Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Motorcycle disease continues! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6394-motorcycle-disease-continues.html)

Buzglyd 09-18-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 169488)
...for weed-wacker imitations. In fact, that was the name of our motorized bicycle gang "Hell's Weedwackers".

Had a patch and everything...and you don't want to know what a prospect had to do to join...

That company doesn't carry any airfilters that fit. I'm gonna hafta make one out of a sweat sock or something. Any suggestions for filter material?

Ok I'll bite. What's the initiation?

mscuddy 09-18-2007 04:35 PM

Go to a local gun shop..

..buy a tin can of Benjamin .22 Caliber pellets for a pellet gun. The can is a perfect fit for making an air cleaner (that's what was on it when you got it). Cut a hole in the bottom of the can, to fit over the carb mouth, along with two 1/8th inch holes for the screws, and cut a big hole in the screw-top lid, and cover it with some wire mesh. Get some foam rubber for filter material, and bingo, neat lil' air cleaner.

We made prospects ride a flat black rattlecan 1981 450 Suzuki twin with a brown his 'n hers step seat, 6' sissy bar with a Maltese cross, ape hangers, and streamers on the grips for a month of Friday nights through Tujunga, down foothill blvd. If the prospect didn't get beat to death, or shot by the townsfolk who's motto is "it's a black & white world homie" they were in like flynn. Of course then they had to do the "walk of fire" afterwards, but that's another story...

Buzglyd 09-18-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 169492)
..buy a tin can of Benjamin .22 Caliber pellets for a pellet gun. The can is a perfect fit for making an air cleaner (that's what was on it when you got it). Cut a hole in the bottom of the can, to fit over the carb mouth, along with two 1/8th inch holes for the screws, and cut a big hole in the screw-top lid, and cover it with some wire mesh. Get some foam rubber for filter material, and bingo, neat lil' air cleaner.

We made prospects ride a flat black rattlecan 1981 450 Suzuki twin with a brown his 'n hers step seat, 6' sissy bar with a Maltese cross, ape hangers, and streamers on the grips for a month of Friday nights through Tujunga, down foothill blvd. If the prospect didn't get beat to death, or shot by the townsfolk who's motto is "it's a black & white world homie" they were in like flynn. Of course then they had to do the "walk of fire" afterwards, but that's another story...

Well you've exceeded my mechanical ability by about 1000% but at least I know where a gun shop is.

The_AirHawk 09-18-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 169488)
and you don't want to know what a prospect had to do to join...

Did it have something to do with "shaving" a particular body-part, with a particular type of "razor"? :-o