Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-04-2007, 11:13 AM   #61
seruzawa
The Toad

Default That and the.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Kevin, I don't think the point of what I, or anyone else has to say about Honda is that their bikes aren't competent. The POINT was that Honda no longer leads the pack, or innovates. They used to. The CB 750, CBX, GoldWing, V-Four Interceptor, were all ground breaking bikes that nobody else had. If there was a trend in motorcycling, Honda started it years ago. Everyone followed them. They made exciting bikes then. Now? I'm sure their 600 is great. The trouble is, it is so much like all the other 600's that we can't tell the difference without a scorecard. I would say that Triumph has more innovation in the last 5 years than Honda has had, and that is sad considering the engineering might that Honda has. Triumph makes different and exciting bikes. I believe, and it seems most others on this thread at least, see Honda as boring and stale. It isn't just me. I think that unless they start to change, it will hit them where it hurts.
..ridiculous overpricing. Where does Honda get off charging $6K for a 250cc scooter.. as much as the Suzuki 400cc. Way more than a GS500F or a Ninja500. Honda makes HD and BMW look comparatively like humanitarian non-profits. At least the Beemers and Hogs don't end up in junkyards.

The 80cc Honda scooter is as much as the Yamaha 125.
The 800 Interceptor is as much as a 1050 SprintST.
And so on and so on. Ridiculous.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2007, 11:29 AM   #62
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
There's nothing I look forward to with greater pleasure, Mr. Grady.
Well, I'm gonna go then. And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff and I don't need you. I don't need anything -- except this, this ash tray, and that's the only thing I need is this! I don't need nothin' but this - just this ash tray, and this paddle game. The ash tray and the paddle game - and that's all I need, and this - the remote control. The ash tray, the paddle game and the remote control, that's all I need. And these matches. The ash tray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball. And this lamp. That's right. This paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too! I don't need one other thing. Not one - I need this - the paddle game and the chair and the remote control and the matches, for sure. Well, what are you looking at? What do you think I am, some kind of a jerk or something? And this. That's all I need. The ash tray, the remote control, and this paddle game, and this magazine and the chair...I don't need one other thing, except my dog (The dog growls at him) I don't need my dog.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:53 AM   #63
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Your wife appears to be stronger than we imagined Mr. Torrance. Somewhat more..... resourceful, she seems to have got the better of you.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:01 PM   #64
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

For the moment, Mr. Grady. Only for the moment.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:08 PM   #65
955tri
Registered Member

And to think, all it takes to have this much fun is one little Honda to Harley comparison. My bad though, I didn't take into account the number of motorcycles you've ridden, maybe M.O. should just change it's name to Longride and you can just tell everybody what to ride based on your vast experience. Regardless, we're never going to change each other's opinion, so let's just let that go. But PLEASE point out where I'm factually wrong (as opposed to my subjective opinions)and I'll admit it and tap out. Remember, I never said everybody should like Hondas. I even went so far as to agree their lineup is less than exciting. The ONLY thing I took exception to was your comments about Honda's new slogan "Profits first," and I thought that was odd coming from a Harley fan when Harley is all about branding and profits. Please recall, you were the one that started in with the Hon-Duh, and the Honda doesn't win ANYTHING anymore B.S. Am I wrong about that!?!? It was the other guy that called you a ****-head.
So, if you'd be so kind, you can repeat after me: "Honda is still winning meaningful races and championships"

Last edited by 955tri : 10-04-2007 at 12:12 PM.
955tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #66
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

"Johnson, Navin R.", Sounds like a typical bastard. Die, Navin R. Johnson. Bastard! Random son of a b!tch, typical run-of-the-mill bastard.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #67
955tri
Registered Member

Talking Post count rising

BrowningBAR, Sarnali2, and Seruzawa's comments are great. The Shining and Jerk references are priceless.
For the record, I just wanted to get my post count up and I figured "bull baiting" Longride with a Harley comment was the easiest way. Guess I was right.
955tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:41 PM   #68
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 955tri View Post
BrowningBAR, Sarnali2, and Seruzawa's comments are great. The Shining and Jerk references are priceless.
For the record, I just wanted to get my post count up and I figured "bull baiting" Longride with a Harley comment was the easiest way. Guess I was right.

Now, go away or I shall taunt you a second time-uh!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08-french-guard.jpg (5.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-04-2007, 01:19 PM   #69
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 955tri View Post
And to think, all it takes to have this much fun is one little Honda to Harley comparison. My bad though, I didn't take into account the number of motorcycles you've ridden, maybe M.O. should just change it's name to Longride and you can just tell everybody what to ride based on your vast experience. Regardless, we're never going to change each other's opinion, so let's just let that go. But PLEASE point out where I'm factually wrong (as opposed to my subjective opinions)and I'll admit it and tap out. Remember, I never said everybody should like Hondas. I even went so far as to agree their lineup is less than exciting. The ONLY thing I took exception to was your comments about Honda's new slogan "Profits first," and I thought that was odd coming from a Harley fan when Harley is all about branding and profits. Please recall, you were the one that started in with the Hon-Duh, and the Honda doesn't win ANYTHING anymore B.S. Am I wrong about that!?!? It was the other guy that called you a ****-head.
So, if you'd be so kind, you can repeat after me: "Honda is still winning meaningful races and championships"

Too bad the whole point you argued was stupid from the beginning. I didn't think you took thr Hon-Duh thing personally. Maybe you are married to Hon-Duh or something. Sorry I have more experience than you do. It comes with....well....experience. I'm a fan of all motorcycles, since I have owned pretty much every brand since 1974. The argument was never about Harley, but I guess since you envy them and me so much, you needed to bring them into the picture. The argument was Honda and its boring lineup and lack of innovation. On both points, you and Honda lose badly. Looks like you have 36 posts and not one made any sense yet. Maybe when you get around 5000 posts and about 40 more bikes you might figure something out. Then again, maybe you won't.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:34 PM   #70
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Now, go away or I shall taunt you a second time-uh!

It's not a question of where he grips it! it's a simple question of weight ratios! a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote