Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-15-2007, 09:47 AM   #11
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Well, it may be "wrong" but motorcycle mags can only test the bikes that the companies provide. So if Kawasaki will only give a Mean Streak for testing then it's going to get tested along with whatever other bikes the mag can scrape up. I'd love to see a test on the Tiger, but apparently Triumph won't give one to MO to test. There's not much the editors can do.
Wouldn't it be cool if Kawi brought back the Eliminator w/ the Connie electronics and motor? Talk about a power-cruiser.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2007, 09:51 AM   #12
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Wouldn't it be cool if Kawi brought back the Eliminator w/ the Connie electronics and motor? Talk about a power-cruiser.
Somebody has GOT to come up with a better nickname for the Concours. Every time I hear "Connie" I think of Connie Francis and her giant 60's hair-do.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:00 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Somebody has GOT to come up with a better nickname for the Concours. Every time I hear "Connie" I think of Connie Francis and her giant 60's hair-do.
... I think of Connie H. from school who had really giant....
Old 10-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #14
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Larry, you kinda have a point, but the comparison articles usually mention the powerplant issues you brought up. And that Hammer S has a different set of handlebars, which apparently much improve the handling as compared to a standard model. And some would argue that the V-Rod isn't really a cruiser.

I wonder if they'll have a much improved suspension on the new V-Max, since that's really been the only complaint owners have had on that bike. Raptors and Rockets says the new one'll be a 2009 model. Is that where you got your info, Ace? Looks like that's going to be one bad bike.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:14 AM   #15
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
Larry, you kinda have a point, but the comparison articles usually mention the powerplant issues you brought up. And that Hammer S has a different set of handlebars, which apparently much improve the handling as compared to a standard model. And some would argue that the V-Rod isn't really a cruiser.

I wonder if they'll have a much improved suspension on the new V-Max, since that's really been the only complaint owners have had on that bike. Raptors and Rockets says the new one'll be a 2009 model. Is that where you got your info, Ace? Looks like that's going to be one bad bike.
I love that guy. Raptor and Rockets may not update things every day. But that guy and his little team of m/c crazies are pretty spot on when it comes to future models.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:25 AM   #16
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I don't think terms like 'sport tourer', 'sport cruiser' 'power cruiser', 'tourer', 'sportbike', or 'dual sport' are difficult to define clearly at all.

Sport tourers: ST1300, ST3, FJR 1300...
Sport cruisers: Mean Streak, Warrior, Hammer...
Power cruisers: M109R, Rocket 3, V-Rod...
Tourer: K1200LT, Goldwing, Vision, Venture, Ultra Classic...
Sportbike: GSXR, CBRR, Ninja, R1...
Dual Sport: BMW GS, DL 650/1000, KLR, Ulysses....

There are grey areas and crossover bikes that blur the lines, but most are easily put in a category once the category is defined.
Well the HD- night rod is a standard because it has a fairing and my old honda dirt bike is a touring bike because i have a tank bag and tie down my back pack to it when i go out climbing in the woods and the (pre200 ninja 250 and 500s aren't sports bikes because because you sit up too much on them... oh yea and the Ulysses isn't a Dual purpose because its just an XB with a high fender and the orginal gold wing was a standard not a touring bike, unless you put a fairing and bags on it... and....

WHO CARES! what is the big deal? are you trying to start an argument (IE Trolling)? or did you actually have a point? and speaking of that, where are Standards in your list? where does the Honda 599 fit in?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #17
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
I love that guy. Raptor and Rockets may not update things every day. But that guy and his little team of m/c crazies are pretty spot on when it comes to future models.
You forgot the "/sarcasm".........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #18
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
These two half-deaf nuns are riding on a noisy train. One nun had just been to Central America, and she's describing these big grapefruits and huge bananas. The other nun says: "Father Who??"
Old 10-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #19
Larry
Founding Member

No, it wasn't a troll, and no, it's not because the bikes I like don't do well, I just thought it would make interesting conversation.

Guess not.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:36 PM   #20
Larry
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Well, it may be "wrong" but motorcycle mags can only test the bikes that the companies provide. So if Kawasaki will only give a Mean Streak for testing then it's going to get tested along with whatever other bikes the mag can scrape up. I'd love to see a test on the Tiger, but apparently Triumph won't give one to MO to test. There's not much the editors can do.
Well, I guess it would be too hard to break the bikes into 2 categories and compare then that way....

M109 vs V-rod would be a good comparo.
Mean Streak vs Hammer vs Warrior would be a good shootout.

Comparing them all together is fine too, but calling it a 'power-cruiser shootout' is a stretch, doncha think?

I don't ride any of those bikes, by the way. Two of those bikes I find interesting, the Warrior and the Hammer. The MS does nothing for me, the M109R is swell but the swelling quickly goes down, and the V-Rod is gutless until the tach gets to where the Warrior bumps the rev limiter.

This is my junk...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0706250050.jpg (32.9 KB, 6 views)
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote