Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-05-2007, 01:39 PM   #21
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Hate college, eh? Don't like being surrounded by the "brightest and best" who know everything even though they've never actually been anywhere or done anything?
The local fishwrap had an article this morning about some playwright and billed him as a political activist and an "intellectual."

He then went on a typical MoveOn rant and called the current administration criminals and dangerous and then, claimed he'd be willing to debate anyone as long as they didn't degenerate into name-calling.

Some intellectual. I'm sure his screed gets standing ovations on college campi.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Default I'll bet he....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
The local fishwrap had an article this morning about some playwright and billed him as a political activist and an "intellectual."

He then went on a typical MoveOn rant and called the current administration criminals and dangerous and then, claimed he'd be willing to debate anyone as long as they didn't degenerate into name-calling.

Some intellectual. I'm sure his screed gets standing ovations on college campi.
... actually read a book once.

I love political activists who can't quote the even first amendment in full. That would be 95% of them. Most of them call the USA a democracy. LOL!

If you could harness the mindless ill-informed hatred that spews form the left you could power the entire world.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:34 PM   #23
TheFox
Founding Member

It paid the bike off plus taxes because my insurance is for replacement value. There was an overage, so they also gave me a check for $2.44. So I went out and bought a slightly beat up Triumph.

Really, I'm better off on the Triumph. It fits in better with my Depeche Mode / noble poverty lifestyle. I now have a white open face that I wear with goggles over my glasses, and blast around LSD with my elbows up like I'm Springfield in Peoria. Feels right.

Heh, how many 28 year old even know the significance of that statement? Funny enough, I have always preferred elbows up riding. Not a clip-on fan. Anyways.

It's for the best, I guess. I have pics of the ZX and that's what matters - the memories. I'd be siging a different tune if I was still paying for it. Heh.

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:37 PM   #24
TheFox
Founding Member

None of these guys want to hear me talk about what I call the inevitable war with China in the next 20 years. To be honest, there's a fair amount of people here who really had to work to get here, and they're cool. It's the 18 year old girls that tell me about the evils of war blah blah blah.

WTFEVER. I have more important things to do, like reorganize my sock drawer. Or jerk it.

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:01 AM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Thanks for starting off with a nice post. Sounds like you are going like a madman and ready to take on the world. Stick around here. It's still fun.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:25 AM   #26
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Hate college, eh? Don't like being surrounded by the "brightest and best" who know everything even though they've never actually been anywhere or done anything?

I worked at the U-W for 13 years, lot's of eye candy but their affinity for Working Class Heros don't extend to actual working class people trust me. Appearantly the key was to look like you were a member of the down trodden prolitariat as opposed to actually being one..

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:40 AM   #27
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Heh heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I worked at the U-W for 13 years, lot's of eye candy but their affinity for Working Class Heros don't extend to actual working class people trust me. Appearantly the key was to look like you were a member of the down trodden prolitariat as opposed to actually being one..
I can't surf to youtube from here but just go to youtube and search for "hipster olympics".

Remember intellectuals loooove the masses. They only hate individuals... virtually all individuals actually. Just go to any coffee shop near a university and listen in. It would depress me except that I know that these idiots are going to go on with their degrees in psychology, political science and liberal arts to rewarding careers in food service.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:43 AM   #28
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Hey!

Quote:
I can't surf to youtube from here but just go to youtube and search for "hipster olympics".

Remember intellectuals loooove the masses. They only hate individuals... virtually all individuals actually. Just go to any coffee shop near a university and listen in. It would depress me except that I know that these idiots are going to go on with their degrees in psychology, political science and liberal arts to rewarding careers in food service.
Some of us poli sci majors go into fleecing!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:33 AM   #29
SRMark
Founding Member

The Yamaha Sakura looks a lot like my SR500 with another 500cc cylinder grafted on. Get rid of the rose paint and I'd seriously consider buying one. Unless the Guzzi V7 gets here first. It sure is good to see motorcycles that look like motorcycles once again.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #30
SRMark
Founding Member

If the Guzzi V7 classic gets here first, I'll buy it. But, if the Sakura comes here in something other than that rosey/pink and gets here ahead of the V7, I'll take it. It looks enough like an SR500 for me to stop putting so many miles on mine. Lop a cylinder off of it and I'd be even happier.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote