for or against the war in iraq:

in 2002, congress (including at that time senator clinton) voted in favor of going to war with iraq based on information which was provided by - and falsified by - the current administration. many congressional members (democrat and republican) have expressed since then regret over giving the president the authority to go to war in iraq.

from the washington post:
"...in fact we now know that Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction ... the intelligence was deeply flawed and, in some cases, manipulated to fit a political agenda."

from ABC news:
"ABC News decided to survey the views of the senators who served in 2002, most of whom remain in the Senate. The survey indicates that those senators say that if they knew then what they know now, President Bush would never have been given the authority to use force in Iraq."

as for senator clinton's continued voting in favor of releasing funds for the war in iraq, it's not a simple case of funding = support for the war. congress must, for the time being, continue to fund the 'war' because it was poorly planned and executed by the current administration - creating the current (excuse the cliché) political and military quagmire. simply pulling the plug financially is not a feasible alternative for congress. 1) voting to provide money to feed, clothe and properly defend the americans that are currently serving in iraq, until a proper solution can be found and implemented, is congress' responsibility, and satisfying this responsibility doesn't necessarily mean that senator clinton is in favor of the war itself or the mechanisms through which this quagmire came to be.
2) in addition to fighting a military campaign, american troops are also pulling the double-duty of preventing the already ensuing humanitarian disaster (according to the international red cross) from degrading any further - a function not unlike that which the national guard performs during times of domestic natural disasters - or spilling into neighboring countries more than it already has (turkey/syria). these two functions are immensely expensive, and are independent tertiary situations which have been caused our initial invasion of iraq.

based on these considerations, i must place the blame for our economic troubles on the current administration's decision to present manipulated information in order to justify military action in iraq in the first place. blame might even be seen to rest on the political system in general, for creating an environment where elected officials (democrat and republican) are more interested in party interests than the interests of the majority of their constituency.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:29 AM   #50
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Ha!

Jeez. What's with you? You're supposed to pick one corrupt political side or the other and mindlessly parrot your chosen gang's lies. Get with the program!