Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-16-2007, 12:46 AM   #21
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The fact is since Soichiro died Honda has become a car company.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2007, 07:28 AM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
The fact is since Soichiro died Honda has become a car company.
However Kawasaki Heavy Industries is nearly as big as Honda but still manages to allow its m/c division some autonomy.

Although I can see the car guys having the idiotic presumption that their knowledge of cars somehow translates to running a motorcycle division.

Not just Honda but BMW is in the process of messing with its dealers. Apparently BMW doesn't want to be represented by Ma and Pa operations any more. Gotta all be slick high class snobby dealerships now.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:56 AM   #23
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Apparently BMW doesn't want to be represented by Ma and Pa operations any more. Gotta all be slick high class snobby dealerships now.
You mean they weren't before?? I have a friend that just bought a 1200R here in Chicago. There are only 2 dealers in Illinois near here. He wen to one dealer and he was very high on his prices. Over list. So he called a dealer in Wisconsin figuring he could get a better deal. When the woman on the phone asked him why he wasn't buying from the Chicago area, he told her he was looking for a better price. She then told him that he SHOULD NOT be price shopping BMW's and basically told him off! Boy was he pi$$ed! Classic! Just buy it at the inflated price from an a$$hat dealer I guess. Well, he ended up downtown and got a decent deal and bought it. BMW shopping at its finest, I'll tell ya.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:04 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Default I hear these stories....

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
You mean they weren't before?? I have a friend that just bought a 1200R here in Chicago. There are only 2 dealers in Illinois near here. He wen to one dealer and he was very high on his prices. Over list. So he called a dealer in Wisconsin figuring he could get a better deal. When the woman on the phone asked him why he wasn't buying from the Chicago area, he told her he was looking for a better price. She then told him that he SHOULD NOT be price shopping BMW's and basically told him off! Boy was he pi$$ed! Classic! Just buy it at the inflated price from an a$$hat dealer I guess. Well, he ended up downtown and got a decent deal and bought it. BMW shopping at its finest, I'll tell ya.
... from a BMW fanatic friend who owns 7 of the dammed things (K75, K100, 2 R1100s, K1200, 2 R100s). Latest story is about a ma and pa BMW shop that had it's franchise taken away because the owners wouldn't build a brand new fancy showroom.

I don't verify rumors, I just pass them on. Standard news journalism, y' know. Maybe there's a place for me anchoring on TV after they finally fire that Katie Couric nutcase. Or I could make up some stories about troops committing atrocities and get a job at NPR.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #25
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
... from a BMW fanatic friend who owns 7 of the dammed things (K75, K100, 2 R1100s, K1200, 2 R100s). Latest story is about a ma and pa BMW shop that had it's franchise taken away because the owners wouldn't build a brand new fancy showroom.

I don't verify rumors, I just pass them on. Standard news journalism, y' know. Maybe there's a place for me anchoring on TV after they finally fire that Katie Couric nutcase. Or I could make up some stories about troops committing atrocities and get a job at NPR.
Maybe the Bill Moyers handle is still available on MO.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote