Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-13-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100

Original Article:
2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I've seen it in the flesh and it is a sweet looking bike.

However, my local dealer is not very enamored of Piaggio these days. They are ordering Aprilias and Guzzis on a case by case basis these days.

Apparently Piaggio's customer service is sorely lacking.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:16 AM   #3
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

If I owned a Guzzi, it would be this one. I like every bit of it except the giant exhaust can. A new exhaust and this thing is a keeper.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Tommy can you hear me?

WOWEEE! 95% of the time I'm checking out Motorcycle.com at work, trapped in my cubicle hell. Today I'm off, and this is the first time I've viewed one of the videos on my home computer, which has an excellent sound system. I LOVE hearing the bike. It adds a whole new dimension to the article! The music was great too.

THAT is leveraging the media. Nice job guys, I'm going back and running the other videos. I had no idea what I was missing viewing at work on a laptop with no sound.

Oh yeah, the bike looked neat too.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
zenjim
Registered Member

I'm in love with this bike.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

It's been out for over a year, guys. You're just now getting to a review and the 4v machine is about to hit. My understanding is that the 4v motor 1200cc motor is a much improved over the the current bike. Love the lines. Hate the fact that parts are still hard to come by. If I were to order the bike I would only have two dealers to choose from to service the thing and one (my former employer) won't sell New Guzzi's unless customers put money down first. Like Buz said about his local dealer- "not very enamored of Piaggio these days. They are ordering Aprilias and Guzzis on a case by case basis these days."
Seems like Guzzi is still a crap shoot. I'll keep waiting.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:44 PM   #7
DieselP420
Registered Member

I am smitten by this bike as well, and I'm eating up anything and everything Guzzi these days, which I guess is why I agree that it seems a little long to wait for a review by my gold standard of motorcycle internet goodness. It was worth the wait though. However, the new guys in charge need to get their news department in swing, the only mention of the 1200 8V (that hopefully will be on it's way soon) is at a small blurb at the bottom of the article that simply calls it a new color option and wave rotors!?!?! Nothing about the revolutionary (for Guzzi) motor or anything. And another thing they seemed to ignore is the fact that the heat from the "oh so cool" side mounted oil cooler melts the finned plastic cover and completely spoils the lines on the right side of the bike. It draws my eye in every shot of that side. I think that's a pretty big deal that the factory couldn't figure out a solution for that for a bike costing over $13K. It's not the first time I've seen this happen on the Griso, either, so it's clearly not an individual bike flaw. Still think it's sweet though and I'm holding out for the 8V. Hope they get a better plastic cover by then.
DieselP420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #8
Gritboy
Founding Member

Damn sexy. Sat on one at the dealership, but my knees hit the cylinder heads, so no Guzzi for me.
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:48 PM   #9
V2Rider
Premium Member

Nice bike up though I really don't care for the two into one exhaust.
V2Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:45 PM   #10
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Funny you should say that

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
Nice bike up though I really don't care for the two into one exhaust.
I was looking at the photos and thinking excatly the same thing. The exhaust sucks (pun intended). Somebody in one of the print mags said the high mount can mufflers look dated and clumsy, and I agree. Underseat cans look better, but the Buell-style as in the 1125R look better to me all the time.