Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-01-2007, 10:46 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2008 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V

Original Article:
2008 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Really cool bike. They fixed that giant ugly can the old one had too. If it comes in anything other than white, I'm all over it. Now, if I can just find a Guzzi dealer near me.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

Yep, we all knew the 8v motor would be better in this bike. This is my style bike. Now all I have to do is wait the customary 20 yrs before I buy it. Until then I'll just bum the ATD demo bike when it comes in.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
steven_1
Founding Member

I'm also one of those guys who buys a bike years after it comes out. Well I'm 51 and I don't know if I want to wait till I'm 60 to own this bike. I would be happy to own the 4 valve. Lets see if sold the 98 Sprint , the Paso, my 850 Lemans project, I may have a down payment!
I love the looks of this bike, long, low and lean just like the LeMans and V7 sport but very up to date with out going the retro look.
steven_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:16 PM   #5
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

What impresses me is that MO has got the scoop on reporting on this bike. The Guzzi I sat on at the Motorcycle Show back in February had nice ergonomics. I like this bike, but I don't think I'll be able to afford it anytime soon. Good thing I got my other bikes
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:10 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Default It's the inimitable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
What impresses me is that MO has got the scoop on reporting on this bike. The Guzzi I sat on at the Motorcycle Show back in February had nice ergonomics. I like this bike, but I don't think I'll be able to afford it anytime soon. Good thing I got my other bikes
.. Yossef once again. If MO is ever stupid enough to let him get away I propose we slow roast the new management on a spit over a pile of burning MX tires.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #7
bowtydaddy
Registered Member

I second that. Yossef is a joy to read. The photography is top shelf as well. Looks like Guzzi is poised to give BMW a run for the money.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:17 AM   #8
xlr8r
Founding Member

Superb review from Yossef as always. Not only is he an asset to the site, he's virtually the only reason I pay my sub to MO. As for the Griso, I'm now waiting for them to put that motor in the 1200 Sport. Until then I'm enjoying the lime-green V11S I bought this summer which has brought me back into Guzzidom after six years away - and ALL the injected models are just SO much better than the old carb'd ones. Never thought, as an time-served LeMans-o-phile, that I'd ever say that, but it's true...
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:40 AM   #9
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Yossef: any hint on what the price will be?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:43 AM   #10
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Let's just say after you buy it, you will need to move one of the hand controls and leg controls to be operated with the other hand and leg.