Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Imagine if the Ninja 250 was a two-stroke!

Great little bike though. Hopefully it will keep the youngsters from buying a ZX10 as their first bike.
I think that burned two-stroke oil you've been inhaling here of late has become addictive.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Default I was commuting home....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Imagine if the Ninja 250 was a two-stroke!

Great little bike though. Hopefully it will keep the youngsters from buying a ZX10 as their first bike.
.... one day a couple of years ago on the Harbor Fwy doing around 75 in the carpool lane. This was before the Governator screwed up the carpool lanes by allowing every envro-wacko an exemption and filled them up so that they are as slow as the regular lanes. I heard a loud bike behind me turning about 50,000 rpm and lo and behold it was some guy on a Ninja 250. As we got further south and the traffic cleared up some I pushed it to 85 and that little freak was still blaring along trying to pass me. Well, I finally let him because I decided that 90 mph was fast enough for me. I'd have loved one of those things when I was a teenager.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:12 PM   #13
nweaver
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nweaver View Post
IN the photos, its a 110/70r17 front (a IRC Road Winner RX-01F), so the front is a 110/70R17, not a 120/70R17.

If you have the original of the side profile photos (the ~8 Megapixel versions Kawasaki PR sent you) you can probably check the rear tire as well.
As a followup:

a) Fix the article. Its a 110/70R17 front, you can see for yourself in the photo of the front.

b) Could someone please post the original side profile photos that Kawasaki sent you? This probably has enough resolution to get the rear.

As a edit/followup: cycleworld reports that the rear is 130/70R17

Last edited by nweaver : 09-25-2007 at 08:22 PM.
nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:28 PM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
.... one day a couple of years ago on the Harbor Fwy doing around 75 in the carpool lane. This was before the Governator screwed up the carpool lanes by allowing every envro-wacko an exemption and filled them up so that they are as slow as the regular lanes. I heard a loud bike behind me turning about 50,000 rpm and lo and behold it was some guy on a Ninja 250. As we got further south and the traffic cleared up some I pushed it to 85 and that little freak was still blaring along trying to pass me. Well, I finally let him because I decided that 90 mph was fast enough for me. I'd have loved one of those things when I was a teenager.
I used to ride on the freeway on my friend's Honda XL100 with the throttle pinned. It could hit 65 with a tailwind!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #15
OhioSteve
Founding Member

Yeah, Kawasaki is making some great bikes right now. I really like the Vulcan 900 custom, the Ninja 650, and the Versys.

The new Ninja 250 looks great, but what the bike really needs is fuel injection. That's invaluable for commuters in cold weather.

The ZX-14r is righteous! So much more comfortable than other sportbikes, and so sexy!
OhioSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:41 AM   #16
pplassm
Founding Member

On KLX250S:
"It's nice to see a relatively little-talked about bike get refinements like these."

Depends on where you go. The '06 and '07 KLX's were very much talked about in Dual Sport circles. Very popular bikes at events. Not sure how the suspension reduction will go over, though. Small people will like it, experienced riders will get something else.

They missed the boat by not using EFI like the '08 Yamaha WR's.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:22 AM   #17
dodogenocide
Registered Member

Why won't they remake the Ninja 500? I've been wanting one for a long time, and I'd like one that didn't look like it came from 1994. Any news as to whether it'll be new next year or not?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:50 AM   #18
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Well, the original plan was to phase out the 500 after the 650R was produced. But they are now on their third year with the 650R and the 500 is still in their line up, so it is hard to say.

The 500 did get a new color scheme, which at first doesn't sound like much, but if you remember the previous color schemes it is much appreciated.

I couldn't imagine that the 500 is anywhere close to being expensive to produce considering it has been unchanged for years. How much could some updated styling and minor tweaks cost at this point?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:15 AM   #19
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post

I got behind some guy on an RD400 a few years ago on the Trophy, (probably Buzz)...I could here this thing wailing along about 15k rpm with open expansion chambers from 1/2 a mile behind. I followed him for a couple of miles 'cause it sounded so cool I was chuckling away watching all these cagers trying figure out what the hell was going on

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:01 AM   #20
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I got behind some guy on an RD400 a few years ago on the Trophy, (probably Buzz)...I could here this thing wailing along about 15k rpm with open expansion chambers from 1/2 a mile behind. I followed him for a couple of miles 'cause it sounded so cool I was chuckling away watching all these cagers trying figure out what the hell was going on
I have a feeling at 15k the RD would be spewing parts at you. It was 7.5k but since it's a two stroke it sounds like 15k!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote