Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #31
955tri
Registered Member

Default Amen

Be prepared, facts don't "hold water" around these parts. I'd expect you'll be told to "try again" shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obandoj View Post
Well well, I have not been on board for a few weeks, and when I come back to check on the old MO what do I see? The longnazi at work being a bully. How typical, once a $hit head, allways a $hit head.
And who gave you the "Super Duper Mod Man" title anyway? The companies that buy advertising space on this website should demand your demise, and pronto.
955tri is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2007, 03:03 PM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

Default It takes more than...

.... marketing good machinery to get motorcycle sales. A bike maker has to inspire desire. Honda isn't doing that and hasn't in over a decade. Their lineup is so vanilla that it's simply not inspiring no matter how much hype the marketing department uses. Heck, they can't even market an Adventure bike even though they are very hot selllers right now. Maybe next year or so......

It appears that the auto division is running things now and you can't sell motorcycles like you sell Accords.

Honda's overpricing isn't doing them any good either. It might work on new people to play the old "superior quality" line but those of us who have been around know better. Honda's insistence on charging as much for an 800cc bike as Triumph does for a 1050cc bike is gonna bite 'em. Honda's idea of competing with Suzuki's 1250Bandit is to offer a 1000cc bike for more money.

The days of any superior quality for Honda are looooong gone. The new ST1300s look like chintzy plastic factories.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:33 PM   #33
955tri
Registered Member

Default Africa Twin

I agree that Honda marketing/product placement isn't what it should be. I'd love to see an Africa Twin redeux (can't say I liked the TransAlp though...) and certainly an updated VFR is long overdue. The new CBR1000RR though (to get back on-topic) looks to be a solid addition to the Superbike ranks. It may not win the US superbike championship, but I'm sure Hodgson will make a run of it, and I certainly wouldn't have bet against it in WSB if Toesland had stuck around.
BTW LR - Add the 2007 WSB Supersport Title to the list of insignificant recent Honda Championships. I believe Sofuoglu is currently leading the series with 251 points, his next closest rival is a Kawasaki with 128 points.
I'd also say to add the AMA FX title as well, but we all know that that IS an insignificant championship, no offense to Josh Hayes.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #34
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritboy View Post
MV Agusta paint-job of the silver-red model... no steering damper... raised bars... finally a Honda to ride for the street again and not the just the track.
The "HESD" damper is still there, but hidden.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #35
Zachery
Registered Member

Hodgson was no match for Mladin before and Spies is better than Mladin. So I don't see how Honda is going to win. Bet next year it will be Spies, Mladin and then Tommy Hayden followed by the Kawasakis and then Yamaha in AMA Superbike. If Honda was smart they would have gone after Roger Hayden. Instead of getting WSBK retreads like Hodgson. Heck he didn't even have a ride this year.
Zachery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #36
Zachery
Registered Member

Totally agree seruzawa. When I go into my local dealer which sells both Honda and Suzuki. The majority of the attention goes to Suzuki. They carry far more Suzuki sportbike inventory. I just can't get fired up about any Honda bike right now. Everyone else has at least one bike that is exciting.
Zachery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #37
955tri
Registered Member

Please don't take offense at this question Zachery, as none is intended, but how old are you? I ask because it does certainly seem like the Gixxer is the bike to have for a certain age bracket. As was the case 20 years ago when I was 18, the Suzuki is just a bad-assed bike and has the pedigree to prove it. Anyway, I was just curious, and I agree Honda should've tried to further improve their rider line-up.

Last edited by 955tri : 10-03-2007 at 05:08 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 10-03-2007, 07:22 PM   #38
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Let me tell you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 955tri View Post
Please don't take offense at this question Zachery, as none is intended, but how old are you? I ask because it does certainly seem like the Gixxer is the bike to have for a certain age bracket. As was the case 20 years ago when I was 18, the Suzuki is just a bad-assed bike and has the pedigree to prove it. Anyway, I was just curious, and I agree Honda should've tried to further improve their rider line-up.
... I'm 59 and currently riding a ZRX1100 for my sport ride. But if I were to throw for a race replica my money would go for a GSX750. No question. As far as I'm concerned it's the ultimate street/track day ride. I even still like its styling and color scheme. I couldn't care less that there aren't any 750 racing classes any more. My second choice is the Trumpet675. The 600s and literbikes can go fish.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #39
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I'm 32 and Honda does nothing for me. Their cruiser line is out-dated looking (didn't even know that was possible, but it is), I don't like their sport tourer, I don't like the looks of their sportbikes, Everyone has been waiting for the updated VFR, they dropped the blackbird (which was out-dated but at least interesting). Their standard bikes (that they dropped) were over priced, their DP machine is over priced, and the list goes on.

I can name 3, 4, or even 5 models from every manufacturer that interest me. Honda has zero...unless the release the two retro concept I saw recently.

And what are my interests? Mostly standards, street oriented bikes, cruisers, DPs, adventure bike and after I have one of each, you can throw in a sportbike with comfortable ergos.

I hate Suzuki paint schemes, but I'd take a Vstrom, a naked SV, and the motard they offer.

Last edited by BrowningBAR : 10-04-2007 at 10:30 AM.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:42 PM   #40
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Hey Hey wait for meeeeee, I'm 49 and I don't like Honda's either !!!!!!!!

Seriously, maybe the 599 or 919 would be interesting, but I lost interest in Honda after my VFR and it's BSA like electrical system, fun when it ran, difficult to push when it didn't. At least a Beezer would have been lighter. I think Suzuki owns the street and track and if I was insane enough to actually buy one it would be a Gixxer Thou, however living in the real world of cr*ppy road surfaces, iffy weather and slow and go morning commutes the just don't seem to be much point in owning a 170+ MPH Sportbike. My Bandit and Dyna work much better in my riding enviroment....maybe an R100RT Airhead for the winter..

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote