Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   First Look: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6473-first-look-2008-honda-cbr1000rr.html)

Administrator 10-02-2007 08:21 AM

First Look: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR

Original Article:
First Look: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article First Look: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

longride 10-02-2007 09:06 AM

I just saw the new Honda corporate slogan: "Profits First!' Kinda fits, don't it?

seruzawa 10-02-2007 09:53 AM

2008 even more hohum than 2007

Typical. The 600 the people should be buying is dropped. As if even 1% of the buyers could tell the difference between the F4 and the RR.

On the other hand I'm pleased to see that Honda has made their lineup even poorer than ever. Just as I expected. No new Adventure Tourer. Oh no. That might be taking a risk. Let the other manuacturers build up the market so that Honduh can show up with one in a few years while pretending they invented the entire class. And having an even more "improved" CBR1000 (which surpassed the abilities of anyone except pro riders over a decade ago) certainly fires up my enthusiassszzzzz.........

BrowningBAR 10-02-2007 09:57 AM

Looks nice. I like the redesigned look. At least they moved in a different direction than the other three. All the other sportbikes have a pointy, sharp look about them. This one has a more organic look.

Would I buy one? As a fourth bike I guess. But I would say that about any sportbike. I'd buy a standard, a DP, a motard, a cruiser, or a touring bike before a sportbike. So I am not their target market.

And if I did buy a sportbike it would be something with more forgiving ergos.

seruzawa 10-02-2007 10:04 AM

Dude!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 170237)
Looks nice. I like the redesigned look. At least they moved in a different direction than the other three. All the other sportbikes have a pointy, sharp look about them. This one has a more organic look.

Would I buy one? As a fourth bike I guess. But I would say that about any sportbike. I'd buy a standard, a DP, a motard, a cruiser, or a touring bike before a sportbike. So I am not their target market.

And if I did buy a sportbike it would be something with more forgiving ergos.

The bars are 6.5mm higher now! And there's that great new tank badge. That really makes it irresistible!

BrowningBAR 10-02-2007 10:08 AM

Oh, alright.

...let me go find my checkbook.

Kenneth_Moore 10-02-2007 10:19 AM

Honda has discovered "controlled die fill" technology. Wonder if they bought the rights from Yamaha?

Did Buell patent his mufflers? He should have...

Love the "Graffiti" look. Skulls. How unique!

mscuddy 10-02-2007 12:21 PM

Haven't you guys got...

anything better to do than bash old Honda for being content to grind out reliable, decent handling stuff to the masses? Who's next on the hit list? I don't see anyone dissin' Moto Guzzi for producing THE SAME OLD THING over and over and over...I mean, compaired to Honda Mototo Guzzel is...like Studebaker right before they went under. I expect to see tailfins on a Grisso any day now. Pshaw, fie and feh.

longride 10-02-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 170244)
anything better to do than bash old Honda for being content to grind out reliable, decent handling stuff to the masses? Who's next on the hit list? I don't see anyone dissin' Moto Guzzi for producing THE SAME OLD THING over and over and over...I mean, compaired to Honda Mototo Guzzel is...like Studebaker right before they went under. I expect to see tailfins on a Grisso any day now. Pshaw, fie and feh.

Well, Honda USED to actually lead the industry. Now they just see what everyone else is doing. If we just wanted reliable, decent handling stuff, they wouldn't have made anything after the CB 750. Too bad Honda's best days seems to be behind them. They are fat, dumb, and happy. "Profits first"!

Kenneth_Moore 10-02-2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 170244)

If Honda was selling air cooled CB750s, I'd be buying.