Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-12-2007, 08:44 AM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

It sho be!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2007, 12:10 PM   #12
giganto
Registered Member

Default all you can spork

Perty it is indeed, 22000 otd, not a chance for this poor soul....thing is, if i was salaried 3x what i make now and forced at sporkpoint to spend that tender-pile, i would, with lust/greed measured from space, simply aquire a stable of damn near new but used dream bikes of every type, and heard them all in the living room like indoor waterfowl.
Great thrift shops prove this tendency, and all you can scarf feed emporiums even moreso.
giganto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:11 PM   #13
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giganto View Post
Perty it is indeed, 22000 otd, not a chance for this poor soul....thing is, if i was salaried 3x what i make now and forced at sporkpoint to spend that tender-pile, i would, with lust/greed measured from space, simply aquire a stable of damn near new but used dream bikes of every type, and heard them all in the living room like indoor waterfowl.
Great thrift shops prove this tendency, and all you can scarf feed emporiums even moreso.
As we walked along the flatblock marina, I was calm on the outside, but thinking all the time - Now it was to be Georgie the general, saying what we should do and what not to do, and Dim as his mindless greeding bulldog. But suddenly, I viddied that thinking was for the gloopy ones, and that the oomny ones use like, inspiration and what Bog sends. Now it was lovely music that came into my aid. There was a window open with the stereo on, and I viddied right at once what to do.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:38 PM   #14
vermicious
Registered Member

People who memorize lines from Clockwork Orange are not to be trusted
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:18 AM   #15
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious View Post
People who memorize lines from Clockwork Orange are not to be trusted
"You can rely on me, Fred."
Old 10-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #16
giganto
Registered Member

...every time I type "indoor waterfowl" someone brings up Kubrick.
Other than Eyes Wide Shut,(a failure, to this K.lover) He Made No Junk.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Some say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by giganto View Post
...every time I type "indoor waterfowl" someone brings up Kubrick.
Other than Eyes Wide Shut,(a failure, to this K.lover) He Made No Junk.
.... that Kubrik purposefully made Eyes Wide Shut as a final poke at Hollywood. He knew he was dying and knew that no matter how awful a movie he made as his last movie they would still laud it as a masterpiece. It's Stanley giving the finger from the grave.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:02 AM   #18
giganto
Registered Member

...I would love to believe that, but can't. His quotes initially and finally indicated that he was not just satisfied, but happy. Worse yet, he came all the way around on The Giant Aquatic Rodent Tom Cruise, thought he was great casting by the end. Most film snobs Im close to concentrated so hard the second and third viewings until they "got it". I thought it was a clean miss, a script not succeeding. Hes always been my favorite director, would love to invest in any of the Kubrick's middle finger to The Man theories, but plenty of reliable sources(since he died, people opened up)confirmed no agendas to willfully bake a rotten loaf.
Next time I fall down, hit head, Ill try to invest in Revenge thingie, will surely make me feel better.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:47 PM   #19
nesbit
Founding Member

Default Nesbit

The HP2 Sport DOHC is likely the future head arrangement across the entire Boxer line. The Hi-Cam is way past its marketing life. And, why spend 7 years developing what would amount to a 1-off, otherwise?
nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesbit View Post
The HP2 Sport DOHC is likely the future head arrangement across the entire Boxer line. The Hi-Cam is way past its marketing life. And, why spend 7 years developing what would amount to a 1-off, otherwise?
Marketing life on BMWs rivals that of HD. They can milk the amortized hi-cam fixtures for at least another decade. Heck, BMWphiles will accept about anything.