Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2007 Air-Cooled Twins Naked Comparo (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6323-2007-air-cooled-twins-naked-comparo.html)

Administrator 09-06-2007 05:41 PM

2007 Air-Cooled Twins Naked Comparo

Original Article:
2007 Air-Cooled Twins Naked Comparo

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2007 Air-Cooled Twins Naked Comparo in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

mscuddy 09-06-2007 06:08 PM

WTF happened to all the pictures? Is MO a braile based publication now? Ah nutz...back to my tankert of grog...urp...

sfcdjevans 09-06-2007 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 168772)
WTF happened to all the pictures? Is MO a braile based publication now? Ah nutz...back to my tankert of grog...urp...

Very happy to see it wasn't just me. Wish I had read this though before I messed with all of the computer settings.

Timely write up. If I don't lose my job on the 15th these are the bikes I'm looking at. Or just keep the ninja and get a klr as well, or develop a 5 gallon fuel tank for the klx, or....

ps disappointed to hear that only the sport Strada will be available in the future

seruzawa 09-06-2007 08:44 PM

So, KP was Pete all along, eh?

nweaver 09-06-2007 09:02 PM

How about a little honesty about the Buell engine...

"The engine is uninspiring below 4500 rpm but has torque and power everywhere else."

Uhh, that is, up to the 7.1k redline.

You know, this is like saying
"The R6 engine is uninspiring below 10K RPM but has torque and power everywhere else"

The Buell aircooled engine, as I've always said, is a PEAKY engine. THe fraction of the RPM range that it generates power is no better than a 600 supersport.

A wethead Ulysseus would be wonderful, and I'd hope for one in 2009. But that engine and transmission is a dog.

ironoxide 09-07-2007 04:24 AM

Where's the pictures Motorcycle.com? Please fix it soon.

BrowningBAR 09-07-2007 06:13 AM

"Photo" Button

If you scroll all the way to the bottom you can click on the "Photo" button and see all of the photos for the article.

Yeas, for some reason the photo links throughout the article are broken, but you can find all of those photos inside the "Photo" section until the broken links are corrected.

sarnali2 09-07-2007 07:15 AM

Good God, B-bar change your sig and picture, that was one of the very few movies that well and truly creeped me out

And there you are living in an old farmhouse?.....hmmmm...big barn or basement no doubt eh?.......hmmmm

Kenneth_Moore 09-07-2007 07:29 AM

An excellent comparo, I enjoyed reading it. No big surprises in how the bikes did overall. It's a shame though that Guzzi can't take their bikes up a notch or two. They have a terrific corporate history, and there's a lot I like about them. I've always thought their engine configuration is just plain cool. But Guzzi is like a bridge that goes almost all the way across the river...doesn't matter how close it gets or how nice it is, until the bridge hits the other shore nobody really cares.

BrowningBAR 09-07-2007 07:39 AM

Clarice Starling: Mr. Gordon, good, uh... well Frederica used to work for Mrs. Lippman. Did you know her?

Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: No, nuh-uh. Oh wait... was she a great big fat person?

Clarice Starling: Yeah she was a big girl, sir.