Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-18-2007, 01:16 PM   #81
wallace666
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
You are committing a fashion crime. Why are you wearing HD branded anything? I'm sure you could have found a superior Japanese product at a lower price that looked just like it!
Why do I have HD brand boots? Because I rode my Shovelhead down to the dealership a few years ago for parts, when I walked in they had some nice boots on sale 1/2 off. So I bought'm, only way you can tell they're HD is the orange logo on the bottom. Not very flattering for HD, everytime I step in dog or horse shyt, it sticks to the logo. hahaha

Your a funny guy, I'm not playing a pro Jap or HD game here. I've owned and enjoyed both as well as a couple of Italian and Brit bikes. In my current search for a new bike, HD just doesn't measure up. I can see your very emotional about all this, as if your life or self image depends on the good fight for HD. It's misguided and misplaced here on this thread, I would say most wanted to talk about the Raider, not your pitiful diatribe on HD being the real deal.

The only HD that interests me is the Screamin Eagle Spinger Softail. The Screamin Eagle bikes are the only HD's that barely compete with the other large bore offerings from Japan. Dealerships are marking them up to $29.000+, then add on all the dealer charges and taxes. To that add the facts that the 107 cu in engine is having rear cylinder overheating issues(grenade time), and the cam issues have not been properly worked out of the twin cam motors.(20k miles bang) You want to tell me why it would make sense to sh-t about $35,000 plus on an inferior piece of crap like that?

If we were going to talk real motorcycle talk, I would think a Jap Raider blowing by a $30,000+ HD Screaming Eagle would answer which bike is not a "fake" motorcycle. What you don't get is that not everyone needs a $30,000+ d-ck extension. Are they CopyKat bikes, or or just a flat superior way to skin a HDKat?
wallace666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2007, 01:23 PM   #82
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace666 View Post
Why do I have HD brand boots? Because I rode my Shovelhead down to the dealership a few years ago for parts, when I walked in they had some nice boots on sale 1/2 off. So I bought'm, only way you can tell they're HD is the orange logo on the bottom. Not very flattering for HD, everytime I step in dog or horse shyt, it sticks to the logo. hahaha

Your a funny guy, I'm not playing a pro Jap or HD game here. I've owned and enjoyed both as well as a couple of Italian and Brit bikes. In my current search for a new bike, HD just doesn't measure up. I can see your very emotional about all this, as if your life or self image depends on the good fight for HD. It's misguided and misplaced here on this thread, I would say most wanted to talk about the Raider, not your pitiful diatribe on HD being the real deal.

The only HD that interests me is the Screamin Eagle Spinger Softail. The Screamin Eagle bikes are the only HD's that barely compete with the other large bore offerings from Japan. Dealerships are marking them up to $29.000+, then add on all the dealer charges and taxes. To that add the facts that the 107 cu in engine is having rear cylinder overheating issues(grenade time), and the cam issues have not been properly worked out of the twin cam motors.(20k miles bang) You want to tell me why it would make sense to sh-t about $35,000 plus on an inferior piece of crap like that?

If we were going to talk real motorcycle talk, I would think a Jap Raider blowing by a $30,000+ HD Screaming Eagle would answer which bike is not a "fake" motorcycle. What you don't get is that not everyone needs a $30,000+ d-ck extension. Are they CopyKat bikes, or or just a flat superior way to skin a HDKat?
You could buy a stock VRod and hose the Raider if you really wanted to.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #83
wallace666
Registered Member

Quote:
Dude, you blew a gasket because you like copycat motorcycles. You don't want to ride with me? Geez, I'm all broke up now. Where can I find someone that likes copycat motorcycles to ride with now? I guess I'll have to ride my inferior Harley all by myself. The shame of it all. I love how people get all worked up and make up shyt that I said just to PROVE once and for all their bike isn't a fake. If you like fakes it's cool with me. Just quit making up excuses!
Well Bubba, I wouldn't ride with you for another reason, spending the whole day waiting on your antique slow azz, then spending hours on the side of the road with you ain't what I call going for a ride. I'd suggest you ride with Virago 250's, that's about the pace yer at. hahahahaha This is fun, shall we keep it up??
Old 09-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #84
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'm not as emotional about this as you think. I just call em as I see em. I have owned more Japanese bikes than I have Harleys. I bet my Shovelhead is better than yours anyway!
Old 09-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #85
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Well Bubba, I wouldn't ride with you for another reason, spending the whole day waiting on your antique slow azz, then spending hours on the side of the road with you ain't what I call going for a ride. I'd suggest you ride with Virago 250's, that's about the pace yer at. hahahahaha This is fun, shall we keep it up??
Sure. Is speed what it's about now? If it is your slow ass cruiser will get waxed by any sportbike at 250cc and above. When did how fast something goes determine anything. I guess a Hayabusa will beat your Raider, don't ya think? Still wanna play?
Old 09-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #86
wallace666
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
You could buy a stock VRod and hose the Raider if you really wanted to.
VRod is different engine model than the air cooled Raider and big twin HD's.

