Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   “How to Ride a Motorcycle” Book Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6263-how-ride-motorcycle-book-review.html)

Administrator 08-27-2007 06:25 PM

“How to Ride a Motorcycle” Book Review

Original Article:
“How to Ride a Motorcycle” Book Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article “How to Ride a Motorcycle” Book Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

pdad13 08-27-2007 08:41 PM

Cheesebeast's real name is Leif? Merryfield?

Come on.

pdad13 08-27-2007 08:42 PM

All kidding aside, good stuff. Keep it coming.

Cheesebeast 08-28-2007 08:56 AM

"Leif" was a rough name to grow up with. This time of year was the worst. The first day of school, and the usual chorus: "Leaf? Like on a tree? Bwhahahaha!" "What is your brother named, Shrub?" On and on. Then Fall came around, and a fresh crop of leaf jokes.

I was named after a viking, which is pretty cool. Unfortunately "leif" translates into "beloved" in Norse. Figures...

Kenneth_Moore 08-28-2007 09:24 AM

Is this thing on?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheesebeast (Post 168347)
"Leif" was a rough name to grow up with. This time of year was the worst. The first day of school, and the usual chorus: "Leaf? Like on a tree? Bwhahahaha!" "What is your brother named, Shrub?" On and on. Then Fall came around, and a fresh crop of leaf jokes.

I was named after a viking, which is pretty cool. Unfortunately "leif" translates into "beloved" in Norse. Figures...

I thought you were going to say the kids asked you: "So, is your last name "Blower?"

I'll be here all week. Try the veal, it's exquisite tonight.

Kenneth_Moore 08-28-2007 09:30 AM

PS: I feel your pain. I can't tell you how many times I heard some variation of the "KenMore" washer/dryer joke. And every damn one of them thought they'd just thought it up.

The_AirHawk 08-28-2007 10:45 AM

That's nothing. Try "Creech" on for size sometime.

The_AirHawk 08-28-2007 10:48 AM

Almost forgot:

Nice review. I'll probably add this one to my library, if only to loan it to friends I can't convince that Motorcycling is Dangerous and a really Bad Idea.

seruzawa 08-28-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheesebeast (Post 168347)

Sven: How's it going Oly?

Oly: Hey Sven. I got a new snowmobile for my wife!

Sven: Hey Oly, that's a good trade if you can do it.

Cheesebeast 08-28-2007 11:26 AM

I wouldn't trade my name now. I have too much ridicule equity invested in it.

I would trade it for Spartacus, though. SPARTACUS! Table for six for SPARTACUS!

That would be wicked awesome.