Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-26-2007, 05:40 AM   #51
anrajala
Founding Member

>As far as performance, these things weigh over 700
>lbs. Unless you're drag racing, who cares.

Thats right, proven by the fact that all the cruisers keep their engines bone stock. And so what if the Raider has 123 lb-ft of torque nobody wants to do burnouts.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2007, 05:44 AM   #52
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
>I think that there is nothing inherently wrong with having brand loyalty.

There is nothing inherently wrong in having brand loyalty, but certainly it is unrational. When you set to yourself some artificial principle “I’ll only buy Volvos”, or some such BS, you voluntarily switch off the critical part of the brain on that topic. In other words you become an idiot who can’t make rational choices any more.

The most pathological case is some dipstick saying (proudly, usually): I am a republican/democrat, our family has always been since whatever great grandfather . In other words this bozo has given up his political choices to some long gone dude whose biggest intellectual achievement was to learn to drive a tractor.

- cruiz-euro

So Bozo, how did you come to the highly rational choice of buying a FatBoy? Tell us all, so that we can see the thought process of how a man with obvious intellectual achievemant ends up riding an overpriced, ill-handling, slow Harley. This should be good.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:11 AM   #53
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
>I think that there is nothing inherently wrong with having brand loyalty.

There is nothing inherently wrong in having brand loyalty, but certainly it is unrational. When you set to yourself some artificial principle “I’ll only buy Volvos”, or some such BS, you voluntarily switch off the critical part of the brain on that topic. In other words you become an idiot who can’t make rational choices any more.

The most pathological case is some dipstick saying (proudly, usually): I am a republican/democrat, our family has always been since whatever great grandfather . In other words this bozo has given up his political choices to some long gone dude whose biggest intellectual achievement was to learn to drive a tractor.

- cruiz-euro

You're REALLY saying that it's unrational (sic) to toss out your experience with a product and brand when making a purchase decision? So, in your view, if my parents and I have purchased several Honda automobiles over decades, and every single one of them has given excellent service and value for the money, and they have a new car that I want to buy, I should just ignore all of that? That's the most irrational thing I'll hear today until my boss shows up for work!
Old 10-26-2007, 06:22 AM   #54
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
That's the most irrational thing I'll hear today until my boss shows up for work!
If you need more stupid stuff to read before the boss shows up, just go to his other posts. Makes for good entertainment.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:25 AM   #55
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
If you need more stupid stuff to read before the boss shows up, just go to his other posts. Makes for good entertainment.
If you don't stop being such a bully, he's going to go start his own website. I'm warning you!
Old 10-26-2007, 06:33 AM   #56
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
If you don't stop being such a bully, he's going to go start his own website. I'm warning you!
Your buddy came back here a few days ago. I guess CW and his site don't afford him enough abuse lately.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:58 AM   #57
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Your buddy came back here a few days ago. I guess CW and his site don't afford him enough abuse lately.
It's fun (like a horror movie is fun) to read the forums over there. There's a few sensible posters who try to deal with his stuff rationally, then become increasingly agitated and annoyed. But, there also seems to be a group of followers who are hanging on his every word.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:55 AM   #58
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Heh heh.

Quote:
It's fun (like a horror movie is fun) to read the forums over there. There's a few sensible posters who try to deal with his stuff rationally, then become increasingly agitated and annoyed. But, there also seems to be a group of followers who are hanging on his every word.
Figures. Just like his claim of being 17-years-old on Myspace. He gets the inexperienced kids to follow him around in a Manson-cultlike fashion. Anyone with real experience in bikes or politics knows that he's an incompetent blowhard.

They are going through the stages of dealing with Kook that everyone does. Soon there will be a hardcore of posters demanding he be banned.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:46 PM   #59
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Where's the Highway Man when you need him?

It's as expensive as a Harley, I don't see the point anymore.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:15 PM   #60
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelterSkelter View Post
It's as expensive as a Harley, I don't see the point anymore.
That may just be the most perceptive post made on this thread! Except for any and all of mine, of course.