Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I always found that if you keep your body core warm with proper clothing or a heated vest, your hands won't get cold. Keep your head and chest warm and the rest of your body will follow with minimum protection.
So you work up a sweat shouting at people and your fingers thaw out?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #12
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Nun better!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Two nuns cycling down a cobbled street. The first one says "I've never come this way before"; the second one replies "Must be the cobbles"
Old 10-10-2007, 01:30 PM   #14
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Two nuns cycling down a cobbled street. The first one says "I've never come this way before"; the second one replies "Must be the cobbles"
keep those nun jokes flying
Old 10-10-2007, 01:41 PM   #15
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

I have summer gloves and insulated gloves for cold weather. What I'd really like is a set of hand guards, but they don't make them for sportbikes; I don't want heated grips, I just want something to block the wind. While I'm talking about wishful thinking, it'd be nice if I could get some windshield wipers for my helmet (that glove finger wiper thingie really doesn't cut it)
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #16
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I wear my Lee Parks Deerskins as long as I can, then switch to Triumph goretex Explorer gloves, they work for anything I'm liable to ride in. When it gets too wet or cold out I slip into my Ford Explorer and grab a latte` while I drive around texting everyone.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #17
12er
Founding Member

Step 1: Buy a BMW, signing on the line is so much easier than adding heated grips to your bike.

Step 2: plug in your Kanetsu Heated Jacket to the new BMW's accessory port, of course threading the power cable out the hand warmer pocket on your Roadcrafter.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:01 PM   #18
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Yup Gerbings Classics feel funky and loose. My Ice Breakers feel to bulky and take away too much feel. I'm spoiled by my Held Steve gloves. So the options are stop riding or plug in. I plug in.

ps I don't have them so I don't know but I don't understand how heated grips can keep the top of your hands warm.
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #19
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I wear my Lee Parks Deerskins as long as I can, then switch to Triumph goretex Explorer gloves, they work for anything I'm liable to ride in. When it gets too wet or cold out I slip into my Ford Explorer and grab a latte` while I drive around texting everyone.
Arent the Lee Parks gloves the best thing on the planet? I have the unlined version and wont buy anything else for warm weather, been looking at the thermo lined pair for an inbetween glove though. While singing the praises to my buddy at last years IMS he bought the lined version and hasnt looked back. Tried a few of the look a likes but nothing compares so far.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:41 PM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Arent the Lee Parks gloves the best thing on the planet? I have the unlined version and wont buy anything else for warm weather, been looking at the thermo lined pair for an inbetween glove though. While singing the praises to my buddy at last years IMS he bought the lined version and hasnt looked back. Tried a few of the look a likes but nothing compares so far.
I love mine, I wear them till it's durn cold! I have a pair of the hi-end lined Elk skin ones but they're not as comfortable as I'd hoped. Mainly because where the fingers join the palm they're stitched straight across instead of angled like your hand.. Also, if it's cold enough for them, it's probably wet too so I wear the Triumph goretex ones instead. Your hand may be different but I'd bear it in mind at least, it's hard to get a comfortable grip for me the way they're cut. Quality wise they're top notch!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote