Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Universitee of MO

I've been looking back on the years I've hung out at MO and I've come to realize that this website has been one of great knowledge. I've learned so many things over the years and I am grateful for it. Through MO I've gained knowledge unavailable elsewhere and I bet most of you have too.

For example, I've learned on MO that the motorcycles that kill the most riders are in fact the safest in the world. I've learned that the V-4 motorcycle is the most advanced known to man, even though the last one was dropped from production this year. I've also learned that V-twins are the worst motorcycles to be found even though the sales of them, both cruiser and sport continue to increase. I've learned that steering geometry has nothing to do with trigonometry. I've learned that overpriced bikes with loads of problems requiring incessant expensive maintenance are junk if they are made in America and at the same time paragons of greatness if they are built in Germany.

Then there are less the technical lessons. Who would ever have thought that the French invented the Harley Davidson? Who would ever thought that the Japanese invented the inline-4? Who would ever have thought that the most manly of motorcyclists pull their bikes on trailers and that the pinnacle of coolness involves sex with women on dirty mattresses under overpasses.

Then there are the lessons on life in general. I've learned that motorcycles that I have never seen in junkyards are actually junk. I guess that means that motorcycle junkyards are in fact memorial parks where the greatest bikes ever built rest in eternal glory. I've learned that a greedy personal financial interest means that the govt should be enlisted to regulate everything, even though it regulates virtually nothing successfully. I've learned that the same govt that can't teach children to read or do math must be empowered with the control of my healthcare.

I'm thankful for all I've learned here. I expect to learn much more in the future. Thank you Morons.

It'll be hard to beat the French Harleys though.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Who would ever have thought that the pinnacle of coolness involves sex with women on dirty mattresses under overpasses.
Oh, Puh-leeeze! EVERYBODY knows THAT!

BTW: Tell your Grandmother I can pencil her in for next Thursday at 9:00am. And she'd better not be late again, or it's the Cat-O'-Nine tails this time!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:04 PM   #3
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

What's all this about French Harley Davidsons? I was out all day dropping my Fat Boy every time I came to a stop. I am very tired and my bike is very bruised. This wouldn’t have happened if they would have made these things more powerful! When will those stupid Americans make a proper cruiser with at least a 2000cc motor? When I drop my bike I need it to leave powerful dents. These wimpy dings get no respect.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:21 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
What's all this about French Harley Davidsons?
Wake up! The French invented everything. The rest of us were put on earth to copy their greatness. How long you been here?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:23 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Clousseau: What is your position?
Bellboy: I am a Bellboy.
Clousseau: Well, keep up the good work and I will ensure that you will become a Bellman.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:10 AM   #6
pushrod
Founding Member

Seru,

Have the nice lady give you your little pills...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:36 AM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I've learned that talking about motorcycles is more important than riding them. I've also learned that performance statistics gleaned from an expert rider in optimum conditions is more important than real world performance on the street.

Do I get a diploma?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #8
SmokeU
Registered Member

I've learned that not lusting for the new bike that's 0.001% better than the last years model is blasphemy and that I'm not a real motorcyclist.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:02 AM   #9
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
I've learned that not lusting for the new bike that's 0.001% better than the last years model is blasphemy and that I'm not a real motorcyclist.
Not sure of the first part of what you learned, but the second part is absolutely true! You are no GMP to be sure!
Old 09-18-2007, 11:34 AM   #10
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I've learned that women are supposed to wipe their butts from front to back.