Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-16-2007, 10:06 AM   #11
bbtowns
Founding Member

It's a damn good looking bike, wish I could get my wife to decide to ride one. That's not going well. Your highs and lows sure seem inane in the article. "People think you have more money than you do", well not those who know their head from their ass. If impressing people by making them think you rich is your thing, you're incredibly shallow. I'd love to see a dyno for this bike.
bbtowns is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #12
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I'm still chuckling about how motorcycles that are faster and more powerful than any bike available when I started riding in 1964 are now considered "beginner's bikes".
Funny how that works, huh? I'm sure Ford II thought the same thing when the Mustang was introduced as a Pony Car. Compare that to a Flathead V-8 and it looks like something you'd take to the Salt Flats.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #13
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I'm still chuckling about how motorcycles that are faster and more powerful than any bike available when I started riding in 1964 are now considered "beginner's bikes".
Well, at least the guy in your Avatar photo finally managed to get-across the desert and hoist a well-deserved Brew...........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:39 PM   #14
rpt
Registered Member

I don't know about you guys, but I just rode a used multistrada (40.000 km, 2 years) and a 2005 S4R with 6.000 km in Porto, Portugal and I loved the S4R (2nd gear wheelies, uau, in front of the hospital, just in case) but if it ages so badly as the multistrada you must have real deep pockets to buy a Ducati. Not to speak from parts & logistic "It's not the same year, but it will do"...

I love the multistrada since day one, but very few bikes beat the quality build of my '00 VFR Fi.

So when I see this article I just though to myself "why the f**k am I thinking of getting one, even abused ???

To say the truth, this year in Spain MotoGP in Jerez, I saw the must abused piece of machinery (rolling). It was a 749R, without rear brake and with grooves 2 mm deep in front disks; and the owner just came, plug the key, hit the starter and went.
Leaking.
It was yellow. And everybody was talking (both ends of the rope) about that Ducati...

But the S4R, uau.
rpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #15
rpt
Registered Member

I realy do hate this new Look & Feel.
Can't edit my post !

Or is it just me playing dumb ???
Old 08-16-2007, 05:43 PM   #16
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

RPT, you ok over there? Either English became your second language all of a sudden or you've been hitting the sauce. Either way, that was a tough read.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:53 PM   #17
mugwump58
Registered Member

Default Rumour

A new generation of Monsters unveiled in Milan this November? The S4R gone? Will Yossef be there?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:46 AM   #18
rpt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
RPT, you ok over there? Either English became your second language all of a sudden or you've been hitting the sauce. Either way, that was a tough read.
sorry ?
I tend to have these glimpses of posting madness. The site doesn't helps anyway ?
Is my english that bad ?
Old 08-17-2007, 05:10 AM   #19
anrajala
Founding Member

One of the highs mentioned is "Historic racing pedigree" my arse. Do some losers really suck to this BS? In reality you pay 1800 over (a far superior) SV and what you get is a lumpy gearbox, abrupt clutch and lousy injection. POS in short. Sure you can make it run but why wouldn't you buy a quality product to start with?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:49 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
One of the highs mentioned is "Historic racing pedigree" my arse. Do some losers really suck to this BS? In reality you pay 1800 over (a far superior) SV and what you get is a lumpy gearbox, abrupt clutch and lousy injection. POS in short. Sure you can make it run but why wouldn't you buy a quality product to start with?

- cruiz-euro
Easily one of the funniest posts of the year, coming form a guy that rides a Harley FatBoy!