Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #21
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
I have summer gloves and insulated gloves for cold weather. What I'd really like is a set of hand guards, but they don't make them for sportbikes
Investigate the handguards used on the Suzuki V-Stroms. I adapted them for my FZ6.

The right went on with almost no modifications, just had to put a few 1/4" washers as spacers, and filed the outboard-ends (for both) to fit the FZ bar-ends.

The left, I had to construct a bracket from a wormgear clamp, 1/4" rod, and a 1/4"x3/4" bolt, and file to clear the clutch-adjuster nut.

You'll need the handguards (about $11 ea., depending on your dealer) and the fulcrum bolt for the brake. If you have a hydraulic clutch, probably won't have to fabricate a thing, but you'll need another fulcrum bolt for that side too.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2007, 06:56 AM   #22
pplassm
Founding Member

MSR Wind Deflectors. They strap right on any bike, and, with a pair of cold weather gloves, no worries.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:10 AM   #23
vermicious
Registered Member

I have a craptastic pair of gauntlets that I somehow continually fail to replace. And since I haven't really invested in any other serious winter riding gear I generally layer up, hug the engine and freeze my ass off.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:11 AM   #24
vermicious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
When it gets too wet or cold out I slip into my Ford Explorer and grab a latte` while I drive around texting everyone.
Don't forget to rummage around in the passenger foot well.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:28 AM   #25
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious View Post
Don't forget to rummage around in the passenger foot well.
While operating your eyelash curler....
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:55 PM   #26
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Can you show me some pics of how those MSR Wind Deflectors mount on your bars? Do they mount in front of (shield) the clutch and front brake levers? The bike I want to put them on has helibars and good-sized levers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
MSR Wind Deflectors. They strap right on any bike, and, with a pair of cold weather gloves, no worries.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:48 AM   #27
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
Can you show me some pics of how those MSR Wind Deflectors mount on your bars? Do they mount in front of (shield) the clutch and front brake levers? The bike I want to put them on has helibars and good-sized levers.
Here's what they look like:

MSR Hand Deflectors - Chaparral Motorsports

They're big pieces of nylon-backed platic that strap-on with a nylon strap and a helmet-type fastener. I do not know if that will work with your bike. I use mine on my Buell Lightning and my dirtbikes. The Concours doesn't need them.

Here's a link to cheap heated grips:

Heated Grip Kit
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:07 PM   #28
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious View Post
I have a craptastic pair of gauntlets that I somehow continually fail to replace. And since I haven't really invested in any other serious winter riding gear I generally layer up, hug the engine and freeze my ass off.
Get some High pipes for that Tuono, should take care of the frozen azz part. The main plus with my brothers old 996, heated seat (though the only temp control was the ignition switch) and he could reach back and grap a pipe with his glove when he really needed to thaw some digits.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:55 PM   #29
vermicious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Get some High pipes for that Tuono, should take care of the frozen azz part. The main plus with my brothers old 996, heated seat (though the only temp control was the ignition switch) and he could reach back and grap a pipe with his glove when he really needed to thaw some digits.
It comes with high pipes and idles at about 200 degrees on a warm day -- I should bite the bullet and by new gloves, an aerostitch suit and/or some electrics though...