Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   First Look: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6473-first-look-2008-honda-cbr1000rr.html)

seruzawa 10-03-2007 08:30 PM

That's what's weird...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 170376)
Hey Hey wait for meeeeee, I'm 49 and I don't like Honda's either !!!!!!!!

Seriously, maybe the 599 or 919 would be interesting, but I lost interest in Honda after my VFR and it's BSA like electrical system, fun when it ran, difficult to push when it didn't. At least a Beezer would have been lighter. I think Suzuki owns the street and track and if I was insane enough to actually buy one it would be a Gixxer Thou, however living in the real world of cr*ppy road surfaces, iffy weather and slow and go morning commutes the just don't seem to be much point in owning a 170+ MPH Sportbike. My Bandit and Dyna work much better in my riding enviroment....maybe an R100RT Airhead for the winter..

..about Honda. I've got two in the garage. The GL1100 is a keeper but the 84 Magna is finally running again and I'll be getting rid of that POS mo riki tik. Honda used to be cutting edge and they could do it again. Just get some real enthusiasts involved. Curb the bean counters some.

I know. Put Burnsie in charge. That I'd pay to see.

The_AirHawk 10-03-2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 170374)
I can name 3, 4, or even 5 models from every manufacturer that interest me. Honda has zero...unless the release the two retro concept I saw recently.

And the sad thing about those two concept bikes, is they look somewhat like an old Yamaha.........

(if we're talkin' about the same two concept bikes, which I believe we are)

Zachery 10-03-2007 08:44 PM

955, I am 27 and I ride an 05 Yamaha R6. I totally agree with you seruzawa. The GSXR 750 will be the first bike I look at when I look for a new bike. The R1 will probably be number 2 but the cost of insurance because it is 1000 cc and the higher price of the bike itself make the GSXR a better choice. Like I said before Honda has nothing I like. Yawn..Even their cruisers are boring and conservative.

Kevin_Duke 10-04-2007 12:20 AM

I'm not really a Honda apologist, but I've got to say three things about Big Red:

1. The 2007 CBR600RR totally rocks. Instead of ever-peakier 600s, this CBR has grunt without spinning it up crazily. It has a significant advantage in power everywhere but at the very top where it's competitive. (American Honda actually had its own tuning on the bike, different than the Euro CBR, so it had some decent thrust down low). The only middleweight that can touch it is the delightful Daytona 675.

2. We don't yet know exactly how the new CBR1k will do, but our contacts tell us to expect the same kind of performance increase and weight savings as last year's CBR600RR, which was huge. And I believe Mr. Hodgson, a former world champ, has what it takes to be competitive on a bike better than last year's Honda superbike.

3. Honda's MX and enduro lineup kicks ass, generally speaking.

longride 10-04-2007 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obandoj (Post 170354)
Well well, I have not been on board for a few weeks, and when I come back to check on the old MO what do I see? The longnazi at work being a bully. How typical, once a $hit head, allways a $hit head.
And who gave you the "Super Duper Mod Man" title anyway? The companies that buy advertising space on this website should demand your demise, and pronto.

Gee, I love you too. The weeks you were gone were the best ever here. Coincidence? I think not.

longride 10-04-2007 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 955tri (Post 170357)
Be prepared, facts don't "hold water" around these parts. I'd expect you'll be told to "try again" shortly.

How many Hondas have you owned, or currently own? I just want to see what point of view I am dealing with, but I bet I already know the answer.

longride 10-04-2007 04:48 AM

Sarnali and Seruzawa are both full of crap. Old 955 say Honda is the best, and you really have to listen to him, because he is an expert on the subject.

longride 10-04-2007 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 170374)
I'm 32 and Honda does nothing for me. Their cruiser line is out-dated looking (didn't even know that was possible, but it is), I don't like their sport tourer, I don't like the looks of their sportbikes, Everyone has been waiting for the updated VFR, they dropped the blackbird (which was out-dated but at least interesting). Their standard bikes (that they dropped) were over priced, their DP machine is over priced, and the list goes on.

I can name 3, 4, or even 5 models from every manufacturer that interest me. Honda has zero...unless the release the two retro concept I saw recently.

And what are my interests? Mostly standards, street oriented bikes, cruisers, DPs, adventure bike and after I have one of each, you can throw in a sportbike with comfortable ergos.

I hate Suzuki paint schemes, but I'd take a Vstrom, a naked SV, and the motard they offer.

I hate Suzuki paint schemes, but I'd take a Vstrom, a naked SV, and the motard they offer.

Well 955 thinks you are an idiot. Anyone that doesn't crow for Honda is an idiot. It cracks him up really.

longride 10-04-2007 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 170383)
I'm not really a Honda apologist, but I've got to say three things about Big Red:

1. The 2007 CBR600RR totally rocks. Instead of ever-peakier 600s, this CBR has grunt without spinning it up crazily. It has a significant advantage in power everywhere but at the very top where it's competitive. (American Honda actually had its own tuning on the bike, different than the Euro CBR, so it had some decent thrust down low). The only middleweight that can touch it is the delightful Daytona 675.

2. We don't yet know exactly how the new CBR1k will do, but our contacts tell us to expect the same kind of performance increase and weight savings as last year's CBR600RR, which was huge. And I believe Mr. Hodgson, a former world champ, has what it takes to be competitive on a bike better than last year's Honda superbike.

3. Honda's MX and enduro lineup kicks ass, generally speaking.

Kevin, I don't think the point of what I, or anyone else has to say about Honda is that their bikes aren't competent. The POINT was that Honda no longer leads the pack, or innovates. They used to. The CB 750, CBX, GoldWing, V-Four Interceptor, were all ground breaking bikes that nobody else had. If there was a trend in motorcycling, Honda started it years ago. Everyone followed them. They made exciting bikes then. Now? I'm sure their 600 is great. The trouble is, it is so much like all the other 600's that we can't tell the difference without a scorecard. I would say that Triumph has more innovation in the last 5 years than Honda has had, and that is sad considering the engineering might that Honda has. Triumph makes different and exciting bikes. I believe, and it seems most others on this thread at least, see Honda as boring and stale. It isn't just me. I think that unless they start to change, it will hit them where it hurts.

sarnali2 10-04-2007 07:42 AM

Seruzawa and B-Bar are full of crap, I'm a regular fountain head of knowledge. What did seruzawa ever do but invent an oxygen destroyer bomb that knocked off half the fish in Tokyo Bay and B-Bar, locked away in some farmhouse in the middle of nowhere typing "redrum redrum redrum" and "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" over and over again, sheesh, what the hell do they know????

I read the gaddam Tacoma paper everyday at work !!! I know all kinds 'o sh*t, just ask me !