HD VRod against Yami VMax is fair though, VRod loses that game. Done it, seen it..........You really want to brag about a German engined American bike? Seems to go against the "Real Deal" factor.....
Old 09-18-2007, 01:39 PM   #87
tvrides
Registered Member

Quote:
Good for Fonda! But he still rode a Panhead in Easy Rider.
He also rode a blue Panhead chopper with springer front-end in The Wild Angels. In fact, I saw that bike (or a replica) at the Movieland Wax Museum back in May of 1981.

Quote:
I rode a Hayabusa for most of this year. Does that make me something special?
Yes, it'll definately get you special attention from the LEOs.

Quote:
All the outcry is from the guys that can't admit what this bike is. They will cry about Harley this and Harley that until the sun sets, but at the end of the day, Yamaha built a fake company to promote copycat motorcycles that Harley made famous and in turn made them famous.
This is almost like the industrial-military complex fighting off the draft dodgers.

Quote:
The other clone companies are the same as Star. They were formed to cash in on the Harley Cash Cow.
There's no disputing that. Used to ride Triumph 650/750 twins from 1968-1980 (also owned 1975 FLH1200) and wasn't too impressed when the Yamaha XS650 debuted in 1970. What's more, the local Triumph dealership added a Yamaha franchise, and the mechanics there advised me to replace my '67 Triumph 650 Trophy with a new XS650 because they were sick and tired of working on Triumphs after the Yamaha proved to be a hellva lot more reliable.

Quote:
My prediction: When Harley falters and cruisers become uncool, Yamaha and the others clones will abandon ship in a big hurry. The process has already begun. They never wanted to make this crap in the first place, but if the money is green I doubt they care what they have to copy to make it.
Am not convinced that the process has begun as there's even more metric cruisers available now than ever before. And, what's more, Harley is doing a nice job with the more affordable Sportster range. The Dyna Fat Boy and the 6 gallon tanks on the touring models are sweet. We'll have to wait and see. Anything is possible.

Am looking forward to seeing the new Triumph 1500cc Parallel Twin next month.

Last edited by tvrides : 09-18-2007 at 01:41 PM.
tvrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:40 PM   #88
wallace666
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm not as emotional about this as you think. I just call em as I see em. I have owned more Japanese bikes than I have Harleys. I bet my Shovelhead is better than yours anyway!
HAHA, yours is better than mine?? I sold mine a while back to a buddy, he's put 15,000 more miles on it, damn good ol' bike, I built it right. Geez, I think were down to the level where I should say "your momma wears combat boots", or my favorite, "your momma swims after troop ships"! Oh man, the gutter is an ugly place.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #89
wallace666
Registered Member

Quote:
Sure. Is speed what it's about now? If it is your slow ass cruiser will get waxed by any sportbike at 250cc and above. When did how fast something goes determine anything. I guess a Hayabusa will beat your Raider, don't ya think? Still wanna play?
A Virago 250cc isn't a sport bike. I think your a counterfeit motorcyclist, you really don't know what your talking about. Does your teacher know this is what your doing on the school computer??
Old 09-18-2007, 01:43 PM   #90
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
HAHA, yours is better than mine?? I sold mine a while back to a buddy, he's put 15,000 more miles on it, damn good ol' bike, I built it right. Geez, I think were down to the level where I should say "your momma wears combat boots", or my favorite, "your momma swims after troop ships"! Oh man, the gutter is an ugly place.
Your momma wears fake Harley boots! At least mine wears the real thing!