Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #11
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Serious Fun

Oddly, it seemed as if you guys weren't overwelmed with any of the bikes. I have riden all of them and, although, the Ducati is not to my personal liking it stands out in this pack as the best overall machine. The Uly with its new improvements doesn't seem to have the punch it needs to play in the bunch, too me. The Beemer, as you said, feels vauge and with the extra weight I seem to be carrying these days that's not a good thing. I won't even "go there" with the Breva. It's new Adventure touring model sibling that's about to be released seems to be a better fit for this bunch. Anyway, nice write up guys and fix that d@mn picture problem before these guys lose it.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Good God, B-bar change your sig and picture, that was one of the very few movies that well and truly creeped me out

And there you are living in an old farmhouse?.....hmmmm...big barn or basement no doubt eh?.......hmmmm
There's a torn "The Hills Have Eyes" poster on the wall and all sorts of chains hanging from the ceiling......
Old 09-07-2007, 11:09 AM   #13
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
There's a torn "The Hills Have Eyes" poster on the wall and all sorts of chains hanging from the ceiling......

Oddly shaped metal clamps and tools, some serrated.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:10 AM   #14
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

"Pete contemplates this comparo, asking himself, "How did I get roped into writing another multi-bike shootout?""

Pete, I'm available at fairly short notice for this type of work. You've suffered enough, and I'm ready to man up and step in for you.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:07 PM   #15
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default It's about time!

It's about time! I have been patiently waiting for this type of review for years. For me, I was on the fence between the Multistrada and the Ulysses. The day before this article was released, I decided to go for the Ulysses because it just plain fits me better, oh... and the almost non-existent maintenance requirements. Nice article, guys!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:47 PM   #16
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default I hope you got a good one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
It's about time! I have been patiently waiting for this type of review for years. For me, I was on the fence between the Multistrada and the Ulysses. The day before this article was released, I decided to go for the Ulysses because it just plain fits me better, oh... and the almost non-existent maintenance requirements. Nice article, guys!
...because my City X was trouble from day one. After 5K miles the top end got all carboned up, had to be replaced (?!?) and shortly thereafter, I got stuck in the grill of an SUV, and almost got replaced myself.

So good luck. They are neat bikes, dem Bools.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:15 PM   #17
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

I'm believing in the best (as I have not taken delivery of it yet). My main concern is getting it serviced when necessary. I seem to see consistent comments regarding second-rate service from dealerships that would rather sell Harleys that service existing customers. We'll see.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #18
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

"Grab yer ankles an' take yer Servicin' like a MAN.......!"
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:48 PM   #19
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

What are you ridin' on?

Damn, you're never supposed to end a sentence with a preposition!

On what are you ridin'?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:14 AM   #20
ofreen
Registered Member

Default Yikes

Jeez, the various BMW R-R models used to be relative bargains. Now they are 13 grand and up and a center stand is extra? Why, that's just silly. All these bikes are over-priced for what you get.

Nice review, though.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote