Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-28-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Default Found this today...

Extreme-Scooters.com - Motor Scooters - Electric Scooters - Gas Scooters, Major Name Brand Scooters - ATV's - Mopeds for less">

Does anyone know anything about these bikes? for less than 2 grand seems like the things they sell could be good beginner bikes.

Extreme-Scooters - VISION 250cc R3 Motorcycle MiniBike Hog Chopper -buy online store

I really like that one, 200cc, kick start, 5 speed tranny.

Sort of an interesting place, the Whizzer motorbikes look really cool as well, wouldn't mind riding around the neighborhood on one.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2007, 11:20 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

If you do some searching around the net you'll find loads of horror stories about the terrible quality of Lifan and other Chinese imports. I'd exercise extreme caution about buying a bike that's as cheap as these. They are cheap for a reason. And it isn't all labor costs.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:29 PM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default F China

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
If you do some searching around the net you'll find loads of horror stories about the terrible quality of Lifan and other Chinese imports. I'd exercise extreme caution about buying a bike that's as cheap as these. They are cheap for a reason. And it isn't all labor costs.
I'm so sick of China and their unfair trade. They dump their crap on the US (and we lick it up) and meanwhile add a 30% duty to any imported products. They're f'ing us, and we're bending over and taking it.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I'm so sick of China and their unfair trade. They dump their crap on the US (and we lick it up) and meanwhile add a 30% duty to any imported products. They're f'ing us, and we're bending over and taking it.

I hear that! I rode a spanky new 150cc dirt bike from China a couple years ago and decided I'd rather have a 15-20 year old Jap dirt bike before buying a Chinese one.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:44 PM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Don't blame China.

Quote:
Blame our own govt trade "negotiators". If someone offered me the sort of deals the US does I'd jump at 'em.

I say, place the same restrictions on China, Japan. etc. that they do on us. All Japanese cars have to be dismantled and safety inspected before being sold. Korean vehicles have to be assembled here. France pays 50% tariff on wines.... etc etc.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #6
findangle
Founding Member

I used to have a sundiro roadrunner.. Honda's Chinese market rebel 125. It was rather poorly made and wasn't really worth it..

that extreme scooters guy (yes dave.. im talking to you) is a real deadbeat too..

i spent $470 on parts for my chinese wonder scoot and they never showed up.. once i started asking for my money back he stopped responding to me..

you get what you pay for (and in my case not even that)..
findangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Default You can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by findangle View Post
I used to have a sundiro roadrunner.. Honda's Chinese market rebel 125. It was rather poorly made and wasn't really worth it..

that extreme scooters guy (yes dave.. im talking to you) is a real deadbeat too..

i spent $470 on parts for my chinese wonder scoot and they never showed up.. once i started asking for my money back he stopped responding to me..

...go to the Post Office and make a mail fraud complaint if he's using the mails. And if he's operating over State lines you can make a complaint to the FBI. Too many of these clowns get away with major larceny because everyone goes, "Oh well."
Old 08-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #8
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Default well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by findangle View Post

I'll avoid him and the bikes he sells... maybe i can convince my grandfather to give me his CL100
Old 08-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #9
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
I'll avoid him and the bikes he sells... maybe i can convince my grandfather to give me his CL100
With that pavement-pounding 11.5 hp, you might want think twice!
Old 08-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #10
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
With that pavement-pounding 11.5 hp, you might want think twice!
Rode it for years on the back streets up around our cabin, no its not something to put on the high way but i work at one end of a two lane rode and live about 25 miles the other way... I don't know, anything i can do to get on two wheels is a good thing, we recently ran into a financial brick wall and, well, lets just say i won't be buying anything more than a grand or so for a while.

Stupid question, is it possible to put a CR125 engine into in a CL100 frame?