Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #11
newagetwotone
Registered Member
 
newagetwotone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,302
Default

hell i could try and jimmy this in there GX670

:-p
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default Never forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
hell i could try and jimmy this in there GX670

:-p
In the immortal words of John Carpenter: "You can't polish a turd."
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:30 PM   #13
subwoofer
Registered Member
 
subwoofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Western Mass
Posts: 5
Default

i have seen and rode a V3 and V5... one of my friends opened up a shop here in Western Mass... seels mostly 50-250cc scooters and 250cc bikes.... now the V3 & V5 for being automatics are not that all that bad for what they are.. and being a an area with 5 colleges in a 15miles radius... he has not had any real complaints about them from his customers... his only complaints are: the crating of the bikes and scooters leaves a lot to be desired and 7 out of 10 need to have the carbs removed and cleaned before they will even run right... needless to say 10-20 min for carb work is all it takes him now on each bike.

but like i said it is a 5 college area and the V3 & V5 keep them happy if they dont get a scooter... esp with the built in radio with mp3 hookup and being automatics (all girls college under a mile away.. they are book smart but dont get the concept or dont care to learn about shifting)
subwoofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:02 AM   #14
newagetwotone
Registered Member
 
newagetwotone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofer View Post
i have seen and rode a V3 and V5... one of my friends opened up a shop here in Western Mass... seels mostly 50-250cc scooters and 250cc bikes.... now the V3 & V5 for being automatics are not that all that bad for what they are.. and being a an area with 5 colleges in a 15miles radius... he has not had any real complaints about them from his customers... his only complaints are: the crating of the bikes and scooters leaves a lot to be desired and 7 out of 10 need to have the carbs removed and cleaned before they will even run right... needless to say 10-20 min for carb work is all it takes him now on each bike.

but like i said it is a 5 college area and the V3 & V5 keep them happy if they dont get a scooter... esp with the built in radio with mp3 hookup and being automatics (all girls college under a mile away.. they are book smart but dont get the concept or dont care to learn about shifting)
Any idea how much he charges for them? I like the look of those but that "extreme scooters" place has no prices.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:34 AM   #15
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

 
mscuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Next to my still checkin the temp.
Posts: 5,448
Default

WTF, I got a link to a Honda industrial engine add. B&S Vanguards are more better (since they have a Tillotson carb, with adj. main jet).
__________________
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:48 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default Anything is possible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Rode it for years on the back streets up around our cabin, no its not something to put on the high way but i work at one end of a two lane rode and live about 25 miles the other way... I don't know, anything i can do to get on two wheels is a good thing, we recently ran into a financial brick wall and, well, lets just say i won't be buying anything more than a grand or so for a while.

Stupid question, is it possible to put a CR125 engine into in a CL100 frame?
... with an acetylene rig and enough JB Weld.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:22 AM   #17
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
With that pavement-pounding 11.5 hp, you might want think twice!
It had THAT much? Hell, it felt like no more than 8 or 9 riding mine.

Speaking of which, I have this old CL100 frame (it may be a CB - Mem'ry. Same-same.) at my Dad's, and most of a spare engine. Free to good home - you pick up (Southwest MO).
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:40 AM   #18
newagetwotone
Registered Member
 
newagetwotone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
It had THAT much? Hell, it felt like no more than 8 or 9 riding mine.

Speaking of which, I have this old CL100 frame (it may be a CB - Mem'ry. Same-same.) at my Dad's, and most of a spare engine. Free to good home - you pick up (Southwest MO).
I actually have an old CB frame with an old CB engine, the engine runs and idles but the bike needs a throttle, clutch, clutch cable, horn, fenders, tires and grips and on top of that the key is snapped in the ignition from a sharp meeting with a tree.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off