Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #11
newagetwotone
Registered Member

hell i could try and jimmy this in there GX670

:-p
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Never forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
hell i could try and jimmy this in there GX670

:-p
In the immortal words of John Carpenter: "You can't polish a turd."
Old 08-30-2007, 03:30 PM   #13
subwoofer
Registered Member

i have seen and rode a V3 and V5... one of my friends opened up a shop here in Western Mass... seels mostly 50-250cc scooters and 250cc bikes.... now the V3 & V5 for being automatics are not that all that bad for what they are.. and being a an area with 5 colleges in a 15miles radius... he has not had any real complaints about them from his customers... his only complaints are: the crating of the bikes and scooters leaves a lot to be desired and 7 out of 10 need to have the carbs removed and cleaned before they will even run right... needless to say 10-20 min for carb work is all it takes him now on each bike.

but like i said it is a 5 college area and the V3 & V5 keep them happy if they dont get a scooter... esp with the built in radio with mp3 hookup and being automatics (all girls college under a mile away.. they are book smart but dont get the concept or dont care to learn about shifting)
subwoofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:02 AM   #14
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofer View Post
i have seen and rode a V3 and V5... one of my friends opened up a shop here in Western Mass... seels mostly 50-250cc scooters and 250cc bikes.... now the V3 & V5 for being automatics are not that all that bad for what they are.. and being a an area with 5 colleges in a 15miles radius... he has not had any real complaints about them from his customers... his only complaints are: the crating of the bikes and scooters leaves a lot to be desired and 7 out of 10 need to have the carbs removed and cleaned before they will even run right... needless to say 10-20 min for carb work is all it takes him now on each bike.

but like i said it is a 5 college area and the V3 & V5 keep them happy if they dont get a scooter... esp with the built in radio with mp3 hookup and being automatics (all girls college under a mile away.. they are book smart but dont get the concept or dont care to learn about shifting)
Any idea how much he charges for them? I like the look of those but that "extreme scooters" place has no prices.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:34 AM   #15
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

WTF, I got a link to a Honda industrial engine add. B&S Vanguards are more better (since they have a Tillotson carb, with adj. main jet).
Old 08-31-2007, 08:48 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Anything is possible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Rode it for years on the back streets up around our cabin, no its not something to put on the high way but i work at one end of a two lane rode and live about 25 miles the other way... I don't know, anything i can do to get on two wheels is a good thing, we recently ran into a financial brick wall and, well, lets just say i won't be buying anything more than a grand or so for a while.

Stupid question, is it possible to put a CR125 engine into in a CL100 frame?
... with an acetylene rig and enough JB Weld.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:22 AM   #17
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
With that pavement-pounding 11.5 hp, you might want think twice!
It had THAT much? Hell, it felt like no more than 8 or 9 riding mine.

Speaking of which, I have this old CL100 frame (it may be a CB - Mem'ry. Same-same.) at my Dad's, and most of a spare engine. Free to good home - you pick up (Southwest MO).
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:40 AM   #18
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
It had THAT much? Hell, it felt like no more than 8 or 9 riding mine.

Speaking of which, I have this old CL100 frame (it may be a CB - Mem'ry. Same-same.) at my Dad's, and most of a spare engine. Free to good home - you pick up (Southwest MO).
I actually have an old CB frame with an old CB engine, the engine runs and idles but the bike needs a throttle, clutch, clutch cable, horn, fenders, tires and grips and on top of that the key is snapped in the ignition from a sharp meeting with a tree.