Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2007 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6562-2007-ducati-hypermotard-1100s.html)

Administrator 10-17-2007 04:48 PM

2007 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S

Original Article:
2007 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2007 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

vermicious 10-17-2007 06:44 PM

Looks ripe for hooliganism. I like the almost-ugly look of the thing too.

Buzglyd 10-17-2007 06:59 PM

I test rode one and loved it. I wasn't willing to sit on a waiting list though. Plus, the local dealers are charging full MSRP and are wheeling and dealing on Sport Classics.

It's a great bike and perhaps there will be one in my garage in the future. Tall guys (longride?) will love it.

sachiwilson 10-17-2007 08:18 PM

I saw one up in Seattle the other day. Looked nice. Very upright riding position. The guy was riding with a young lady on a scooter!

Kenneth_Moore 10-18-2007 07:22 AM

Very cool bike, if that's your interest. Not my cup of tea.

Fonzie, outstanding photos in this article. I'm wondering if you guys were up before dawn or still out and about when the sun came up. Either way, nice work!

Kevin, if it was my Mom, the comment would be: "it's all fun and games until somebody loses their license."

BrowningBAR 10-18-2007 07:35 AM

Not to poke at you, but how can it not be your cup of tea?

longride 10-18-2007 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 171360)
I test rode one and loved it. I wasn't willing to sit on a waiting list though. Plus, the local dealers are charging full MSRP and are wheeling and dealing on Sport Classics.

It's a great bike and perhaps there will be one in my garage in the future. Tall guys (longride?) will love it.

Looks like a ripper. I'll have to drop by my local Duc dealer and see if they have one. I doubt there is a waiting list here, so maybe they will let me ride one. ;)

Kenneth_Moore 10-18-2007 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 171372)
Not to poke at you, but how can it not be your cup of tea?

Sure, you're right, this is an awesome bike, and any new Ducati would be a huge blast to own. But, it's "not my cup of tea" in the sense that with a limited budget, and when considering a new bike to buy, it wouldn't be my choice. If I could afford two or three new bikes, then sure...

Buzglyd 10-18-2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 171375)
Looks like a ripper. I'll have to drop by my local Duc dealer and see if they have one. I doubt there is a waiting list here, so maybe they will let me ride one. ;)

The corn is quivering in fear!

acecycleins 10-18-2007 08:51 AM

I'm 2/3 the weight of the bike. I'd have to do some serious dieting to get the most fun out of the thing. Sure does look fun, though. I'll be waiting for a nice used one in about 3 years- maybe I can get drop some lbs by then.