Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #101
wallace666
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Haven't seen one FatBoy here for under 9 grand. If there was a 7500 buck one here, it probably has a blown engine or very close to one. Cheap Shovels are to be had for sure. I wouldn't mind picking one up and have two. You are missing the real bargains. Used sport bikes. I have my eye on a ZX-11 with 10,000 miles for 3 grand. Easily the most bang for the buck I have ever seen. Looks cherry too. Unfortunately, my license took a BIG hit riding that damned Hayabusa. It's crack on wheels! I buy cruisers to cruise. After riding sport bikes, the 'Power Cruiser' thing doesn't do anything for me.
I check the three areas of Craigslist near me every morning with coffee. It's kind of a ritual. I hear you on the sportbikes, I'm amazed every day at what you can get. If a guy is low on money or needs a second bike toy that won't hurt the budget, there are some serious deals! I had a sport bike, well an Italian version, a Moto Guzzi Lemans. Loved that bike, sold it because I couldn't handle the clip-ons anymore. I have spine injuries so those kind of bikes are not an option anymore.

Check this out, it's just a few day slice of one small area near me:
sacramento craigslist > motorcycles/scooters: search for "fatboy"

What area are you in?
wallace666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2007, 07:26 AM   #102
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace666 View Post
I check the three areas of Craigslist near me every morning with coffee. It's kind of a ritual. I hear you on the sportbikes, I'm amazed every day at what you can get. If a guy is low on money or needs a second bike toy that won't hurt the budget, there are some serious deals! I had a sport bike, well an Italian version, a Moto Guzzi Lemans. Loved that bike, sold it because I couldn't handle the clip-ons anymore. I have spine injuries so those kind of bikes are not an option anymore.

Check this out, it's just a few day slice of one small area near me:
sacramento craigslist > motorcycles/scooters: search for "fatboy"

What area are you in?
I live in the Chicago area. I search Craigslist here every day too. I bought and sold 3 bikes through there already. It's the best. Cheap Harleys are non existant here though, cept Shovels.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:14 AM   #103
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Hey hey, you guys are getting a little too civil with each other here, before you know it you'll be taking showers together. Now let's get back in our corners and remember your positions. On one side we have "Harley's Best F*ck The Rest" and on the other side we have "Yamaha's superior engineering and manufacturing process makes it the obvious choice"....

When the bell rings, come out typing

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:04 AM   #104
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Hey hey, you guys are getting a little too civil with each other here, before you know it you'll be taking showers together. Now let's get back in our corners and remember your positions. On one side we have "Harley's Best F*ck The Rest" and on the other side we have "Yamaha's superior engineering and manufacturing process makes it the obvious choice"....

When the bell rings, come out typing
Ahhh shadaap you Harley loving freak!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:25 AM   #105
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Ahhh shadaap you Harley loving freak!

That's more like it!, now go slap your boyfriend, it'll make you feel better

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:25 AM   #106
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

"Star is a fake company that makes copycat motorcycles. Their fake tough-guy riders deserve no more 'kudos' or respect than that of any other brand."

What brand of motorcycle he rides doesn't make a guy any more or less tough. That has to do with [fighting] proficiency, shape (fitness), size, weight, and attitude. Or are you just referring to the commercials? Personally, the guys I tend to have the least respect for are the fat guys who ride in the reclined position on any cruiser, whether it's a Harley or a metric cruiser. They're about on par with the young squids who drag/wheelie from every light on their ubiquitous 600cc GSX-R's. Of course, if I were young and stupid or fat and reclined on a cruiser, I'd have different opinion
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:33 AM   #107
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Trenttheunthinkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
"Star is a fake company that makes copycat motorcycles. Their fake tough-guy riders deserve no more 'kudos' or respect than that of any other brand."

What brand of motorcycle he rides doesn't make a guy any more or less tough. That has to do with [fighting] proficiency, shape (fitness), size, weight, and attitude. Or are you just referring to the commercials? Personally, the guys I tend to have the least respect for are the fat guys who ride in the reclined position on any cruiser, whether it's a Harley or a metric cruiser. They're about on par with the young squids who drag/wheelie from every light on their ubiquitous 600cc GSX-R's. Of course, if I were young and stupid or fat and reclined on a cruiser, I'd have different opinion
You idiot. Miatas make you gay and Harleys make you a tough guy. Everybody knows that.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:43 AM   #108
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
Of course, if I were young and stupid or fat and reclined on a cruiser, I'd have different opinion
Maybe you are just stupid.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #109
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Firefighters use forklift to move 900-lb. man - CNN.com

They should have brought a Harley...
Old 09-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #110
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Firefighters use forklift to move 900-lb. man - CNN.com